Test race - Paul Ricard HTTT PR

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note about the formation lap:

One driver didn't read the rules, didn't read the briefing, so when lights turned green he started full throtlle and collided with the car in front.

One person said "safety car go faster" or something like that during the formation lap.

In all channels David made the briefing was said that the SC lap would be slower than usual this time, to have a compact group, and to test a slower speed for the starts.

Can't imagine a driver shouting to the SC to be faster in real life, but still the problem is this person wasn't on TS when it's mandatory, so had no clue about was going on.

This is what test races are for, we have to be sure we don't make same mistakes on official races.

Sorry. I read the briefings, just in the moment the lights went on forgot them. Sadly comes from sitting not paying attention and then seeing the lights out of the corner of my eyes. Doesn't help when I have dodgy usb ports too which disconnect my controls putting me out 1 second later anyway.

Correction, I read the rules posted on the site not the briefing as it was posted about 2 hours before the race when I wasn't looking at the forums. Not that it made any difference it was all pretty much the same. just didn't know there was a TS briefing.

Well as a test it seemed to go fine, could not say i saw any bad lag apart from one spike during the parade lap then nothing else, as for the race well it did not go to well, got my backside reamed as i sat on the grid then got spun by Damian on the first flying lap (thnx for waiting) after that i had fun catching Nigel again and we had a good race until i got a stop n go waiting for a pro car that was just a bit too careful trying to pass which saw me collect 3 blues then a stop n go, kind of lost interest after that. Noticed the same problem at the last race in that the faster pro drivers could pass the sports no problem but the slower pro drivers just take too long to pass you.

As a suggestion guys if you want to run 2 classes of cars then you would be better going for club and sport as the performance gap between these 2 is not so wide so you would see a lot less lapping going on and thus a lot less problems.

Neil, so sorry about that bump, I just seen your car pop up out of no where as at the start of the race I was getting some serious lag from the other cars, they would jump meters at a time and come back right in-front of me, caught me out a couple of times early in the race, it cleared up as the race went on though, dunno if it was just me but don't normally happen, guess it's server / game netcode related.

I was not going to race but had to jump in sport car and just turned up in practice session for my first laps in Vette GTS round here. Did about one clean lap in practice, and then decided to not put a qualifying lap in and start from last. In warmup did a few tweaks to the car and it felt good for the race and set pb of 51.0 at one stage but was mainly just having bit of fun out there when the lag from other cars died down. Was good, no problems apart from the start lag and formation lap being to slow, but that's what test races are for grind out any issue's.

Can't imagine a driver shouting to the SC to be faster in real life, but still the problem is this person wasn't on TS when it's mandatory, so had no clue about was going on.

This is what test races are for, we have to be sure we don't make same mistakes on official races.

That was me I can say sorry though, but it's a test race and for that kind of track the pace car was way to slow, guys where hitting each other as it caused a traffic jam in the first half of the formation lap, it was better for the second half of the pace lap though.

None of us where in TS because I somehow missed the post here about making your own channel and we wasn't up for being in one big channel with others while racing.

Also I had a problem with a car I was racing, I kept getting Blue flag when I was fighting him for position, so had to keep yielding, I do think this could be patch related.

As a suggestion guys if you want to run 2 classes of cars then you would be better going for club and sport as the performance gap between these 2 is not so wide so you would see a lot less lapping going on and thus a lot less problems.

You would get the same thing with club & sport, would be better with Pro & Club with your suggestion. But Club don't have enough pick for cars really compared to sport, would be a BMW cup.

Also I had a problem with a car I was racing, I kept getting Blue flag when I was fighting him for position, so had to keep yielding, I do think this could be patch related.

You would get the same thing with club & sport, would be better with Pro & Club with your suggestion. But Club don't have enough pick for cars really compared to sport, would be a BMW cup.

Nah just ban the BMWs

Not a bad idea m8,

For mixed classes I feel that the gap from the fastest Pro car drivers to the slowest sport car is too great for it too work well. I might be wrong, with a bit of practice, when everyone gets used to it I'm sure it would be fine.

The race itself was interesting for a while, reallly amazing to look back and see 40 or so cars on the grid, although I didn't do it for long as my fps dropped through the floor.

I saw quite a bit of lag for the first few laps, the big lag spike in the formation lap everyone confirmed on our ts, so it was game related I suppose, I'm guessing the server has a fat pipe so shouldn't be that lol.

I was quite happy to quali 3rd, had a quick go last night and the Aston feels like its on Ice, I was getting pretty pissed off with it so my setup today was all over the place, I wasn't going to race either but I saw some spare spots and thought I make up the FO driver total to 8 ;) Also good to test it out so I can have an opinion which I like :)

My race ended on lap 11 I think lol, came around the last corner to find the track strewn with wreked Sport cars I litterally had nowhere to go and joined them in the pileup, ahh well didn't fancy 90mins anyway.

Also in the formation lap, I couldnt stop laughing when you got told off Damian by Xose was it lol that was funny I nearly crashed into Rami.

Anyway good to get back on track with everyone.

Can't wait till next time now :)

I´m a litlebit disappointed from the race because of some maneuver which i was involved.
First point was a GTpro qualified behind me and Peter Kull in Sport. After huge lack i lost the lead of GTsport and then i get some problems with the GTpro. Once he crash in me which damage my car and on straight he overtook us and in corners he was much slower then me and after he blocking Peter Kull i crash into him. I coldn´t smell that, sorry.

A other thing is the lapping from the GTpro. I have no eyes in the back. The briefing said i keep my line and the GTpro must look how thy can lap someone. but after Marcin lap me Rami comes much fast into the corner like nobody were there ! I think that Rami thought i see him but after Marcin go trough i couldn´t look again behind because the corner comes.

That two things i think must be solved, i think the GTpro couldn´t think that the GT sport see him and wait maybe two corners till he overtake. And i don´t know but if a Gtpro is alower then the first GTsport, he must go very carefully or we say he is not qualified !?

Oke tough event.

Got hit from behind when the lights went off. In formation lap i got another 2 hits, so is started great. :wink2:
In lap 8 somebody spun in front of me, and i couldn't avoid so i lost my front splitter. After that alot of understeer and i was because of that 2 seconds off pace. I had no problems with the GT Pro cars lapping me, only sometimes a little more patient would be fine, because i can't disappear in front of you and i am racing also for a position. But everything else was fine. Finhished 18th and 6th in my class. :)

Would love a BMW cup, I think its got to be my fav car, sideways is the way forward if you catch my drift ;) lol

It is a problem though, GT Pro drivers driving same speed or slower then the faster GT Sport cars and I think a rule should be implemented.

Drivers in GT Pro who drive slower or same speed as GT Sport cars for one race will not be allowed to race pro again and will have to do sport, for example.

Would make it much cleaner for the GT Sport cars up front as racing GT Pro car is quite annoying and if a GT Pro driver is driving that slow he simply should be driving in GT Sport IMO.

It is a problem though, GT Pro drivers driving same speed or slower then the faster GT Sport cars and I think a rule should be implemented.

Drivers in GT Pro who drive slower or same speed as GT Sport cars for one race will not be allowed to race pro again and will have to do sport, for example.

Would make it much cleaner for the GT Sport cars up front as racing GT Pro car is quite annoying and if a GT Pro driver is driving that slow he simply should be driving in GT Sport IMO.

I agree, good idea.

• Peter Kull

I´m a liitlebit disappointed from the race because of some maneuver which i was involved.
First point was a GTpro qualified behind me and Peter Kull in Sport. After huge lack i lost the lead of GTsport and then i get some problems with the GTpro. Once he crash in me which damage my car and on straight he overtook us and in corners he was much slower then me and after he blocking Peter Kull i crash into him. I coldn´t smell that, sorry.
I´m so glad that you saw that it was not me. I was really locking forward to have a good fight with you.
30 laps later or so when I´m on second place I pass the same driver again, at the same spot. 3 or 4 turns later he brake late for an early apex and hit me. Why fight a Sport car?

I was sceptic before the race and I cant say that this help me in my desision :-(
I have to calm down a couple of days first :)

I have encountered a big lag on the straight line during the 1st "race" lap (car warp) and all my team mates on TS got the same. I got a bug at the end, my car don't finished the race !! :)

About the mixed class: when i lapped some gt sport, I had the feeling that gt sports sacrificed a little their race to the detriment of the GT pro. I think it is very hard for the GT sport to be lapped during the entire race.

About the race: it was very clean and fair, and i have to say that it was awesome during the 1st 45 minutes with M Larsson (you are my friend guy :thumb: ). But during my stop i encountered a problem, M Larsson was stoped exactly at the same placement where i have to stop too. At the moment i haven't understand that i can pass though his car and i have stupidly waited the moment where Larsson give me the place (~80s). This mistake ruined my race (fortunately it was a test).

So, sorry Rami, when you passed me, i jumped 2 gears at the same time, that's the reason i was going to the sand in the way you can avoid me.

Congrats to Marcin, thanks STC staffs.

An interesting event. I definitely had the parade lap lag and also in the first few laps of the race.

The parade lap was too slow for this track (good thing we found out in a test race) as the cars kept braking and bunching on track. It was so annoying that I even started thinking I would rather take my chances with a standing start :messed:.

Same issue this race as last for me. Some of the GT Pro just need to calm down when lapping us GT Sport. I got nurfed mid corner (fast corner) as the GT Pro came up the inside the take the place rather than wait. I am thinking that there are going to be some incident reports (Sport on Pro) if we go ahead with mixed class racing.

I would also have to agree with the point about slower GT Pro drivers. Not because they are slower, but because Evo doesn't seem to handle it well: it still blue flags the Sport driver who is passing a slower Pro :(.

Nice track though :D. Thanks for arranging the event.

That was me I can say sorry though, but it's a test race and for that kind of track the pace car was way to slow, guys where hitting each other as it caused a traffic jam in the first half of the formation lap, it was better for the second half of the pace lap though.

None of us where in TS because I somehow missed the post here about making your own channel and we wasn't up for being in one big channel with others while racing.

1.- You know Team Speak is mandatory Damian, but ok if you missed the "create your own channel" post, but last week it was exactly the same...

Anyway, we made an special brieffing, channel by channel, a written one at forum aswell, only to talk about the slow pace of the formation lap, so if there was a traffic jam, it was not our fault...

OK in next race (...official one...) no one out of Team Speak, but exceptions, will be allowed to race. If someones miss Team Speak in Qualy, as late, he will be out of the race. We expect rules to be known specially from experienced drivers/teams, as GMT-DHR or you Damian.

2.- Also, NO CHAT IS ALLOWED IN THE SERVER, any kind of chat, withs speciall emphasy on bad words. So we will use the kick button aswell in official events.

THX, SORRY, SAFETY CAR GO FASTER, IDIOT:confused2:..... respect please. :doh2:

ONLY RACE CONTROL CAN WRITE IN GAME CHAT.

Please respect that simple rules and everything will work fine next time mates.

To end, thanks a lot for coming and help us with the test, we really appreciate your effort.

Now, give us some feedback at forum. :th_wink:

• Antoine Morin

Ok , it was a good test again i think. about the class difference, i think not evererybody read the rules i saw some cars just letting me pass and don't keep their lanes... it's a little disturbing thing please stay on your line guys, even if you can let pass, Stay on YOUR line ^^

Well... for me it was a good race just forget to tell my pitcrew to have some bonus Fuel for the last lap ....

about the tchat ...sorry for the "omg" in the lastest laps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back