Workaround for server list crash (04.09.2013)

Start the game.

Unplug your ethernet cable.

Go to server lobby.

Go to filter menu.

Enter filter text (the server you wish to race on)

Plug your ethernet back.

Refresh server list

NOTE! While in filter menu it still refreshes the server list in the background. Because you got no connection, you will be returned to main menu after few seconds. Anything you managed to type to the filter will still be active so you should not crash anymore. If you have a long filter text, use the following workaround for this workaround (lol):

Alt tab to windows. Seek any place you can type. One good place is Start menu and it's Search box. Type the required text and then copy it. Go back to Race and press CTRL+V in the filter menu text field.

EDIT: What follows is speculation, not confirmed information. The cause is illegal characters in one of the server names. If you were the one that put a new server online last night, please check your server name! Avoid characters like #, |, /, \ and $. Specially avoid " and '. A lot of programs use them in another purposes (google: escape characters in code). There is a known problem in some of the text fields in Race07 and it's dedicated server software.

My guess: the faulty server is named something like: .://best server ever\\:. Don't use such names in any game, ever, is my advice. I have to kick people from our FPS server occasionally because they got such names and it causes all kinds of problems with admin tools...

Last edited:
Because the problem happened a few months ago, i remember another workaround without unplugging your ethernet connection.

Go to World Ranking -> Ranking Server -> set a filter where you want to race

Now back to main menu. Because the server filter is still active, you can now join the Multiplayer lobby.

cheers
Ernie

PS: Sadly i can't test it right now (because i'm at work), but this was working last time this problem (illegal characters in server name) happened.

Someone is dooing this on purpose...we have seen many hacks on servers like insane fast cars or damage off and even a hack that when you left the server,it was impossible to join back...so this looks like the same people who try to get attention....
To make a name or nickname from odd characters is silly...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back