Vista/Windows 7

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Bobs Track Builder requires Windows XP - I do not support Vista or Windows 7.

Although some people are successfully running BTB under Vista/Win7 I do not officially support it since I have not tested BTB under either of those operating systems. This is starting to change now as I now have Win7 x64, but it's early days and I need more testing under this operating system before I can officially support it.

If you do wish to persist with Vista/Win7 then you do so at your own risk. Make sure everything is "Run as Admininstrator"; that includes the HID.exe that is used to generate your HardwareId.txt. Better still, right-click on the icon, go to Properties, select the Compatability tab and tick the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox (at least this is what I see under Win7).

Remove all USB drives and reboot before running the HID.exe.

Some Vista/Win7 users report that their HardwareId number changes after a reboot and that only rebooting again will get the BTB license working again.

"No support" means I do not assist those with problems under Vista/Win7. These threads are your only means of support. People that email me will be directed here.

If you wish to move your license to a machine running XP you will need to wait until your license has expired, then generate and upload a new one on your XP machine.

The good news is that with the next beta version I am attempting to make sure BTB works properly under Windows 7. Fingers crossed!

• rgtaylor25

HardwareID - runs ok but text file missing?

Hi - hope someone can help. I bought BTB Pro for my son but cannot download the licence because the hardwareID.txt file has not been created. My son's PC has the 32-bit W7 Home OS installed. In running the hid.exe program everything appears to work fine but I cannot find the resultant hardwareID.txt file. Has anyone else had the same problem and if you resolved it, how did you do it? Thanks for any help offered.

Vista and BTB

I'm getting my new computer tomorrow and it has Windows Vista on it. How would I go about getting BTB to work (after installation). Would I need to change compatibility mode or other such settings? Bearing in mind this will be the first time I've used an OS other than Windows XP.

I run Vista Home Premium 32bit on my laptop, have had BTB for nearly a year now and have never had any problems. I run it in Administrator mode and normal 'vista mode'. Infact, I think the program doesn't even work if you put it XP mode.

I've just installed and ran as admin, then the dialog box popped up saying that BTB has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution etc etc. Um, what? I installed in C:\BobsTrackBuilder (not in Program Files). I've only used Windows Update for .NET,and I've installed BTB, nothing else.

Are you running Directx 10? you need 9c for BTB (I think) and i think 10 is not compatible. As for anything else, I'm clueless. try installing in C:\ProgramFiles\BobsTrackBuilder and run as administrator. That's always worked for me.

Are you running Directx 10? you need 9c for BTB (I think) and i think 10 is not compatible. As for anything else, I'm clueless. try installing in C:\ProgramFiles\BobsTrackBuilder and run as administrator. That's always worked for me.

Hmm, I had dx11 when I ran the program, and there was some trouble. I wonder if it works better with 9.0c... I would really need another computer for BTB... :/

Im running BTB on Windows7 x64 without any issues.

When installing BTB make sure to install it to, C:/program Files (x86) as this is where windows x64 places 32bit (x86) programs/software.
You must run administrators rights for BTB's exe and set it to run in Compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3,
this is done by right clicking on the BTB exe file, which will open a dropdown list, click on "properties" on the bottom of the list, a window will open, locate and click on the "compatibility" tab, and you should be able to make the changes I mentioned here, dont forget to Apply the changes.

Dont know if it works for Vista x64.

Hope this helps someone out.

Cheers

Hello lads, i have to admit, this is a brilliant software for us who are not into 3d Modelling. Giving us a chance to create a track for out favorite racing games and we got to give Brendon some credit. Thanks a lot for that.

Now onto my question, my BTB works fine on Win 7. But i have a problem with BTBXPacker. The moment i want to load a 3d model (dae format), i get a Just In Time Debugging message. Once i click continue, nothing happens. The program still works, but it will just not load the model. Any ideas why this happens or how i could disable it (if it fixes the problem)? Thanks in advance lads.

I think it's wrong place (thread) - if you want to import collada (.dae) made with Sketchup, it has to be from Sketchup 6. Refer to tutorials please.
Collada from Sketchup 7 or 8 never worked for xpacks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back