Why didn't you stop me...

...from buying F12012 :p The handling is numb and uninspiring at best (IMO ofc).

The main reason for this thread is to remind you all to be grateful and appreciative of GSC 'cause their cars are/feel great!
(Now we just need Admin to give us some club races with strategy involved such as pit stops HINT HINT ;))

Thanks Reiza.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a cheap copy of F1 2102?.....Excellent condition, low klms, no scratches, all original, only driven on weekends.

Mate, i know that, that's how i try to drive in any simulator. What i was saying is that in real f1 cars they don't seem to be so concerned about that as you can see in those videos, how many times in that lap do you see the brake's release progression you referred?... :)

I never saw a modulating of the brake. Could it be that this is just an 1/0 Light. Which tells when the Brake are used and when they are not used?

Its not believeable that they can hit the brake so strong without locking.
And those F1 2012 do they have ABS I dont think so. Or?

I never saw a modulating of the brake. Could it be that this is just an 1/0 Light. Which tells when the Brake are used and when they are not used?

Its not believeable that they can hit the brake so strong without locking.
And those F1 2012 do they have ABS I dont think so. Or?

No, no ABS in formula1 cars (since several years, I think).

And yes, apparently the red brake bar is not very indicative of what is going on. Check real telemetry to see that they do modulate the braking http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/2011/08/18/telemetry-and-data-analysis-introduction/

On the original thread topic, I for one tried to campaign against pre-ordering F12012 the days before release, because I think the way CM is treating customers is far from proper. But it is hard to resist the hype.

And about the reality vs. iracing/others. I do too believe some sims overcomplicate driving. It is true is should be really really hard to drive to the limit, both with a real car and with a sim. But when you 'sit' in a simulated car and you have problems just keeping the car on track without pushing, something is wrong.

While I have to agree that the F-Reiza is way better than any of the Codemasters formula cars I've tried, I find even that to be dull, lifeless and boring compared to the KS2 in Netkar Pro. Love driving that car so much even though it punishes me for being a poor and cocky driver all the time xD

If the brake pedal travels all the way down. Then 100% of the pressure is on the wheels. But if the brake pedal just travels just the half of the way the brake pressure is 1/2 or ?
Your post confuses me.

think when you drive a car, you modulate the brake pressure in a very very short travel, so your statement "100% pressure need 100% travel, 50% pressure need 50% travel" is wrong.

so that display, as already said, seems something on/off, like stop lights in the car

The brake graphics in formula 1 television is either on or off, it does not show travel or modulation or pressure or anything, only the throttle pedal shows that.

It has been like this ever since they started showing these graphics on tv 7 or 8 years ago.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back