When Will the Next Mac Ver. Arrive? Or is the Other way to have Racer on a Mac?

First of all, I am a Mac user and a long term supporter of Racer. I used to use a PC but it was getting out and unusable and then I got myself a Mac. I downloaded the mac version of Racer and soon when I downloaded more cars and tracks, I discovered most new releases are no longer Mac friendly! I used Parallels to run the windows version on a virtual XP and you all get the idea how "playable" it is. Error messages kept on popping up, the graphic looks weird, terrible frame rate even when details were set to very low, and only the non-cg version works... Ruud, can you please make a new version for Mac?

It seems, for the time being, Mac is not supported. Maybe Ruud will try to compile Linux and Mac versions, when Racer 0.9 final comes out, but how knows...

I think your best bet right now is to install Windows on your Mac (it should be possible, has been done before).

Yeah, as Some1 said, there probably won't be another Mac version until Ruud gets to the 0.9 final. Till then.. well... doing what Some1 said doesn't sound like a bad idea.. I'm an ex Linux lover, now Windows 7 lover :)

I thought about using Bootcamp but some of my friends who had tried that said the experience wasn't so good, some drivers issues as well as slowing down the machine... So I guess it's far from a good idea to install Windows. Maybe I should wait for a stable version.

Use Crossover Games like I did. I tried using racer on xp under bootcamp, but the game crashed, then using crossover on the same mac (on osx) it worked fine. There are some threads about it onhere, you should search them to know the details.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%