The Big Meet and Race Thread

Posting to ask what has happened to this thread? Its still there, but is now locked so we can't post to say were racing. Shame because a lot of us would get together on the servers and on Teamspeak when that thread was active. I know its led to me getting to know some people from RD a lot better and even though we would often be racing on Non-RD servers the result has been that we meet in TS and race together on BOTH RD and non-RD servers far more often. I know RD want us on their servers and maybe thats why the Old thread has been locked, thats fine if RD was ONLY a server, but RD is a community and WHEREVER were racing its that sense of community belonging and getting together that keeps our loyalties with RD..

RACEdepartment - thats what were here for - the clue is in the name RACE - I love the RD servers but I use RACE07 because I want to RACE - unfortunately for many of us we often want to RACE outside of the scheduled RD event times and since we cant vote RD Servers through to RACE outside of scheduled times that means many of us RACE Elsewhere - RACEing elsewhere does not however mean in anyway that we are going to leave and go elsewhere, just that we want to RACE rather than join RACEdepartment servers and do endless Practice Laps until an event starts.

Maybe I've not worded this so well, but I am sure that those for whom RD is, and always will be number 1, will know what I mean...

For as far as I have seen, no. They can "lift" on the present ID's, but I do not believe it stores the ID's, and uses them on other servers again.

But then again, hackers get more clever each time, and those Skidrow guys are definately not stupid. They are thieves, but not stupid.

Server Name : Aware Simracing Team
Car Class : WTCC2007 AND Formula Masters
Track : Road America
This one will not be passworded unless we have problems with wreckers in which case it will be restarted with the RD Club Password.

working again...

Ok Its Beta test time .... Kennet has produced this fantastic track for us all at RD .....
Server Name...Cicada open Beta RD Rupe
Track .....Cicada
Cars.....mini, wtcc2007, caterhams ,radicals ,Masters, muscle cup, GT, extreme
password... beta.....
PLEASE COME AND TRY, and then leave feedback if you like here http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/beta-test.49786/ you can also download the track for there..

it will be open for testing every night form about 5 till 11 gmt+1:D

Blatantly bumping and old thread and asking if anyone out there want to Meet and Race this Monday and Tuesday for the Racing Club Events - Monday is MMG 2007 F1 mod at Singapore and Tuesday GT Club Class at Brands Hatch - be great to see some of the old faces there - Also note the Mini Event on Saturday might be of interest,

I run a server most nights called G1 Racing (was M1 for a while). It's not passworded, I've seen a few names here on once or twice. Normally touring at the moment on a few specific tracks as i don't know all the tracks properly. If you see it up, by all means join and say hello :)

Can only run 10 slots at the moment as a friend has the worst net connection known to man and it's can't handle the load above 10 players sadly.

This thread is something i was thinking would be a good idea. Nice one Dave for bringing it back out from beyond!

Im a bit of a night owl, so if anyone ever fancies a race at about 11/12 GMT, i should always be available!

lol. Well my name on steam isn't actually James Woods, you'll have more luck finding me with "Mer (v-a)" in the search field. Steam is always a bit difficult to add people for me too, they should just give out unique numbers that you can give people and they just put those in.

Bumping again in the hope it'll get used - however I'm wondering if an idea might be for anyone hosting to start using a standard server name so rather than having to check here people can just check in game for a server name - you can NOT use Racedepartment in the name but could use say "RDers" - if we all agreed something as a standard name that any members hosting used and if passworded a standard password then its just a case of looking for one name whilst in the game lobby. Have a standardized server name across all sims and maybe that could encourage members to get together more - I know we have RD servers - but the reality is that they are limited by not being able to hold races at anytime as well as car/track combos are limited to club events for that day or week.

As I said in the GTL thread - this would be viable if the servers being set up were only using default content - meaning that everyone had it installed and could join straight away.

If someone set up a server with non default content, they'd need to post up what it was somewhere (ie in this thread) so people could install and join, but if they're doing that, they might as well just say what the server is called as well.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%