Stefano Dominicali resigns as Ferrari Team Principle

I do believe that working with Alonso is a nightmare. His ego is just too big, what is really bad for a team that needs improvements and feedback.

You believe, but you have no evidence whatsoever to back up that above point. And I could write a thesis about how talented a driver Alonso is, so to say he's the main problem at Ferrari is nothing short of absurd.

9MzEt6d.gif

"Your time is up Stefano!"

I don't agree that Alonso is the main problem but he is a part of the team so at least he is a part of the problem so far. I don't have a insight line how he is involved in developing the car but you can't ignore the fact that Alonso was hauled in to be the big champion but somehow he failed to live up to that promise. I personally think there is to much politics going on at Ferrari and that is, in my opinion, the main problem. Di Montezemolo has to much influence in the team. Either way a mid season sacking (I find the title of this thread a bit misleading, he did not resign he got sacked) of the team principal isn't helping so Ferrari might consider also 2014 as a lost year and have to look ahead to 2015. Oh yes and Emerson Alonso isn't in it for making friends he is in it to score points. Shumacher wasn't exactly the most warm and friendly person on the paddock but he delivered and that's what counts, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing else matters.

I haven't read each post, I think Alonso is the major problem but the main sponsor force to take him until the end of the season. Domenicali seems to me to be a great Alonso supporter and they made many bad strategies from 2010. Another driver and a constructor politics instead of an Alonso-Santader one should gave to him and the team 2 drivers championships and maybe the 2010 constructors' too. Look at 2003 for example.

Im not sure why Alonso is considered the big problem among several of you. He's really no different than when Michael was there, you don't think that the entire team was behind anything and everything Michael did? Also, if Alonso doesn't get taken out at Spa in 2012 he probably wins the championship with a pretty weak car. Alonso is amazingly fast in the car. Maybe not a great development driver, but he is no doubt able to pull that last 5% that most can't. Sure he has an ego and is demanding to be no. 1, but all drivers strive for this. No driver is really in it only for the team, they are there to make a name for themselves.

I do agree that Ferrari is too political right now, and maybe the absence of this is part of the reason redbull was able to focus and what was important and leave out all the other nonsense. Either way, A few months ago i gave Alonso another full year at Ferrari before he would seriously consider leaving, but with their form right now I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking around if they're still off the pace midseason. A return to Mclaren with Honda may be a cool deal if Mclaren decides to get rid of Button at the years end.

As for Kimi, I think he's at Ferrari as long as they want him. He's reaching the end of his career and won't get a better drive than where he's at.

Either way I hope Ferrari can start contending soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 141 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%