Why didn't you stop me...

...from buying F12012 :p The handling is numb and uninspiring at best (IMO ofc).

The main reason for this thread is to remind you all to be grateful and appreciative of GSC 'cause their cars are/feel great!
(Now we just need Admin to give us some club races with strategy involved such as pit stops HINT HINT ;))

Thanks Reiza.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a cheap copy of F1 2102?.....Excellent condition, low klms, no scratches, all original, only driven on weekends.

FVA is too planted and feels too basic compared to Netkar pro,

You do know that F1 cars are stuck to the road due to mega downforce? Actually I find the Formula Reiza the worst car in GSC in terms of realistic handling.

Try to run the car around the Nordschleife and you will notice that at certain points the car gets airborne which it shouldnt with high wings. The car should be glued to the road at speeds above 200km/h.

You do know that F1 cars are stuck to the road due to mega downforce? Actually I find the Formula Reiza the worst car in GSC in terms of realistic handling.

But at low speed there isn't great downforce and in this situation I think F.Reiza is realistic compared to others sims where cars are stucked in every situation.
While turning at high speed I don't think drivers can smoke a sigarette :sleep: , F. Reiza need attentions also in this situation

Ya but I bet you were further off the best times in real life than in iracing.

FVA is too planted and feels too basic compared to Netkar pro, I think Kunos made FVA easier because it was a Ferrari game maybe, it feels much less sophisticated than Netkar Pro.

Simply put, it feels more dumbed down.

2.30-4.15... The only time i could do almost a lap without having someone at my nose. Believe me i was braking and cornering as hard as i could, as you can see after the big straight. The couple of corners after the big straight was a real joy because i was driving the car without any lack of confidence. For one reason, it was a very easy car to drive since the first lap, it felt like a big Kart where you can control it as you want, no matter the oversteer moments.

4.40... See what happens when i tried to brake just a bit later than the lap before...

In Iracing i didn't feel this with any car, compared with the real experience it's almost like driving on ice. In FVA i feel something more similar to the experience i had, you can feel everything and you're almost allways in time to correct the car if your overdriving it a bit...

Maybe the F3000 had some aids i don't know. TC wasn't there, that was clear, abs too i think, maybe the car is really well balanced and easy to drive or maybe as we can feel the FFB in our butt everything gets easier, i don't know.

That looks great, but not to burst you bubble but I don't think you are near the limits anywhere, then of course it will feel easy.

You are well under the limits in that lap, that's why real life feels easier because we drive slower without noticing because we feel so much telling us we are braking so hard, cornering hard etc, so we feel like we are pushing but the car is not near the grip limits.

In games we push much harder and are always maxing out braking pressure of vehicle, speed on entry and mid corner etc etc

When a car is on the edge of grip it doesn't handle like a car under the edge of grip, when under the edge you steer and the car steers where you go, when on the edge you are constantly sliding front or rear tyres or both, not lots, but you are always in a slip tyre zone and are dancing with the car in the edge.

Try to run the car around the Nordschleife and you will notice that at certain points the car gets airborne which it shouldnt with high wings. The car should be glued to the road at speeds above 200km/h.

You do not know if the massive amount if downforce is enough to keep it glued at those points, you have no calculations on the jump of the road and how many thousands of pounds of downforce you need to keep the car glued at that specific point in real life, just because a car as lots and lots of downforce doesn't mean it has enough to keep it from getting air at that one specific point.

That looks great, but not to burst you bubble but I don't think you are near the limits anywhere, then of course it will feel easy.

You are well under the limits in that lap, that's why real life feels easier because we drive slower without noticing because we feel so much telling us we are braking so hard, cornering hard etc, so we feel like we are pushing but the car is not near the grip limits.

In games we push much harder and are always maxing out braking pressure of vehicle, speed on entry and mid corner etc etc

When a car is on the edge of grip it doesn't handle like a car under the edge of grip, when under the edge you steer and the car steers where you go, when on the edge you are constantly sliding front or rear tyres or both, not lots, but you are always in a slip tyre zone and are dancing with the car in the edge.

Mate, it's a 250bhp car, it's not a beast, the car really can't corner much faster is some corners, because i'm simply going flat. Under braking i was on the limits in some corners, enough to see the moment that i specified after the complete lap where the car goes of the track because i tried to brake few meters later compared to the lap before... What would have happened if i was braking on the limits, will be dead now after crashing against the wall in front? lol

Anyway, was not my intention to valorize my driving, just showing how easy real driving can be compared to some games. I was not beating track records for sure but i was giving everything i could, it's the only thing i can say. And If i give everything i can playing iracing for the first time i can't do one corner, because i'm locking up and spinning everywher,e even with the slowest cars. It seems the track is allways a little wet. Reallity is not that difficult i think. And other great simulators are not that difficult too. Which one is right? I think these ones.

F1 2012 is not a simulation, it's a casual fun racing video game with some realistic or semi realistic qualities (like granturismo, forza, project cars, some rally games, some mods for shift series, etc). If you are new to the simracing world I would suggest to you the "true" sims (I say "true" because the word sim gets used and abused wayyyyyy too much now that big companies are starting to use it to advertise their games).

Yeah i knew it wouldn't be a simulation however i bought it in the HOPE the handling was more 2010ish as i enjoyed the handling in that game much more than 2011. Peeps were talking about the 'difficult' handling, better AI and they were up to patch 7 so i thought i would try it....wish i hadn't!

I really like the handling of the GSC.Classics, Reizas and F3's. EDIT: and the V8's

Thank you for your info :)

Mate, it's a 250bhp car, it's not a beast, the car really can't corner much faster is some corners, because i'm simply going flat. Under braking i was on the limits in some corners, enough to see the moment that i specified after the complete lap where the car goes of the track because i tried to brake few meters later compared to the lap before... What would have happened if i was braking on the limits, will be dead now after crashing against the wall in front? lol

Anyway, was not my intention to valorize my driving, just showing how easy real driving can be compared to some games. I was not beating track records for sure but i was giving everything i could, it's the only thing i can say. And If i give everything i can playing iracing for the first time i can't do one corner, because i'm locking up and spinning everywher,e even with the slowest cars. It seems the track is allways a little wet. Reallity is not that difficult i think. And other great simulators are not that difficult too. Which one is right? I think these ones.

What if someone said you have to lap 3 or 5 seconds faster, I am sure then the car would be harder, as you would be really pushing and getting lockup, understeer, oversteer, etc etc

marco be careful he could take it as an offense. ; )

.....The guy spoke about the butt-o-meter that device improve realy the driving I think.
A famous german driver which name I have forgotten(but Lechner, Stuck, or an other now old driver) said that the cars must be felt with the butt. He even said its telling more than the steering wheel.

At the moment hardware guys are developing those butt-o-meters but they need time.
Hopefully soon they will be avaible. The other side they will be expensive like an g27 or even a t500(cause trimmed on a seat) So our hobby is ****ing expensive hell yeah.

What if someone said you have to lap 3 or 5 seconds faster, I am sure then the car would be harder, as you would be really pushing and getting lockup, understeer, oversteer, etc etc

Where i wasn't pushing the car to (my) limits was in the straight acceleration because i only noticed the revs lights almost at the end, so was not pushing the revs like i could... with the noise that thing was doing thought the engine was almost blowing but it wasn't lol Under braking and cornering i personally couldn't have pushed much more... You can see in one occasion the back trying to escape after the standing grid, in another the car going off the track. With the car like it was, no way i could take 5 seconds, 2/3 yes and i'm not even sure i would do it even trying a lot. Not saying other people couldn't, talking about me. But that happens in iRacing too, some can do a 21's when i can only do a 23's... That's normal. But well, that's not the topic subject, i will shut up now :)

Ian, your right, the but it's the biggest informer you can have... Take karting as an example, with a real kart you can do whatever you want with it without never loosing it completely, because the feedback is instantaneous, you're feeling something something will go wrong before your eyes can see it, in gaming that's not possible. At least right now.

And Bill... None :) You can do it, if it's not today, someday you will, it's not that expensive and it's a memorable experience. One of these days i'll drive an F1 in Catalunya or Monza, those things we have to do at least once in life.

Thats not on oval thats more a five corner thing track. I meant those american tracks like Indy or Bristol or something. But well at the moment Iam just playing with the Hell on earth.
Man those V8 cars are rocking

there is one flat oval, jacarepagua

As regard the setup is too basic.

maybe is planted because there is traction control http://www.ferrarivirtualacademy.com/game/en/makingof.jsp

There is no traction control, you might be thinking of the 458, im talking about the f1. Plus, I don't just mean in exit traction, I mean the entire general vehicle behavior, it feels much more simplified and dull compared to Netkar pro, feels like a sim that's been dumbed down to make it more easier for the general public.

There is no traction control, you might be thinking of the 458, im talking about the f1. Plus, I don't just mean in exit traction, I mean the entire general vehicle behavior, it feels much more simplified and dull compared to Netkar pro, feels like a sim that's been dumbed down to make it more easier for the general public.

Ah ok, I would have misunderstood, I'm not english mother tongue.

I have driven not so much KS2 of netkar so I can't say nothing, on the other side I feel F1 of FVA easier than the GSC's one

With this FVA seems impossible to lock wheels when braking. F458 locks only the front tires with a bias over 75. Not even with a bias at 61.5, the minimun, rear tires lock and the car appears without brakes.
Ok, f458 has ABS, but has F1 Ferrari ABS?
because also with F1 it seems impossible to lock wheels when braking, braking is only "brake pedal to metal and forget".
Completely different experiences with F.Reiza.
Who knows what car would be more real? :confused:

If you have the time look in the real world. How the F1 cars are braking in the real world(this FIA applications who allow you to look how much throttle are brake is used). And than you could analyze it with the F.Reiza. Like on Interlagos.

If you have the time look in the real world. How the F1 cars are braking in the real world(this FIA applications who allow you to look how much throttle are brake is used). And than you could analyze it with the F.Reiza. Like on Interlagos.

Real f1 cars lock even less than FVA, as you can see. Basically they smash the brakes in most corners... At high speeds they allways have a good margin until blocking the wheels. In FVA we can do that but we need to release part of the brake before than the real world or it will block.

Real f1 cars lock even less than FVA, as you can see. Basically they smash the brakes in most corners... At high speeds they allways have a good margin until blocking the wheels. In FVA we can do that but we need to release part of the brake before than the real world or it will block.

You are completely wrong, only at top speed can you hit the brake to max with no locking, then as soon as you start slowing down you must modulate the brake to be right on the limit of locking up and always trying to brake right under the limit of locking up, it is like this in any car.

The only car that doesn't lock brakes is a car with abs or the brakes are much too small and weak for the amount of grip the car has.

F1 can lock just as easily as any car, except at very start of braking from maximum speed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%