Steam

Hi my steam.exe has been hit with zmtu ransomware. Is there another way to replace my steam.exe file without re install steam yet again? also can we just install steam over the top like we used be able to do with older window OS's?

Regards

Seb Solo

Last edited:
Hi my steam.exe has been hit with zmtu ransomware. Is there another way to replace my steam.exe file without re install steam yet again? also can we just install steam over the top like we used be able to do with older window OS's?

Regards

Seb Solo
1. Use good VPN.
2. Never had to re-install Steam apart from recently got new primary SSD and re-partitioned all my other SSD for fresh Steam, Steam partitions and all fresh sims ( 2TB download)
3. Don't put Steam on C:\ , like ever.
4. Name Steam libraries D:\STEAM E:\STEAM F:\STEAM ( you can select custom locations and name in dropdown menu)
4. New OS run D:\STEAM\Steam.exe

Last edited:
1. Use good VPN.
2. Never had to re-install Steam apart from recently got new primary SSD and re-partitioned all my other SSD for fresh Steam, Steam partitions and all fresh sims ( 2TB download)
3. Don't put Steam on C:\ , like ever.
4. Name Steam libraries D:\STEAM E:\STEAM F:\STEAM ( you can select custom locations and name in dropdown menu)
4. New OS run D:\STEAM\Steam.exe
Hi yeah I never have put any games into c:. It's of my H:\Drive, I think the zmtu came with an adobe update. As after that I got the ransomware. I was told I can delete every folder aparts from my steamapps then re install steam and my 1.4tb of mods with still be in the fresh install....I hope

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%