WTCC: Monza Mania

Yvan Muller made a brilliant start at the Opening race at Monza Today, taking home his 32nd career win, on the second session this afternoon. The Chevrolet's have looked mighty through all the sessions over the weekend, setting record times. The weather at Monza today was described as Formula One's worst nightmare. The Italian track was covered with rain for most of the day, testing every drivers ability.

Marc Basseng made a great start to his WTCC career at the second WTCC Monza meeting. Qualifying in 8th place, h went on to have close battles with former World Champion Gabriele Tarquini and finished a well earned 4th place in the second race.

Top Five Standings

Pos.
Driver
Teams

Yvan Muller
RML

Tom Chilton
RML

Gabriele Tarquini
Honda Racing

Michel Nykjaer
Nika

Alex MacDowall
Bamboo

Lada announced that both of the team's car's were unable to take part in todays race. The Russian based team had to take the terrible decision of withdrawing both car's from the WTCC Opening Race in Monza. Sadly both car's were damaged when they collided during the qualifying session on Saturday afternoon.

[youtube]

Lada said that although Thompson was able to take part in Q2, his car was not race worthy and that it had suffered severe roll cage damage from the impact to the side. The team could not repair either of the cars at the track and they have not commented if they will be taking part at the next WTCC meeting at Marrakech.
View the Post on the Blog

I was hoping Tom Coronel would do a lot better this season than the previous ones since the Chevy cars aren't backed up by Chevrolet anymore but I guess I will have to wait a bit longer :(

Poor guy has been competing soo long now : It's time for a WTCC titel !! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back