1.2.0.8 Patch (Steam)

Steam just updated the Race series to 1.2.0.8! :)

August 7, 2009 - RACE 07 Update Released

Updates to RACE 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed stability issues in the rendering pipeline
  • Fixed session timer in HUD and Garage menu
  • Improved AI clutch control on launch
  • Various triple head fixes
  • Fixed saving of total stats
  • Fixed selection of track cameras when switching viewed vehicle
  • Fixed bad draw distance in free flight camera mode
  • Improved behaviour of blown tyres
  • Fixed blue flags raised even though they were disabled
  • Fixed bad behaviour of AI cars after race finish
  • Fixed bug with ghost cars generating drafting

Features

• Enabled all STCC and GTR Evolution exclusive features in RACE 07

• Matt Crouch

I get the feeling the screen blacking out while going back to the garage allows cars to load faster... maybe :speculation:

Shame the positions below number 8 on the event results are still kaput, but no biggy

I'm also speculating as to whether the log output for qualifying results has been fixed... look reasonable from last night in autosim analyzer but not sure as there were so many...

Haven't noticed much TBH, although looking through the Leaderboards I noticed some of the tracks we run last night have faster times from previous events than the ones logged from last night mini events, mostly with the same participants. Perhaps they've reduced the grip on the mini's ?

I've never had any technical problems with this game till after this latest update. Now during online and offline races I have numerous momentary stutters that affect my screen and my FFB. Last nite I had my first PC lockups during an event. Once during practice and again at the end of the second race.
I'm running two ATI 4890 1GB OC boards in Crossfire, a quad core 3Ghz processor and I have 8Gigs of DDR2 ram, so I'm not understanding why my computer cant keep up with the game now :(

Are you sure you are not talking about the swingman view, James? 'Cause I can't get it to work with freecam either.

No, works fine in freecam and all the others.

capture_2009-08-08_16-02-28.jpg

Only place it didn't work fine was in an instant replay in a race - if you save the replay and watch it back later it works fine. Also works fine in race monitor.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%