xbox 360 wheel compatability

hi guys, on the back of a previous thread i have been looking for a new wheel/pedal setup for the 360. The problem i have is ive looked on other forums for a list of all wheels that work with the xbox but people are giving me conflicting information.

Can anybody please provide me with a list of all wheels that are compatible with the 360 so i can make a decision of what to buy.

Many thanks in advance!

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21
Forza Motorsport CSR Elite Wheel
499.95EUR incl. VAT plus shipment PC / PS3 / XB360

Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel
199.95EUR incl. VAT plus shipment PC / PS3 / XB360

Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack
249.95EUR incl. VAT plus shipment PC / PS3 / XB360

Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack XL
359.95EUR incl. VAT plus shipment PC / PS3 / XB360

Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel - Clubsport edition XXL

Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel -

I hope you find what your lucking for:)

Upvote 0
http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21
Forza Motorsport CSR Elite Wheel

Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel
199.95EUR incl. VAT plus shipment PC / PS3 / XB360

Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack

Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack XL
359.95EUR incl. VAT plus shipment PC / PS3 / XB360

Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel - Clubsport edition XXL

Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel -

I hope you find what your lucking for:)

Thanks for the reply! So i take it the logitech g25/g27 doesnt work wth the 360?

Upvote 0
Yes a g25 /27 will work on a xbox but with a poor ffb. I have used this gizmo but went back to my ms wheel
i think this is aimed at people like me who race mostly on pc but wanted to use their g25/27 wheel on a Xbox

But a g25/27 plugs straight into a PS3 and works
some of the fanatec wheels work on all systems, i use a pc and xbox. And i nearly bought a PS3 for GT5.
So to have 1 wheel that will cover all is an advantage when fitted inside a sim rig.
I have 2 system setups which is a pain to keep moving....so i dont use my xbox much,

But to spend upto 800 euros on a wheel and pedals for a xbox seems alot of money to me..
Id rather buy a second hand gaming pc and second hand g25.. about the same money.
You can use a ms wheel (second hand ) and this can have the g25 pedals (second hand) fitted to it.http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/2975695.aspx but you dont get the clutch.
But you need to cut the wires and make new connections. this does work from what ive seen
i have a squash ball squeezed under my ms brake pedal to make it stiffer, this was good enough for me..

IMO
The ffb in f1 2012 is not the best on any system it very light in feel. its allot of money to feel the kerbs rattle your wheel, this is not what ffb is about. thats the last thing i need when racing i want to feel how the car reacts when braking and changing direction..

Upvote 0
Yes a g25 /27 will work on a xbox but with a poor ffb. I have used this gizmo but went back to my ms wheel
i think this is aimed at people like me who race mostly on pc but wanted to use their g25/27 wheel on a Xbox

But a g25/27 plugs straight into a PS3 and works
some of the fanatec wheels work on all systems, i use a pc and xbox. And i nearly bought a PS3 for GT5.
So to have 1 wheel that will cover all is an advantage when fitted inside a sim rig.
I have 2 system setups which is a pain to keep moving....so i dont use my xbox much,

But to spend upto 800 euros on a wheel and pedals for a xbox seems alot of money to me..
Id rather buy a second hand gaming pc and second hand g25.. about the same money.
You can use a ms wheel (second hand ) and this can have the g25 pedals (second hand) fitted to it.http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/2975695.aspx but you dont get the clutch.
But you need to cut the wires and make new connections. this does work from what ive seen
i have a squash ball squeezed under my ms brake pedal to make it stiffer, this was good enough for me..

IMO
The ffb in f1 2012 is not the best on any system it very light in feel. its allot of money to feel the kerbs rattle your wheel, this is not what ffb is about. thats the last thing i need when racing i want to feel how the car reacts when braking and changing direction..

Thanks for the replies! Really helpful and useful information!

i was actually thinking of a gaming pc but not being very technical minded i would have no idea what to go for... Would something like the following be adequate? What are the min system requirenents i would need?
Screenshot_2012-09-19-19-35-15.png

Upvote 0
@Jim Cole

Im looking for a bit of advice please and i hear you're the guy to ask. Because of the wide variety of sim racers available on pc in comparison to xbox i think its good idea to do a switchover

The problem im having is i have no idea where to start or what to get. My budget for a gaming pc, keyboard, mouse, wheels and pedals and whatever else i need will be a bit tight at around £700 (i wont need a monitor as i will use my tv via hdmi slot

I think to start with i will just be looking to play on f1 2011 and 2012 when it is released (im unsure as of yet of other popular racing sims on pc as i am an xbox man)

Is it possible to get a set up on this budget? If so what should i get? What would you recomkend?

Overtime is available at work if it means i could get myself bettercwheel/pedals etc lol

Any help is greatly appreciated! THANKS

Upvote 0
700 is a bit tight if you need to get everything except the monitor. To get a decent wheel alone you are looking at around 250 which leaves you with 450 to spend on the computer. Granted you are not going to need anything fancy for keyboard and mouse, but if you wish to be able to play games without much lag you are going to have to spend a bit on the computer.

My personal recommendation would be to check out some shops online to see what they have to offer, but look for specific pieces to make the whole. I would look for an AMD CPU to save you a little bit of money. If you can get a system that has a Phenom II 945 CPU, that would be good for starters. Also, look for something with at least 4Gb of ram. I would also look for either the Radeon HD 7770 or the nVidia GTX 560 SE for graphics.

If you are going to build your own or have it built, I would consider this motherboard: ASRock 770iCafe AM3+ AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard. The reason is price and what it supports.

ASRock MB= $54
8Gb G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 ram = $41
Phenom II 965 CPU = $100
Antec case = $50
Power Supply = SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified = $60
Seagate Barracuda 360GB Hard drive = $60
LiteOn DVD Drive = $20
ECS GTX 560 SE = $130
Powercolor HD 7770 = $120
Keyboard mouse and speakers can be purchased for around $80 to $100 for the 3 of them.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit = $100

I listed price on both graphics cards mentioned, but you only need one or the other, not both.

Total for computer with the HD 7770 = $685
Logitech G27 wheel and pedals = $200

That is about the minimum that I would go with for a gaming system. As you can see it comes to almost $900 US and according to conversion rates that is about 550 pounds. If you can get the items and have the system built for the prices I have shown, then you are set and will have extra, but if you can't then you may wish to save.

On a side note btw, if you plan on racing in rF2, you should consider getting the Thrustmaster t500 or the Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals as there are less issues and they feel better with that sim.

Upvote 0
@Rob Carver

One other thing on the system, if you stick with the G27 and have money left to spend, I would consider getting the Radeon HD 7870 graphics card for $260 instead of the $120 for the HD 7770 as that will improve your visual experience quite a bit.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years