Would you recommend R3E?

Hi
Would you recommend R3E?

Where does it stand graphically in relation to other games? Is it nicer looking than Assetto, iRacing, GSC 2013, rFactor2,

How does its pricing seem? In fact, how does the pricing work out? I see cars are about 300 vPr, and tracks about 500 - how much money is that?

EDIT: is the single player any good? (I don't play online)

Last edited:
Christopher, what wheel are you using? Maybe I can help try to provide better FFB settings for you. I think R3E provides pretty good FFB except when the wheel is completely centered, I don't get a lot of road feel unless its a pretty big dip or bump but only a few sims are able to do that, AC and iRacing depending on the car and track.

I do not think iRacing has better graphics in my opinion especially when you really turn up all the details on R3E however iRacing runs smoother at its highest settings compared to R3E.

And its a very good point that most people probably don't realize that you can play the Competition mode and sample some of the cars and tracks you may not already own. iRacing certainly doesn't allow this.

I have a Logitech G25. I'm using one of the .rcs files I found on this forum, but I'll check out the T500 thread as well.

Blkout, I had a huge problem with road feel in rFactor 2 until I set the "steering torque minimum" option in my controller.ini file which dramatically improved the FFB and has actually made rFactor 2 my favourite sim at the moment. If R3E and AC had similar options, their FFB would be far better IMO.

R3E ...... Hell........ YES :):):):)
Easter half price so I jumped in and bought the lot cars and tracks
I also had my doubts but about it but.........
Wow was I eating my words
Also multiplayer is coming
The competition menu is super cool putting yourself against others
Sounds are awesome :thumbsup:
Try before you buy that's what I did
I was hooked SimBin you rock :thumbsup:
Its really good really good
T500rs wheel was a little bit to set up so many adjustments
But finally got it sweet :thumbsup:
Love the in game menu settings as you can set up everything during a fang around the track of your choice that's cool
Was going to get DTM 2013
But may hold off till they release DTM 2014 with multiplayer.:thumbsup:
I also have Assetto Corsa love it too swapping between them is cool comparing both
Now that my steam wallet has only $1 left in it
I reakon I got the two best sim titles
That's me
Happy as
:):):):)

I am big fun of Simbin but now :( they are to greedy for me with DTM or R3E :(

vRP points :whistling:

500 vRP = £4.79
1100 vRP = £9.59
2000 vRP = £16,79
5000 vRP = £38.39

so 12 cars and 10 tracks = + - 80 £ ...and this is not the end !!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
heh who knows rain , skins , or BBS wheels will cost as well ? :roflmao:

for 70-80 £ I have Assetto Corsa :) + GSC extreme :) + RBR :) + GTR2 :) + rFactor :) + ... :) with free mods - cars, tracks etc. :cool:

I try it R£E
using free car / track and this is good sim with FAB sounds :rolleyes:
but to much $$$ for me ;)

Last edited:
Remik, in fairness, a single car in R3E costs about $3.82, a single car in iRacing is $11.95. A track in R3E costs about $7.75, a track in iRacing is $14.95.

The liveries are a bit of a rip-off but you don't have to buy them to enjoy the game.

If you had purchased all of the content minus the liveries during the Easter sale, it would have cost you about $65. That's a lot of content for that price. Granted GSC offers more value, but not as much variety.

• Mikko Lashay

For the game's quality, it's pricing is a fair trade in my opinion. You could just buy less content if you think it's overpriced. I have bought only some of it but I am really enjoying it. I wouldn't pay half that money for a game that I wouldn't like.

R3E is a very good looking game, fresh, modern, innovative, promising. It is not some polished remake of a previous game, there is a new approach in every aspect, successfuly delivered. And there is a lot more to come. We are purchasing it's full version in fact, not the beta. You either trust and buy or wait until it's officially released will all the features.

"Easter sale" 50% off :) = 65 - 70 $
so officially released game will cost 90 - 100+ $ with 50% discount ;)
... without will be what 180+ $ :)

I know this is good sim ... ;) but for me ;) to much marketing tactics at this stage...
and I hope they will be able to change that
;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

so officially released game will cost 90 - 100+ $ with 50% discount ;)
... without will be what 180+ $ :)
I don't know, why so many people are thinking, that you need to purchase all the content. Buy what you like. Nothing more, nothing less. Even with a small amount of purchased tracks and cars, you can have much fun and for an unlimited time too.

SimRacers are spending so much money on Hardware (Wheels, Pedals, 3 Monitors, SimRig, Shifter, etc. etc. etc.) but when it comes to a few little bucks for some quality cars and tracks they become very greedy. :confused: Think about it, when you ordering your next meal at Burger King/McDonalds/you-name-it.;)

I don't know, why so many people are thinking, that you need to purchase all the content. Buy what you like. Nothing more, nothing less. Even with a small amount of purchased tracks and cars, you can have much fun and for an unlimited time too.

SimRacers are spending so much money on Hardware (Wheels, Pedals, 3 Monitors, SimRig, Shifter, etc. etc. etc.) but when it comes to a few little bucks for some quality cars and tracks they become very greedy. :confused: Think about it, when you ordering your next meal at Burger King/McDonalds/you-name-it.;)

I know what U saying but this is not TOP sim for me at this moment ;)
I prefer other beta sims ;)
usually I play AC , GSC Extreme with 55 track's added from rFactor :whistling: , GTR2
and I love rally :rolleyes: so RBR as well.
I don't think they are cheap meal's ;)

I can have this all sim's for R3E beta price :)
and full will be double :confused: in it ?

so I don't get why I should pay 4 - 5 x more just for one small meal ;)
quality is 5 x better ? :)

I will wait for another 50 % discount ... or for better deal ;)
I am busy with other sim's now ;)

Last edited:
Hi
Would you recommend R3E?

Where does it stand graphically in relation to other games? Is it nicer looking than Assetto, iRacing, GSC 2013, rFactor2,

How does its pricing seem? In fact, how does the pricing work out? I see cars are about 300 vPr, and tracks about 500 - how much money is that?

EDIT: is the single player any good? (I don't play online)
IMO R3E poor graphics quality. Why? Look at the cars and environment in Shift2. As for me in R3E problem that overall game feels like remote controlled cars, not real. From beta sims novadays< I think Assetto Corsa is the best in all, great physics, great ffb, graphics near pCARS.

IMO R3E poor graphics quality. Why? Look at the cars and environment in Shift2. As for me in R3E problem that overall game feels like remote controlled cars, not real. From beta sims novadays< I think Assetto Corsa is the best in all, great physics, great ffb, graphics near pCARS.

If you think R3e graphics are poor quality, you might want to check your settings. Look fine to me.

And once more for TS. The politics of SimBin is vwry strange, they want to control potential customer< they do livery...for cash, what the hell??? They convert the cars like gumpert, zonda, saleen g1, ford gt1 from older games like race inkection with his livery, but make its for money, I dont think that step with loyality to the gamers.

R3E graphics are better than AC or pCars :geek:
this is a joke ?

R3E looks fine ;) but AC and pCars are 2 - 3 x better :)
just check screenshots :whistling:

AC and GSC extreme have better FFB etc. as well ;)

R3E have few good cars... I like BMW procar and OOOO quattro :rolleyes:
+ SUPERB sounds :rolleyes: that's it :whistling: for me ;)

The politics of SimBin = control £££ potential customer in any way ;) including livery :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years