- Kick user, Restart session, Skip session voting system implemented
- Chat python functions exposed
- Multiplayer Collisions improvements
- Some CPU performance improvements
- UI improvements
- Race control panel in pits menu
- AI Fixes
- Added "display recently joined servers" filter to server list
- Default launcher theme: extra sanitization for URI-unfriendly characters in content folder paths"

I have never worked with such a difficult server.exe in my life to be brutally honest and i can only pray that it will eventually all be the same as on easy to use gmotor dedicated servers as this system is literally wearing me out.

Did you think about ditching some of the work load to the players? You could start to only accept signups in the form of entry_list.ini format.

Lets say you run a race with GT3, I sign up and Bob sign's up.

I sign up with:

Code:
[CAR_0]
DRIVERNAME=Kevin Leu
TEAM=
MODEL=bmw_z4_gt3
SKIN=BMW_Z4_GT3_Red_Bull
GUID=76561XXXXX
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

Bob signs up with:

Code:
[CAR_1]
DRIVERNAME=Bob
TEAM=
MODEL=mclaren_mp412c_gt3
SKIN=2013-Gulf_Racing
GUID=76562XXXXX
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

And so fort, that way you can completely ditch the booking and password and start with the practice session because the server preloads all the cars and nobody else can join. It still involves manual work from you since you need to copy paste the info to the entry_list.ini and number the cars correctly. Should be easier though, at least I think so.

edit: I'm sure it is possible to automate this even more, have a script scrape the signups then put it into a file, I lack to knowledge for that though, there must be some more talented people who could help you with that.

Last edited:
I was having stutering and the feeling of speed was bad even though I was having around 110 - fps. I tried changing from Three Screen Mode to Single Screen Mode (now using Nvidia custom resolution with bezel correction) and even though I only gained around 10fps, it seems that the game has doubled the FPS. For the first time in months I´m having a feeling of speed in the game. It still Stutters in some places, but It´s a whole new game for me.
For those with triple screen, it might be worth trying running the game in Single Screen Mode. I think there´s a problem with Tripple Screen Mode in the game.
Regards.

I was having stutering and the feeling of speed was bad even though I was having around 110 - fps. I tried changing from Three Screen Mode to Single Screen Mode (now using Nvidia custom resolution with bezel correction) and even though I only gained around 10fps, it seems that the game has doubled the FPS. For the first time in months I´m having a feeling of speed in the game. It still Stutters in some places, but It´s a whole new game for me.
For those with triple screen, it might be worth trying running the game in Single Screen Mode. I think there´s a problem with Tripple Screen Mode in the game.
Regards.
Interesting, but in single screen mode aren't your other two screens not rendered independently?

Did you think about ditching some of the work load to the players? You could start to only accept signups in the form of entry_list.ini format.

I sign up with:

Code:
[CAR_0]
DRIVERNAME=Kevin Leu
TEAM=
MODEL=bmw_z4_gt3
SKIN=BMW_Z4_GT3_Red_Bull
GUID=76561XXXXX
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

Bob signs up with:

Code:
[CAR_1]
DRIVERNAME=Bob
TEAM=
MODEL=mclaren_mp412c_gt3
SKIN=2013-Gulf_Racing
GUID=76562XXXXX
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

And so fort, that way you can completely ditch the booking and password and start with the practice session because the server preloads all the cars and nobody else can join. It still involves manual work from you since you need to copy paste the info to the entry_list.ini and number the cars correctly. Should be easier though, at least I think so.

edit: I'm sure it is possible to automate this even more, have a script scrape the signups then put it into a file, I lack to knowledge for that though, there must be some more talented people who could help you with that.
This could be an issue with last minute entrants. Great idea though. I have no idea how to code but at least I can start to look into a solution for this.

I can probably manage that in my environment of choice, just not sure if the result would save the staff any actual work. I know by their nature people are not going to get their GUID right, and then complain when they can't get on the server. And this method would be far from completely automated.

Anyway the hypothetical workflow if I wrote it would be:
1. Thread author includes a block describing the event limits (so the scraper can do entry validation). Something like this.
Code:
cars = mclaren_mp412c; bmw_m3_e92; ferrari_458
pits=22
premiumservers=1
licensedservers=3
(not strictly necessary to be code tags, could use any bbcode that marks the text so the scraper can find it reliably.)
2. Users post with their name/car/skin/guid something like above.
3. Thread author visits a web form (at something like simple-fire-126.appengine.com) and pastes the url of the thread. At this scale Google Appengine is free & is what I'm used to working with.
4. A few seconds while the scraper loads the thread, scans each page for entries, checks that they're licensed/premium/using the same real name to sign up. Then sorts them onto servers in order of priority.
5. Returns a page containing the entry lists (first bbcode, then a block for each server's entry_list.ini).
6. Thread author copies the bbcode into the thread so people can tell whether their sign-up worked, copies the entry lists to the game servers when they configure them for the event.

I do have other projects going on, but I'm pretty confident this much would take me less than a week to get functional, although not pretty, I don't really do UIs.

I can probably manage that in my environment of choice, just not sure if the result would save the staff any actual work. I know by their nature people are not going to get their GUID right, and then complain when they can't get on the server. And this method would be far from completely automated.

Anyway the hypothetical workflow if I wrote it would be:
1. Thread author includes a block describing the event limits (so the scraper can do entry validation). Something like this.
Code:
cars = mclaren_mp412c; bmw_m3_e92; ferrari_458
pits=22
premiumservers=1
licensedservers=3
(not strictly necessary to be code tags, could use any bbcode that marks the text so the scraper can find it reliably.)
2. Users post with their name/car/skin/guid something like above.
3. Thread author visits a web form (at something like simple-fire-126.appengine.com) and pastes the url of the thread. At this scale Google Appengine is free & is what I'm used to working with.
4. A few seconds while the scraper loads the thread, scans each page for entries, checks that they're licensed/premium/using the same real name to sign up. Then sorts them onto servers in order of priority.
5. Returns a page containing the entry lists (first bbcode, then a block for each server's entry_list.ini).
6. Thread author copies the bbcode into the thread so people can tell whether their sign-up worked, copies the entry lists to the game servers when they configure them for the event.

I do have other projects going on, but I'm pretty confident this much would take me less than a week to get functional, although not pretty, I don't really do UIs.
Although it was typed in English, I might as well been Greek lol. I trust that you can figure it out though.

I sign up with:

Code:
[CAR_0]
DRIVERNAME=Kevin Leu
TEAM=
MODEL=bmw_z4_gt3
SKIN=BMW_Z4_GT3_Red_Bull
GUID=76561XXXXX
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

Bob signs up with:

Code:
[CAR_1]
DRIVERNAME=Bob
TEAM=
MODEL=mclaren_mp412c_gt3
SKIN=2013-Gulf_Racing
GUID=76562XXXXX
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

I've been doing this since MP was released. Skipping booking is pretty easy to do. As for automating this (bat), it certainly can be done but it might be a waste of time to do so. Someone will come up with such a system with at least a feasible GUI that will make all this easy to do.

Alan

I've been doing this since MP was released. Skipping booking is pretty easy to do. As for automating this (bat), it certainly can be done but it might be a waste of time to do so. Someone will come up with such a system with at least a feasible GUI that will make all this easy to do.

Alan

I think for public racing there's really not much need for a booking system, as you're just there to get in the car and drive (or cause a massive pile up at the first corner... Or wait for people to ram).

The booking system however looks to be very much designed around supporting club/league racing as it can come in handy a lot of the time. Plus it's a good way of making sure everyone is there before the event starts rather than finding out your down on numbers as the session is running.

The server improvements are nice if you run public rooms. For dedicated servers for closed sessions no improvements are there.

We still can't kick people from the booking list so again tons and tons of manual work needs to be done for each race pm'ing passwords and such.

I have never worked with such a difficult server.exe in my life to be brutally honest and i can only pray that it will eventually all be the same as on easy to use gmotor dedicated servers as this system is literally wearing me out.

At our league, I think we finally found a good way for both drivers to be complete and admins to fill their entry_list, after a long and winding road :whistling: of troubles and nervous breakdown :cry:

Simply a special code to copy:
[CAR_0]
DRIVERNAME=
TEAM=
MODEL=
SKIN=
GUID=
SPECTATOR_MODE=0
Then to paste in a new message

With instructions:
no space after =

[CAR_0] Admin will change it
Fill Drivername=pseudo
Team=your team or No Team
Model=see the list, copy and paste chosen car
Skin=see the list, copy and paste chosen car
GUID=we already have it or send mail
Spectator_mode=0 no change please

All wrong answers are refused if not corrected after message.
All the admin has to do is:
copy and paste this in the entry_list ( with Notepad ) change the Car=0 and add the guid.

We tested 10 drivers in order to make it easier for our next open race
9 good answers without mistakes.
My work will finally be quicker and easier. ;)

As everything is not yet definitive in the game, our devs are waiting for V1.0.

Example of a wrong answer in this test and reaction of a moderator:
[CAR_0]
DRIVERNAME=gonella eric
TEAM=
MODEL=BMW Z4 GT3
SKIN= bmw_motorsport_2013_white
GUID=
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

j espere que j ai suivi les consignes traduction= I hope I followed the rules

2 erreurs, on va jouer
14.gif
à toi de les trouver
6.gif
trad: 2 mistakes, let's play and up to you to find them

Last edited:
Someone will come up with such a system with at least a feasible GUI that will make all this easy to do.
Really the big problem I see is handling multiple user-accounts - if it's running on the RD forums then it can't check Steam GUIDs, if it's running on an AC app then it can't tell who's actually a RD Licensed user. So it's inevitably going to be a bit of a kludge having you sign in both and confirm the other one is also you. Otherwise you'd just get random people downloading the RD app and picking a licensed user's name so they can sign up for events, etc.

I can think of a few compromises but none that are really better than the above (ask people to send their GUID in privately, then store it where admins or whatever script can copy it over to the entry list)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%