XBOX360 CONTROLER

i have a xbox360 controler and i just got a gift for Iracing,was wondering if there is a setup for it?i tried the normal one
but when it says ,turn u'r wheel at 90 joystick turns only180 and the it says 60 and i have 90,and it is very,very,very sensitive
do i have a deadzone for steering?

pls help

iracing isnt really set up for gamepad use. I would discourage it as well, as the tyre model can be finicky and the exaggerated controls of a gamepad will make it very hard to keep the car pointed straight, particularly with oval racing in the higher classes. You may be able to get away with the rookie legends cars with a gamepad, and might be able to do road racing acceptably. For iracing I could only suggest a proper wheel, doesnt have to be a good one but it will be very hard without one.

As for deadzone, you cant control that in the game settings to my knowledge. Have a look at your xbox controller software out of the game, but I dont think there would be an option for this.

There's also a young disabled guy who iRace's with an XBOX controller. Because of his disability a wheel is out of the question and he has devised a driving style that the controller allows him to compete with. He's not too bad either.

I've also heard of folks driving using flightstick's (more commonly used for flight sims) but as others have said, to get the most out of iRacing, a wheel/pedal set is the way to go.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back