V8 Supercar, how is it?

Hi.

I've used iRacing on 2 previous occasions. 1st when they did the pre release roll out for a few months. Then I went back again last year for a 3month stint and enjoyed most of my time there.

Due to lack of finances I've only got the stock content (although atleast the MX-5's and the street stock have been added), but my main reason for wanting another crack is to drive the V8 Supercar.

Basically I'm wanting someone to convince me that she'll be worth popping down the money for it:).

Any thoughts from owners of the V8 Supercar?

Cheers,

Phil.

@Don, I know its a problem,but most of the guys practise the hole week and go for a race in the weekends,(you really have to otherwise you are toast in this car),let me know when you will be on,and I will try of I can make it

Have to say the V8 is awesome round Watkins! Really don't get why this car is not popular, it's the mutts nuts if ya ask me. Just want to know how much race fuel is needed for the race? Is 21G enough?

Doing 1:13.8 consistently with 21G so will have a go at arace tonight

It will say once in the race in the top right hand corner of the screen official or unofficial race along with race details i.e. 5 mins warmup x laps race. Also I beleive that the official race number of participants needed for the V8 is 8 people or something not too disimilar.

I've really enjoyed the V8. I can't race it as my licence wont allow and I'm spending my time trying to achieve that. I'm seriously considering the Mustang if I can afford to get it and a couple of the tracks to run it on. I'll need to for my MPR and I can't stand driving the Skippy. Anyone who has both, would you recommend the Mustang as a good car to compete in the D class?

I love the stang and race it more than anything. Flavian also races it alot so i'm sure h will agree. I switch mainly between the stang, vette and V8. Generally the driving standards is pretty good on the stang races but it can be a SR killer at times but just aim for consistency and you will be fine. It's a hard car to master, the hardest IMO but very rewarding when you get it right. The longer races can be really intense as it's so hard to pass the other stangs, so if you are faster than the guy in front it can very frustrating as you end up getting the slower cars behind catching you quickly, but be patuent and wait for that chance and it's a great.

I was in a race th other night with Flavian, with us both in 1 and 2nd until this guy ran wide and decided to floor it on the dirt and he spun straight into me.

I pushed him to the mistake... I broke at the absolute latest point possible to take the turn very clean... He was on the insidebroke later than me, and after it was just a textbook pass for me.
Though seing that, and you behind starting to pass him, he tried to accelerate a lot earlier than he should have and spun into you.. Classic mistake when you get passed and get carried away... Sucked for you though...

I've really enjoyed the V8. I can't race it as my licence wont allow and I'm spending my time trying to achieve that. I'm seriously considering the Mustang if I can afford to get it and a couple of the tracks to run it on. I'll need to for my MPR and I can't stand driving the Skippy. Anyone who has both, would you recommend the Mustang as a good car to compete in the D class?

for sure stang is very nice, top three imo in iRacing funwise

i got my C licence yesterday so i got the V8 to tryout i've been using the iracing setups around Mid O. i cant do more than 10 laps without destroying the front right. i'm not great at setting up the car but is there something i can change to get another 10 out of the front right

Not at all familiar with the V8 since I haven't bought it yet, but some general guidelines I've used to save a tire:

Tire pressure and Camber - Try for 10-20F (6-12C) between inside and outside temps via camber adjustment. Adjust pressure so the center is as close as possible to the middle of these. Since you can't get this information live, I would run a setup for 3 laps and stop on the backstretch (after a strong right hander), return to pit and check, then again stopping at SF (after the left onto the frontstretch).

Softer springs in that corner will generally cause that tire to carry less load.

Less corner weight will do the same.

Less tension in the front sway bar (or a smaller one) will cause less transfer between the fronts, which could help.

Racing line: You may need to adjust your line on the left-handers, particularly into Turn 1 and then T12 into the carousel. If you are overdriving the entry into these, you'll kill the front-right. Braking a little earlier, floating turn in, then accellerating well before a late apex may reduce your tire wear without hurting (and maybe helping) times. (If the chicane is being used, overdriving the center of it can hurt as well)

Locking up the fronts will cause obvious problems.

Disclaimer: This information provided courtesy of a dedicated backmarker. I've done racing theory for years, but not so good at the actual execution of said theory. Your results may vary. Not responsible for damages, consequential or inconsequential, or for any legal fees resulting from use of this information.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%