Your plans for racing in S3-2012

As the title says what series are you planning on running in the upcoming season (this is me just being nosey:rolleyes:)

myself ill be racing in the Skippy and Starmazda (doing these 2 as cant decide which i like better, also it gives me $8 in participation credits if i do the 8 weeks in each not going to turn down free money:D)

Also might dip my toes into the Williams Fw31 if im feeling brave just to see what its like, though all i can see happening is me being a rolling chicane for the fast guys lapping me :cry:

GT Challenge series with the Corvette, right now I am in first place in division 4, I have a feeling I will bumped up to division 3 next season so I will try to win that as well ;) Also the V8SC, the races are very limited but usually on Thursday night and Friday night there are official races. There is a HPD only series starting next season I might poke my head in when they visit Watkins Glen :D but that might be the only race I do.

After they updated the NTM for the Star Mazda I didn't like it anymore so that along with many other cars that I own sit in my account collecting dust :rolleyes:

In season 3 I'm going to see what I can do in the F1 series, I've got a low iRacing so I'm looking to finish at the top of whatever division I get placed in. Sandy no worries about the rolling chicane, I'm like that too :D

I'm a big fan of the HPD, but it's damage model is terrible... A little contact with the wall and you have too much damage to continue, so I might stick to the Corvette for this season. The other thing I'll be doing is the A class fixed/open, not sure what I'll focus on it depends on the participation really.

Looking forward to season 3 it's got a lot of promise :)

skip barber, will buy it next week, got nine tracks so should be great fun
proto and gt, in the GT40 only fixed is available this season, if this turns out to be no longer a good series (with HDP only introduced) I might skip to the GT challenge. Got 9 tracks in both series, so first two weeks I'll do both and then concentrate on what looks like more fun.
talking of which, I will from time to time take out the Silverado or the Dallare oval fixed, or even the street stock for a quick shot of Adrenaline :)

Nice Thread.

I'll be running:
  • Grand Am Sports Car Series (Mustang)
  • NASCAR iRacing Class C Fixed
Perhaps I'll be running these as well, depending on my time:
  • Prototype & GT Challenge MC Fixed (Corvette)
  • NASCAR iRacing Class C
  • NASCAR iRacing Class B Fixed

skip barber, will buy it next week, got nine tracks so should be great fun
proto and gt, in the GT40 only fixed is available this season, if this turns out to be no longer a good series (with HDP only introduced) I might skip to the GT challenge. Got 9 tracks in both series, so first two weeks I'll do both and then concentrate on what looks like more fun.
talking of which, I will from time to time take out the Silverado or the Dallare oval fixed, or even the street stock for a quick shot of Adrenaline :)
The Prototype and GT Challenge MC Fixed will be fine. It has always had decent participation and now the that open series is gone it will only have more drivers. Then again, it's about the racing, not the numbers. ;)

Classic Lotus Grand Prix (including the Classic Teams Championship) full season.

Some Class B fixed, time to go ahead and get my 'A' oval license.

A sprinkling of Star Mazda mixed in for quick-fixes.

Other than that, lots of unofficial series/leagues in Trucks, SM, Indy, and the Riley.

My plans went poof once I saw Season 3's schedule (yeah, I'm one of the bitter oval guys ;)) I had planned a full Truck and A season for the credits. Trucks I was going to take a serious whack at and A was going to be more of an extended R&D session, but I'm 5 and 6 tracks short respectively from running all 12 weeks. I might get a few tracks so I can at least do the 8 required, but the first 4 tracks are all ones I don't have, and funds are lacking. Dropping from A to B is no help either.

For now that's still my plan and I'm just hoping for some random money to appear. If not, a full season of each of the open wheelers is my only option. Not exactly what I wanted, but it's hard to complain about a complete season of short track action :D

I think I'm going for the C6-R in the GT challenge.

Car was already great but improved a lot with the last update!
New steering linearity feels really great!

But actually I'm also waiting for the McLaren, really like the GT3 cars

Change of plans :)

I 'm driving the SRF on the road side and the Trucks fixed on the oval side.

SRF is very fun to drive now and I like the close racing.

I also want to do some oval on a regular base. Don't know anything about setups, so went for the fixed series.

I 'm also going to drive the Caddy in a another league and continue the Le Mans series here. (except Texas that is)

NASCAR iRacing Class C Open will be my main series for S3.
I am done with road racing, because of the sh*tstorm caused by the Proto & GT community... I am waiting for the McLaren GT3 now.

The Proto/GT was my favorite and I could not agree more with Niels post. The entire fiasco that went on over the past season or two was a complete joke in my book and a failure on iRacings part with what they did... However with that said I will still drive the Vettes in the Proto/GT fixed and possibly the GT challenge. I figure I have already raced one race in the Skippy so if I have time I stay there as well. I would really like to run the V8s but with the wife in school and getting ready to start medical school I am not sure I can hit the only night they actually run...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%