Where have my sparks gone?

Am I right in thinking there are usually sparks flowing when the car bottoms out? I just realised haven't seen them for a couple of months or more, and I cannot work out why they have disappeared.
I have tried various settings of the spark flow in plr file, and tried changing graphics settings, but no luck.

Has anyone else seen this problem and worked out how to fix it?

They were "disabled" with the launch of GSC2012 if I remember rightly, since they look pretty bad with the stocks (which don't spark as such in real life when they bottom anyway). There was another reason too which I've since forgotten. They can't be enabled/disabled per car unfortunately so the decision was taken to make the behaviour correct for the core licensed content.

In any case, if you want to have sparks back it's just a simple case of renaming SPARK.TGA in GSC2012\GameData\Vehicles\ to anything else.

They were "disabled" with the launch of GSC2012 if I remember rightly, since they look pretty bad with the stocks (which don't spark as such in real life when they bottom anyway). There was another reason too which I've since forgotten. They can't be enabled/disabled per car unfortunately so the decision was taken to make the behaviour correct for the core licensed content.

In any case, if you want to have sparks back it's just a simple case of renaming SPARK.TGA in GSC2012\GameData\Vehicles\ to anything else.

Thanks Nick, I must admit I didn't actually miss them, but once I did finally notice, it just bugged me that maybe I had somehow caused them to disappear. With your useful info though, I might try resurrecting them as I mostly use the F_classics at the moment :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%