Vista/Windows 7

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Bobs Track Builder requires Windows XP - I do not support Vista or Windows 7.

Although some people are successfully running BTB under Vista/Win7 I do not officially support it since I have not tested BTB under either of those operating systems. This is starting to change now as I now have Win7 x64, but it's early days and I need more testing under this operating system before I can officially support it.

If you do wish to persist with Vista/Win7 then you do so at your own risk. Make sure everything is "Run as Admininstrator"; that includes the HID.exe that is used to generate your HardwareId.txt. Better still, right-click on the icon, go to Properties, select the Compatability tab and tick the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox (at least this is what I see under Win7).

Remove all USB drives and reboot before running the HID.exe.

Some Vista/Win7 users report that their HardwareId number changes after a reboot and that only rebooting again will get the BTB license working again.

"No support" means I do not assist those with problems under Vista/Win7. These threads are your only means of support. People that email me will be directed here.

If you wish to move your license to a machine running XP you will need to wait until your license has expired, then generate and upload a new one on your XP machine.

The good news is that with the next beta version I am attempting to make sure BTB works properly under Windows 7. Fingers crossed!

4 Monts now ! Not news!
Hi Lee Knight, (polite Email) ? how can I do?
I have write a message under Brandon Pywell new threat!? one mont ago, but no answer.
I dont know if he take it? Any suggestion?
Thank you! Cheers Franky.

A couple of years ago I had BTB running on Win 7 64 bit no problems, since then I've upgraded my PC and recently tried to get it running again.
Installed, set everything to run as administrator, got a new license no problem, but it doesn't work, I just get the lock message. Every time I generate the id it is the same, there are no usb drives plugged in... nothing I try makes a difference.
Could it be because I installed to an SSD? Anyone got any ideas what else I could try?
I don't want to request a new license without having something different to try.
Should I have run the installer as admin?

Thanks for the replies, yes, I did all of this recent installing etc after changing the hard drive and other bits.

ebrich I just tried what you suggested, I moved both licence and hardwareid.txt, made a new one with HID.exe, but the contents are identical to the old one. I'll try uploading it again, the old one was only for 1 month so not too long to wait to try again if this fails. Wish me luck!

Didn't work :( but I think I know why :)
I had installed the beta version 0.8.9.1, I just uninstalled and installed 0.8.0.3 and it runs! So at least I have 14 days to play around with this version, might only have a few days downtime :)

I am hopeful that v0.9.0.0 will be more co-operative under Windows 7 & 8. It works for me, but I only have limited hardware on which to test. Could anyone that has had troubles in the past, please try with the new version and share your experience.

Thanks!

I use Windows 7 Pro 64bits.
I could install Btb 0.9.0.0 without a problem. Also the licence was easily implemented.
But when i try to open the program, it is viewable in the taskmanager for a very short time and then it disappears again. Which factor could cause this?

I have updated the OS to framework 4.5.1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back