WIP Mount Autobahn

Hey there!

After my previous failure to complete a track (Factory Test Track), I am releasing another failure... at completing a track.
I just realized that I'm just too busy to finish it, but since I think it has some potential, I'm releasing it here for any other modder to complete.

This time I wanted to create a true road driving experience that would potentionally feature traffic and trains! The track is called Mount Autobahn, and features a point-to-point track with an autobahn in the middle. At both ends there is a roundabout or junction so that the traffic could be both ways.

There is also a train that should be riding on a circle route around the track. Unfortunately, the shader that animated the train (rotated it around the center of the world) is missing so the train doesn't move right now (it is commented out of the geometry as well).

I also hereby give the community rights to modify or use textures and object from the track on other projects as long as I get credit for my work.

The download includes the 3DS Max files and the initial Racer version of the track (~156MB): http://www.mediafire.com/file/b5s6u11i42lxm13/MountAutobahnWIP.zip

EDIT: Here's a 7-zip version (thanks Cosmo!): http://www.mediafire.com/file/jd2d7bipg8a7qn4/mount_autobahn.7z

Some screens as well:

This looks brilliant.. my favourite kind of track with bits of everything :) Will download when I have time/internet speed. Nice work!

I use Universal Extractor >_> (but I have not downloaded the track yet because my connection is ass and the overage fees are bad. I will grab it next month when my BW usage resets)
(*Edit. Actually, it is a bit past midnight here, I should download it now :p)

Opening fine with 7-zip, maybe give that a try since it's a more efficient archiving tool anyway - instead of 150MB through Winzip, it packs the contents of this track to 100MB, for example :)

Thanks for releasing it Some1, it's a fun layout from what I discovered on a first testdrive last night. I'm sure it's going to be a blast especially in multiplayer, too.

Opening fine with 7-zip, maybe give that a try since it's a more efficient archiving tool anyway - instead of 150MB through Winzip, it packs the contents of this track to 100MB, for example :)

Interesting... I first tried 7-zip as well, and it packed the track to ~250mb, then I tried WinZip and it packed to 150 so that's why I sticked with it. Perhaps somebody will be so kind and upload a 7-zip version somewhere? :)

That is, of course, if the track was finished, right? :p

Finished or not, it is still great for driving online. Some bottomless Cliffs here and there :p but it's still a cool map to speed and cruise on.

On another note, does anyone get a crash there (see picture)? I did about 4 times now (2 when I was trying to make an AI Lap for an Viper SRT-10). It was so hard to drive "slow and defensive" just to avoid the AI screwing up later (well I guess it would've done that anyways), makes me cry ;( Otherwise it doesn't crash, as long as I avoid that spot.

Code:
Sat Oct 01 18:48:51 (INFO): [racer/4048] Crash detected - attempting to recover some data before displaying the crash dialog
Sat Oct 01 18:48:53 (FATAL): [racer/4048] Exception 0xC0000005, flags 0, Address 0x00346BD3
(this dialog text is stored in QLOG.txt)

OS-Version: 6.1.7600 () 0x100-0x1

0x00346BD3 [newton]: (filename not available): NewtonWorldForEachJointDo
0x0037397B [newton]: (filename not available): NewtonWorldForEachJointDo
0x003786CB [newton]: (filename not available): NewtonWorldForEachJointDo
0x0032DC0D [newton]: (filename not available): NewtonWorldForEachJointDo
0x0032E04F [newton]: (filename not available): NewtonWorldForEachJointDo
0x0034E278 [newton]: (filename not available): NewtonWorldForEachJointD

It has great potential! The roads are awesome to drive in, and with some villages and country roads to fill the empty spaces, it could become a part of Racer greatest hits! I really hope that someone finishes it! :D

What if we merged this track with Polish Roads? The junction from where you start could be put instead of the junction with the gas station in Polish Roads. This could be fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%