The T500RS Thread

Zzyzx

Warren Williams
Hi folks,
Thought I would take another stab at this game tonight. Downloaded it over a year ago but didn't really get into it. Anyway as there is no thread dedicated to the T500RS I thought I would make one. :cool: Feel free to share your experiences of RRRE with this wheel in here.

Just been fiddling with the FFB and I see the original values in the game were badly suited for it. I couldn't originally feel anything!

So my main point in posting: does anyone know the purpose of each of the FFB settings? It's not exactly clear. They are as follows:

FFB Strength - I assume this is simply the overall strength
FFB Steering Force - ???
FFB Steering Grip Weight - ???
Steering Weight Force - ???
FFB Curb Effects - I assume how much you can feel the curbs
FFB Curb Pull - ???

Also they seem to be using a default rotation of around 560 degrees. Would that be correct? I measured this by using the 'Test Zone' in the control options screen and spinning my wheel around. I believe that's roughly equivalent to most GT cars (although I normally use 540). No matter what I change it to in the profiler it remains the same. I therefore set the degrees of rotation in game to 560. My wheel now matches the one on screen. :geek:

Your thoughts are appreciated,
:D

I have no custom settings but happy to share the settings I use for that game if you like ?

-------

I have a TX profile of course, I will drop that force feedback slice in here Monday for you.

I am working on the G27 currently and hope to be able to offer some kind of base point next week for you guys.

Feedback good and bad and opinions always appreciated, it may end up making the end result better if there is a trick to be learn't which I am unaware of....

I've been using your T500 profile settings on my TX. I just copied the settings you listed above into my custom TX profile and it seems to be working pretty well. I just wasn't sure if you made any other changes using the TX. The only changes I've made to that profile is Overall FFB set to 60% instead of 70%, and Curb FFB set to .8 instead of .6.

But of course, I would appreciate it if you have anything other changes or suggestions that you're using in your TX profile.

well thanks to mark and his brilliant t500 settings ive blown over £75 on cars/tracks and DTM experience/Season pass this week...not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing :whistling:

well thanks to mark and his brilliant t500 settings ive blown over £75 on cars/tracks and DTM experience/Season pass this week...not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing :whistling:

Same here! I had DTM and "thought" I was having a blast until I found this tread and Marks's settings (thanks Mark). My Thrustmaster TX now feels so much better, I can feel the at idle engine vibration from the GT2 Corvette (R3E), in addition to a more connected to the road - the cars have more weight. There was a review by someone at Inside Sim Racing that listed one of his gripes as a lack of FFB/road feel - but he must not have had his wheel dialed in.
I proceeded to buy all R3E tracks and a couple more cars, the Easter 50% off sale came at a perfect time. Hot lapping in R3E has become so much more fun - hill-climb tracks are a rush!

While I have only tried racing one DTM car/track since with my updated wheel settings, one "very minor" byproduct that I haven't yet tried to correct. In DTM I am getting some wheel oscillation on some Zandvoot straight-aways. Nothing that ruins the experience but it's not something that feels right. Can anyone suggest a setting to could remove or reduce this oscillation effect?

Last edited:
Hi Mark, did you get chance to sort a force feedback setup for the TX wheel at all, and any recommendation for the in game settings? Thank you in advance!! Phil :)

Phil, just in case Mark is busy, have you tried my setup? It based on Mark's T500 control setup, I just changed one or two settings. The TX is so similar to the T500 that it didn't really require much change at all. Mine also includes the TH8RS shifter as well if you're using that too.

Attachments

• Thrustmaster TX_TH8RS.rcs
    19.2 KB · Views: 459
Sorry I honestly forgot about this thread, been uber busy here.

I will make a proper post on monday and update you guys with some new stuff, and also share with you a little news from the development front re: controllers ;)

Incoming is the G27 profile, the TX bits people have asked for, and answers to any questions I can answer which I never answered before.

I have a full Fanatec setup here as well which will work on, specifically I have the following here atm, which I will visit in turn as I find time.

----------------------------------------------------
Fanatec Clubsport, with BMW and F1 Rim
Fanatec CSP V2 Pedals
Fanatec GT2 Wheel
Fanatec Clubsport Shifter Sequential

Thrustmaster T500
Thrustmaster TX
Thrustmaster F1 Rim, Gt Rim, 458GT Rim, 458 Road car rim
Thrustmaster TH8RS

Logitech G27
Maybe an old G25 (cant remember right now)
------------------------------------------------------

Its nearly 3am here now, been another long day which is why I am not really in the mood to pull out a long post here atm.

Update soon, hope you understand.

Sorry I honestly forgot about this thread, been uber busy here.

I will make a proper post on monday and update you guys with some new stuff, and also share with you a little news from the development front re: controllers ;)

Incoming is the G27 profile, the TX bits people have asked for, and answers to any questions I can answer which I never answered before.

I have a full Fanatec setup here as well which will work on, specifically I have the following here atm, which I will visit in turn as I find time.

----------------------------------------------------
Fanatec Clubsport, with BMW and F1 Rim
Fanatec CSP V2 Pedals
Fanatec GT2 Wheel
Fanatec Clubsport Shifter Sequential

Thrustmaster T500
Thrustmaster TX
Thrustmaster F1 Rim, Gt Rim, 458GT Rim, 458 Road car rim
Thrustmaster TH8RS

Logitech G27
Maybe an old G25 (cant remember right now)
------------------------------------------------------

Its nearly 3am here now, been another long day which is why I am not really in the mood to pull out a long post here atm.

Update soon, hope you understand.
Hi Mark, I look forward to trying your settings for use with the Fanatec gear. It has been a bit of a struggle to get decent feel with R3E but, having a better description of the in-game adjustments should help as well. It's good to have you here to help. :thumbsup:

I will send you a file tomorrow for your T500, and fwiw I use 540/26 when working on the physics, my current development wheel is a TM TX very similar to the T500, and in fact my current profile came from my original T500 profile so I should be able to back track it for you. Send you the file etc in the morning.
Mark just wanted to say thanks for your control set. I had played R3E ages ago but due to the control problems I was having (understeer and brakes dropping out etc) I just couldn't enjoy it at all. Just bought DTM and with your setup tweaked slightly to suit my style finally I managed to get a lap in where i felt I was controlling the car rather than it trying to kill me by driving me into the armco. I was smiling at the experience rather than banging my fist off the table.

Please don't take this the wrong way as its not meant as an insult but why oh why isn't it like this from the start. Having a control set from the off on my T500rs that felt seriously 'broken' really turned me off playing and paying & made me look elsewhere. Its that important.

Last edited:
So I was playing around with FFB settings this morning because after playing GRID Autosport, R3E felt very strange to me so I came up with some new settings for my Thrustmaster TX, but I'm sure they will apply to T500 users also. Anyone else with a different wheel want to give them a try too?

FFB Effects Full
FFB Strength: 70-75%
FFB Steering Force 0.6
FFB Steering Grip Weight .35
Steering Weight Force .75
FFB Curb Effects 0.25
FFB Curb Pull 0

UPDATE: These settings work well on the TX, but not on the T500RS.

Last edited:
So I was playing around with FFB settings this morning because after playing GRID Autosport, R3E felt very strange to me so I came up with some new settings for my Thrustmaster TX, but I'm sure they will apply to T500 users also. Anyone else with a different wheel want to give them a try too?

FFB Effects Full
FFB Strength: 65-70%
FFB Steering Force 0.6
FFB Steering Grip Weight .35
Steering Weight Force .75
FFB Curb Effects 0.25
FFB Curb Pull 0
I'll give them a shot on my T500rs now and shout back here. Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%