Test race - Paul Ricard HTTT PR

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been the proposal to penalty transfer slow pro drivers. To me it smells like supporting such characters - winning by any coasts, instead of supporting guys who just deal with it fair n mature. What if a faster-class-car is not slow because of a lack of driver skill but lets say aero damage? There you've got the effect slow in each turn and fast on every straight. My suggestion here, take it like a man and yes, chances are good not winning the race.

I don't think it supports win at all cost types at all. We aren't talking about just the slowest Pro driver, we are talking about someone who is content to race with sport driver in a pro car, I mean come on Ralf if you were leading the Sport class and then had to race a slow pro driver how would you feel? and if you lost the race because of it? We are talking about EXTREME cases, this will not happen very often. Also we aren't talking about damaged cars, obviously thats completely different.

I see alot of stuff people write about how faster drivers should respect slower ones, does anyone ever think this works both ways?

Mr Win at all cost would not have this problem, because Mr slow Pro driver gets knocked of the track. Its Mr I'm quite a fast driver but very fair who looses out because of Mr Slow Pro driver...see my point?

I think that Rami thought i see him but after Marcin go trough i couldn´t look again behind because the corner comes.

I was too horry to get Marcin so I did mistake, Sorry for that! :)

Quali: 2 Marcin was too fast as always :D

Race: I was 2! After laps 5-7 I see Marcin was pulling away and I was slightly faster than Mike and Panu!! by the way the 160 liters would be just enough to finish the race..I took 20litres on my pitstop..Damn :)

Grats to STC Good job it was nice event :good:

I had an great evening:party2:
Got me some great position fights with Tim H, Mikael H and Mikael L,
I could gain some secunds at the pitstop, that and some luck made my day.
Grats to all podium finnishers in both classes, awsome job done:cheer2:
And a big thanks to the race admins

Good race for me.
On quali not perfect lap but P1 :)
I had good pace on race so i was pulling away slightly from Rami.
No mistakes during the race and I took the lead to finish :)

For me no problems yesterday with lapping. Maybe sometimes lapped driver was little surprised with my moves but when i see a chance to pass i take it :). When i had no chance to pass i waited like in Ivo Simons link.
Almost all lapped drivers was properly driven (for me ;)).

Thanks for this test race STC admins.

..I mean come on Ralf if you were leading the Sport class and then had to race a slow pro driver how would you feel?

that's exactly what happened to me last 15-20mins of the race on P2

"..Mr Win at all cost would not have this problem, because Mr slow Pro driver gets knocked of the track. Its Mr I'm quite a fast driver but very fair who looses out because of Mr Slow Pro driver...see my point?.."

yes i see your point, that's why i've posted, my most enjoyable races have been with Mr.I'm quite a fast driver AND very fair rather loose than...see my point?
it is just a call upon passionable attitude rather than professional and hey it works, did my 2 races 2nd both, last one with a Sunred -the only btw

Yea I see your point Ralf.

Theres no easy solution to this I guess, perhaps its better to see how things work for a couple of races, and if there is problems we go from there.

With regard to the fast/slow driver thing... I would have to say that for me the only issue with who is in what car is the blue flags in the game.

If you are leading GT Sport but are having to race a GT Pro for position - good! You are obviously doing an amazing job and should fight anyone for position. If the game didn't then flag the GT Sport because it thinks it shouldn't be there I would have no problems what-so-ever :D.

The other issue is drivers who just do not have any patience. (I am going to try not to rant here :D). There is a different mentally required for endurance races than there is for sprints and I feel that it is this which causes a lot of the on track issues when lapping or when the race is one lap old.

If you are going to lose 3 seconds because you caught up to a lower category car in the wrong part of the circuit, tuff! If we were driving on the public highway and a milk float was in our way would we run it off the road, dive up the inside/outside on a blind bend or would we just wait until it was safe to pass it?

I fail to see how it is any different when on track? Safetfy for yourself and your competitors comes first, regardless of the fact we are in a virtual world.

It has to be the responsibility of each team member and each team spokesman to ensure that drivers respect the other competitors or else, we should go drive somwhere else on a public server were it is everyone for themselves.

Sorry for the rant - but it always winds me up when it is expected that a slower car or catergory is expected to vanish when approached by a lead lap car or faster class of car. That being said, yes, the slower car has a responsible to use their mirrors as well. What shouldn't happen is that the slower driver is so afraid to incur the wrath of the faster guy that they panic and make the whole lapping process even harder.

I suggest that some of us go watch some of the footage of the 6-12 hour races (online or real life) and see how the drivers approach those events.

Another 2 pennies from me:D.

Good race, but some lag at the beginning with little agressivity... I lost 7 places with the lag where I was carefull and a little crash (lag???).
But after 3-4 laps, the race was fun.
Thanks for orga and racers and grats to the podium.

Well i was all for Mixed classes.
But reading the comments i don't think it is a good idea anymore.
When the races become more serious the frustrations about lapping or fights between Pro and Sport cars will only grow. Not worth it i think.

oh i am for a mixed / colorfull class format and sorry if anything sounds frustated, it's not my native language. i had a lot of pleasure these two races and no incident at all, just saw others in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%