WTCC: World Champion Rob Huff Joins with Seat

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
One month before the start of the FIA World Touring Car Championship season ALL-INKL.COM Munnich Motorsport has signed reigning world champion Rob Huff as a driver for the team, replacing the earlier announced Markus Winkelhock who has opted for an other challenge this upcoming season.

The 33-year-old Briton has won his first title in 2012 for the factory team of Chevrolet and will now rejoin with a Seat in which he claims his first wins in touring car racing in the BTCC in 2003.

“Rob’s arrival is a big boost for our ambitions. We want to be at the front of the field right from the beginning, aiming forpodium results and race wins. Our goal is a top-three placing in the Drivers’ Championship,” said team owner René Münnich.

Rob Huff continued: “It will be quite special to compete in the WTCC with the León and a team that carries the highest amount of professionalism. I’m delighted to join René and Marc, this is an exciting newly-formed project, but the team have a huge reputation having previously won the FIA GT1 World Championship in 2012. I’m very thankful for the opportunity that I have been given and look forward to building on this relationship,”

The team of René Münnich enters the WTCC series with three Seat Leons and the driver line-up will be formed by Rob Huff, Marc Basseng and completed by the team principle himself.

For more news and discussions about the upcoming FIA WTCC season visit our forums.
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back