1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

£54.99 for f1 2011 on official f1 web site

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by James Robertson, May 9, 2011.

1. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium Member

http://f1store.formula1.com/stores/f1/products/product_details.aspx?pid=92550

Is this an error?

Or is it just Bernie being a greedy ****.

2. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

It does say "available from 23/9/2011" at the bottom, so I can only assume that its a pre-sale.

Interesting how it says "Burn rubber on all 19 of the 2011 tracks including the all new Buddh International Indian venue". I wonder if Bahrain's been left out then? As if it does go ahead this year, there will be 20 races.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Pretty expensive! I hope thats not the PC-DVD price. That would make ... 62 Euro?

4. Firstly, that's ridiculously expensive and secondly, that list doesn't show us a single thing that's new. If that is the release price, I will 100% be holding fire for a Steam sale. I wouldn't pay that much for a photo realistic F1 game with the best AI!

Edit: I hope they don't play around with the engine too much - if they don't most of the mods for F1 2010 should be easily adapted for the new game.

5. It's RRP, which is only £5 more than that of every other console game i've purchased. I recon it'll be around £30 on the opening weekend in the supermarkets.

6. No big news ... :(

7. It's not RRP for PC - we don't get ripped off like console gamers do. ;)

8. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Well, 2 and 5 are very close...

9. Yeah looking at the prices on pretty much everything in their store, I doubt an actual game vendor is going to sell it at that price.
    Photo Frame £10 Down from £49.99. I think they are out to make a quick buck out of needy fans.
    Think I will use Steam again :D

10. Console Games are always ridiclously High, that's why Developers make games for consoles more then PC's.... the PC Games which are new are always between £30 £40 no more & certanly no less..... don't think i'd pay that much for a poxy game, no thank you :D

11. Indeed - and if you go online to play.com or similar, you'll only end up paying about £26.

No sign of a PC version at GAME by the way...

12. I hope they fix up the game's AI urgent. things as you enter the pits in front of the opponent and suddenly he goes through his car is ridiculous.

13. The reason console games are so expensive is all down to the fee which M$ and Phony charge per game. Take that fee away and the games come out around £5 more than the same PC title. Still not worth it IMO.

14. pre ordered at play.com for £34.99

15. and they wonder why people pirate their games, absolute joke

16. Pre ordered this early? You're brave. Which format?

17. shopto - 17 pounds XBox, 16 - PS3 and 13 PC o_O

18. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

last post before yours was 11 months ago........

• Like Like x 1