Wheel connection lost and windows 8

Hello guys,

Last Saturday and a testrace before, my wheel lost connection while I was driving. I had to go out of the game to let my wheel re-connect.

I have posted my issue on the ISI forum, and it seemed it's a bug that occurs with Windows 8. Good thing is that the connection lost while driving can be temporarely "solved" by changing the "Realtime Controller Detection" in the controller .ini file to 0, so by disabling it.

By doing that it might be that when session changes, you will have no wheel control anymore, and need to re-plug it again. But that is better than it happening while driving. ISI is working on it to solve the problems.

here is my post on the ISI forum if you encounterd the same problem.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...connection-while-driving!?p=211812#post211812

Ian,

I know you use to copy your user profile as you make fresh installs when an update is released.
Did you make a new controller.ini file since build 240?
There where some changes with that build, that require a save from your profile.

Quote from Terence Groening,
OK, as far as I can tell only two things have really changed since build 228 (the one before 240):

1) We started using Fanatec's updated SDK. While this might affect Fanatec users, it should have no effect on Logitech users who also seem to be having trouble.

2) We started detecting if a controller was moved to a different spot in Windows list of controllers. Previously, if you had, say, a joystick that was sometimes plugged in and it came up first in the control panel, rF wouldn't realize that your steering wheel, for example, was now controller #2 instead of #1. This fix appears to work fine here, but it did require adding the controller name to the controller.ini file (Device Name 1, etc.) so we could re-map it. The process is pretty simple, but I wonder if something is going wrong anyway. My first suggestion is to make sure you've saved your controller profile with build 240 or above to make sure the controller names are saved to the INI file.

Perhaps also, if your controllers stop working, please save out your profile to a different name so we can compare them.

It was a complete fresh install, when build 300 got released, I was unable to go online or offline. At that moment they didn't knew yet what caused it, only thing that worked for me was a complete fresh install, deleting credentials and all folders I could find (in the end they were certain mods that coused that problem)
I have set everything from base up, also my controller. Didn;t use anything from previous installs.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 39.9%