VW Scirocco @ Nurburgring Short/GP - Tue 13th November

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 (VW Scirocco - download or download)
Track: Nurburgring Short / GP

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (11 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (11 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins that come with the mod only.
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: Race 1 - Nurb Short + Group1 Standard car / Race 2 - Nurb GP + Group2 ETCC car

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Tim Ling
  4. Rupe Wilson
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Carlos Diaz
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Roland Warmenhoven
  9. Jacob Boonstra
  10. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior
  11. Eck Simpson
  12. Bob Hutchins
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Simon Bacon
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Awesome.Fantastic.Excellent. Brilliant. All these words apply to this mod :D:thumbsup:

A great night of racing, where the 2 races went by in a blur of maximum fun! I even managed a 6th place in R2 due to consistent racing (and Stuart running out of fuel on the last lap. UL mate). I'm now going to collapse from nervous exhaustion

Yes ...WD to all the single and double :) podiums. Fun as always. I was doing fine in Race 1 until I had a shaky couple corners coming into the back stretch..got mixed up trying to give room and also locate people at the same time. I remember at one point Rupe on my tail coming down the back straight and holding my own until I went into 6th gear instead of third. :( Bye bye Rupe. I especially noticed the care shown by drivers at the start corners..specifically Race 2 where I was in a pack and was never bullied.:D. I was relatively prepared for event 1 but I was a little shaky for race 2 and I never got confortable with the 5 speed untl it was too late.. Had three unforced spins struggling with the gearing at some corners. If not for that I could have been a contender. ;)

As always thanks Stu for the event. Cheers to all. Grats to Roland for the double takeout.
I guess it would not be fair not to mention the double firsts by Eck...excellent driving. :thumbsup:

Sweet racing, with a very good mod, these cars though FWD are a blast to drive! And their default setups are pretty decent as well! They may lack a bit of lift-off oversteer ;) but still good for some impressive laptimes.
As was Knuts setup of course, which allowed for a more spectacular driving style in the Gr.1 :thumbsup:

In P1 I could do a few close to perfect (for me at least) laptimes, and the fastest lap of all!:confused:
Could not repeat that in Q1, but despite two minor offs I still secured 5th on the grid.
A decent start and said Turn 1 incident got me into 2nd chasing Eck pretty soon. It did take me a few laps longer than Eck to get into a good rythm, so he steadily drove away from me while I built a little gap to everyone behind.
I improved my laptime every lap up to lap 9, but still.. Eck steadily drove away from me..:laugh: Started making small mistakes in the final laps, but as did Rupe in 3rd, so got me a nice 2nd place! :)

Up next were the group 2 cars; I picked the beautiful yellow Lancia Delta-styled Widebody car, with 4-speed transmission. That turned out to work quite well, as this time I managed 2nd place in Qualy 2, but the gap to Eck on pole was big enough to house an elephant family...:alien:
Race start again was OK, some others were quicker off the line, but Eck wasn't so managed to snatch the lead for about half a lap, as the Dunlop hairpin clearly was my Achilles' heel this race; I preferred to go in deep there and have a really late apex, but not as deep and wide as I went about 8 times this race.. :O_o:
I did get it spot-on right the other three laps though :roflmao::laugh:

Apart from that once again Eck's pace was in a class of his own, moving away from me rapidly until a halfway spin of his put me back in the lead for a short while.. had some good close racing fun when a good lap later I messed up the Dunlop again.. and Eck passed and started moving away again. No chance for me at all, but I was pretty pleased with another 2nd place.. :)

Thanks Stuart for setting up another great race night, Grats Eck for a double win, and Rupe and Bob for a podium finish, and thanks all for joining - after all it's the company that makes the fun!
And I had plenty.

CYA soon.

Having a great R1,after a small tap from Tim after t2 (no problem Tim) was on p6 ? after that back to p11 but after that we had a more than great race Tim me an Simon who was closing in because of our fighting lap after lap then we collected Dave so the four of us having a lot of fun,than all of a sudden Tim disappear on the strait (left the game ?) I had a few warnings for cutting (slyd off's) bud a problem in the last chicane gave me a S/G in lap9 so take the S/G in the last lap of the race going in the pits passing fin line an take the S/G lol.
R2 was not great after a good start with Knut on my tale going downhill to the chicane Knut on the left of me giving him room but was on the curbstones a slipped of ,so the rest of the race was prety lonely halfway starting to make mistakes so no way to get close on Jack in front of me !
All an all a good race event again good Mod !!
Thanks Stu an grats Eck fore the double an all the guys for racing !!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%