Will you buy rFactor 2?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yeah very early to ask with not much information released yet, but what we have seen so far looks very promising.
With rFactor growing and growing each day at RaceDepartment we expect rFactor 2 to be an instant hit for our racing club and racing leagues. Hence the question: "Will you get rFactor 2?"

Yea, rfactor isn't too great without mods but I think rF2 will be better without mods because of WSGT mod and probably better tracks. I agree, rF2 will be revolutionary - for sure I think the biggest step up they will have taken much like Battlefield3, a massive step up from the past.

Peter, I feel exactly the same way, I spent most of my first few months downloading mods and not really getting better at any! lol rFactor, mod wise, can be like a drug! Just avoid rFcentral and you'll be off it in no time haha!

I think rF2 will be better without mods because of WSGT mod and probably better tracks.

No mod's No buy!! They are the meat and potato and carrots and onions and bits of tomato and salt and cummin and.. well the broth is good but what good is just broth?

Some American aged Beef drizzled on some twisty Spanish Waffle Bread.

No mod's No buy!! They are the meat and potato and carrots and onions and bits of tomato and salt and cummin and.. well the broth is good but what good is just broth?

Hey I didn't mean not possible to have mods! I made EOAA GT so am all for modding and will maybe do some on rF2. I meant that for those that aren't keen on looking for and installing mods i.e. the core game (without mods), will be better because of WSGT and maybe ISI might have got a license for a new series. For sure rFactor is a bit week out of the box for drivers, bit of mixed bag and I can't stand all that upgrade none sense. Would much rather have a few good core series than several higgledy piggledy ones.

Having said that I think ISI have the right priorities. I would rather ISI spend time on physics and in creating a realistic driving experience than on for example a tacky offline career type feature. Honestly I feel the offline attraction is not important in this day and age, all offline needs is good AI and a few good series. The mojority race online and careers are established by leagues and community. It's a winning formula and one that ISI ought to continue using and one that will lead to most realistic driving experience which afterall is all a sim racer wants.

Hey Steer mate, nice to see you!

I think all mods need to start over with rF2. Not sure though.

For a lot mods I personally hope they can't be converted and people will create quality mods for this game instead of quantity mods.

I'll buy it as soon as Bob's Track Builder can export directly to it. I imagine that will be more on Piddy than ISI, but that's just how it's going to work for me.

Thanks for the reply Guys. I just hope that the people who have made the current QUALITY mods can be bothered to re-do them eg; DMR Revival, TCL etc. ( I hate doing the same job twice! ) Also hoping the graphics are of Dirt3 quality with no frame rate issues.
Here's hoping. :)

Even if you are an iRacing or LFS fanatic, theres no way you can avoid wanting to get rFactor2, i cant think of anyway that it wont be better than rF1, realfeel-like FFB as standard, better graphics, surround sound...finally. as Gjon Camaj said when asked how much the physics engine will be changed "physics is the same now as it was when we made rF1 so we dont need a new physics engine, well just tweak this one a bit" something like that XD

If rFactor1 is still capable of delivering such great stuff six+ years in...and the guys at ISI are planning to tweak rFactor2 to be more of the same, then it would take a complete screw up for it to be a bad sim. It sounds like they're on the right track, by just perfecting what is already a proven model. It's a brilliant move. We've already seen what the thing is capable of. Sure they're lots of mods out there...some good and some not so good. You only have to look at the accuracy of the DRM mod to see that in the right hands...with the right modding group, maximum potential can be achieved. I regard that mod as the best mod for rFactor. It is definately the most accurate from a driver's standpoint. I'm gonna go as far as to come up with a new name for what ISI is doing. I'm branding it "The Newey Effect" as in not reinventing the wheel, but just perfecting an already great product while still kicking everybody's a**...ala RedBull racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back