What's up with those ads?

Please, PLEASE tell me you guys are kidding??

ADS randomly placed between threads and at the bottom of every 1st, 2nd and 3rd post of EVERY THREAD?

Is that really the way you want to go with RaceDepartment?
Beacause it is most definitely not what I would like to see... plus it really takes the point out of having people donating doesn't it?

I'm fine with some ad's, such as Banner Ads. But having adverts between EVERY comment in a private message is way too far. Advertisement is a great way of getting revenue and if it helps RD, then that's fine. But making private messages 2x longer with R2D2 between every comment is too far.

Ive no blockers on my Ubuntu & don't mind clicking a few advert's for RD when using it (did it again just the other night), but when running XP Ive got Ghostery blocking trackers & that eliminates 90+% of the ad's....
Im sorry, but I can't afford at the moment to replace another HDD due to some of the stuff that some site advert's have coming with them....
Ive never had a problem here at RD, but I find it's best to be safe at the moment with my tenuous financial position at the moment...

Watching ads generates zero euros unfortunately :) Only a simple click on an ad that you find interesting helps.

We use very basic google adsense at the moment that pays per click. Looks awful I know but unfortunately the only way to go at the moment.

@Eifion and Wayne: try to squeeze those buttocks a bit harder guys! :)

@Eifion and Wayne: try to squeeze those buttocks a bit harder guys! :)

Hay its my pc and if I don't want the adds then I wont have them it simple. If the site is that hard up then you should charge a members fee every over sim site seems to do these days.

And don't give me the rubbish about you cant do it because you can I know of 7 that do just by looking on google and the big one in there is Race2Play

If every racing member donated 1 euro a month would that cover the cost ...
That is what ill donate bronze every 3 months ..(the adds don't bother me, i clicked on 1 and then forgot was i was actually going to do:oops: ) .. It would be easier for me to make 1 payment for a yearly donation
some may call it stingy but if we all did a little there'd be no need for the super donators( gold silver and bronze) (respect) to pay for the rest...

Hay its my pc and if I don't want the adds then I wont have them it simple. If the site is that hard up then you should charge a members fee every over sim site seems to do these days.

And don't give me the rubbish about you cant do it because you can I know of 7 that do just by looking on google and the big one in there is Race2Play
the community is based on faun and fairness, the big factor about RD is it's Free and always will be, no need to be rude, do not compare other sites to RD and say look "you can do it" that is not a option.

they kindly ask for donators, don't have to but they do, without them the site wouldn't be here, ads are to help that revenue by a few dollars a month maybe even $40 if they get enough clicks.

I pay and donate on many sim sites but the ones I feel are not worth my money I dont.

It is not being rude at all I don't want that crap all over my screen flashing all the time when I am trying to read some thing.

I also do not make others pay so I don't have to. It is there chice to do it just like it is mine not to.

If you don't like that then tuff luck

Maybe there are loads of members on here that have more money then some. 2 years ago I would have been happy to help out but my life has changed a lot in that time The only thing I race on RD in the RDLMS that season is done now. And if I sign my team to the next I will pay my way as My team is now making money.

But if am not racing why the should I pay for others to do so. Why should any of us do that with our money.

If all I am using is a forum then get a free 1 if the sever is that much.

I also find it rude that out of all the members that have said about this you 3 find it ok to jump on me. Well I know why Bram did but you 2? nothing better to do me thinks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back