F1 2012 Steering Wheel Setup Problem

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi guys,

I've got an problem with the setup of my wheel. I dont know what is wrong with it, because it happened in F1 2011 as well.

Here's what happens:

- Boot the game, and setup my wheel. And play for as long as i want.
- Then when i take a break and come back, and boot up the game again.
- And the setup screen for my wheel will say "Custom", which is fine, because it has saved my setup... but..
- When i get out on track, the steering is incredibly heavy, and extremely hard to turn into corners. Even though it has used the same setup as when i last played.

So, to fix this, what i have to do is, go into the setup screen, and set the "Custom" to my wheel ("Thrustmaster GT Ferrari Experience"), and then set the wheel up all over again, with button mapping and dead zones / Saturations etc etc.

And then once i've done that, it's back to normal.

But i dont know why it does this. Has anyone experienced this before?

P.S. If there's no apparent fix, then im happy to keep doing it everytime i open the game, lol coz i did it all through 2011. It's just an inconvenience.

Cheers guys! Any help.advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have that wheel too. Got that problem in 2011 but not now in demo. Could you try to set your wheel to be more sensitive then you would like, then quit and reboot the game. So if problem stays wheel setup will be just like you wish:) Sorry for not having any smarter way to help you.

I have that wheel too. Got that problem in 2011 but not now in demo. Could you try to set your wheel to be more sensitive then you would like, then quit and reboot the game. So if problem stays wheel setup will be just like you wish:) Sorry for not having any smarter way to help you.

Nah i've tried, that and it hasnt worked unfortunately. I've converted the wheel's xml file in the root folder to text, but i dont know what effect it will have if i edit some of the values.

I have the GTFE as well. I have part of the issue you describe. I have to remap the controls of the wheel every time I boot the game up since they keep going back to default. I do not have to remap the other parameters though.
Try uninstalling the GTFE drivers first and then the game. Then - Reinstall the game first and then the drivers. See if that works.

This bug was in 2011 as well. What you have to do is set your whell up and play. The next time you start the game press enter on your keyboard to advance through the screens till you see the screen with the car and "Press Start". Dont press enter,you have to find a button on your wheel that coresponds to the start button on a controller. On my G25 its button 3. I just pressed all my buttons til I found it.Then your previous settings wil be loaded. Its weird I know.

This bug was in 2011 as well. What you have to do is set your whell up and play. The next time you start the game press enter on your keyboard to advance through the screens till you see the screen with the car and "Press Start". Dont press enter,you have to find a button on your wheel that coresponds to the start button on a controller. On my G25 its button 3. I just pressed all my buttons til I found it.Then your previous settings wil be loaded. Its weird I know.
Thanks! I'll give it a try

I have the GTFE as well. I have part of the issue you describe. I have to remap the controls of the wheel every time I boot the game up since they keep going back to default. I do not have to remap the other parameters though.
Try uninstalling the GTFE drivers first and then the game. Then - Reinstall the game first and then the drivers. See if that works.
I've tried that. Didn't work. But thanks for the suggestion

Kk I just tried it, and it didn't work. But thanks anyway.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 207 14.2%