Which will be the winning engine manufacturer for 2014?

I know the best answer here is: Let's wait and see.

But as of now, with nearly no technical info about their respective engines, which of the 3 manufacturers does the public think has the best competency in making the best engine.

I'm curious to see how public perception will compare to the actual results.

I think Ferrari because no matter the era, they still respect Enzo Ferraris thoughts of engine being more important than chassis, even if that doesnt result in a faster car. Im sure one of the engineers will go ´´ah this might not be too reliable or light but will give more power and better sound so lets do it!´´

I think its Mercedes.

There are rumours that Renault has less PS than others and that ferrari has reliability problems.

---

The Mercedes AMG kills his tyres with that super engine.
-> Massa is going to be World-Champion :DDD

;)

Well rumors say that the Merc engine apparently has a huge advantage in terms of power output, but of course that's rumors and the first test will have to show. If there will be really big difference in power output between the engines then this is the year for smaller teams to stand out and we might set for a surprise like Brawn GP some years ago. Lets first wait and see what the first tests are going to bring us.

If I had to place a bet I would go for the Merc engine with Lewis as WCD for 2014. Ferrari usual struggle after big rule changes so I would go for Adrian Newey as a good 2nd choice with Seb. I do believe that the new rules will suite Lewis and Alonso better then Seb, but we are also looking at fuel efficient driving and that might be in favor of Seb with the RBR and his smooth driving style. Gosh I think we are in front of an very interesting season, cant wait till it all starts again.

I think the first tests will show a bit more about how the cards are shuffled.:D

Ferrari should come to first, because F1 is nothing if there is some non-workable engines who support drinking coffeine :D just joking, Vettel at Redbull has done great job, but it's long travel to overtake Schumacher. Ferrari has acceptable drivers on 2014, let's see what happens, I wish Kimi comes back on top. He is not so favourite in my thoughts. Why couldn't Mika Häkkinen do comeback?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%