Steam

Yes I just got this message too from you Matt:

Fast_BTCC_Matt: Now and exclusively you can get one game for free and have fun with steam ..,To get visit this web site==} Link....
Fast_BTCC_Matt is now Away.
Fast_BTCC_Matt is now Online.
Fast_BTCC_Matt is now Away.
Exige: What?
Fast_BTCC_Matt is now Online.
Exige: Matt?
Fast_BTCC_Matt: yes
Exige: Fast_BTCC_Matt: Now and exclusively you can get one game for free and have fun with steam ..,To get visit this web site==}
Exige: You sent this to me
Fast_BTCC_Matt: yess
Fast_BTCC_Matt: this is a new web site
Fast_BTCC_Matt: try it
(Now I knew something was wrong so I asked a personal question:
Exige: What is my in game racing name matt?
Fast_BTCC_Matt is now Offline.

He instantly blocked me.
Be careful guys, I just came here to acknowledge your account being hijacked in case you want some evidence from the guy who stole your account.
Hope you get it back mate.

Regards.

PS I edited the links out for obvious reasons.

More like, when will people stop being stupid enough to click a random link and enter their details?

This happens with loads of different things, its just a phishing scam.

Yes but James, when it come from a friend you dont think about it being a hijacker! And Jamie thanks, you obviously stumped him!
And the reason i posted this is so that other people dont fall for this! Sorry if it sends to anyone else on my friends, sorry! :boohoo:

Im just sorting it out with steam and waiting for them to send me something back :boohoo:

Really sorry Matt. That is why i haven't befriended with anyone and joined a steam group. Lots of hackers roaming. :(

Good Luck with solving mate.

Well ive got some re-assurance on the facebook, ebay etc front but not the steam front! Facebook are VERY good and seem to be helping me, within sending a message to them they sent one back within 10-15 minutes. But i dont have anything from Steam yet!

I had my account hijacked in '07 and Steam were brilliant, IIRC the account was hijacked on a Friday and I had it back by Monday\Tuesday, I just had to send them a couple of scans of box covers\disks to prove I owned one of the games tied to the account and they then reset the password. I didn't click ANY links though to get my account Hijacked and still don't know how they did it, I formatted the computer and changed ALL passwords to be safe.

Hope you get it sorted soon Matt.

Yes but James, when it come from a friend you dont think about it being a hijacker! :
No not really, I get those messages oftenly on MSN and if I get someone I ask first what it is. I seriously don't trust any link. Also some bots send messages while you're offline. From s specific person. Be aware of those.

I have been hijacked on my Steam account, all of my games that I bought on Steam are gone, it was happen on last night 26/01/2010, and I tried to contact to Steam and they just always sent me a e mail with some code, and I don't know what to do with it.

Do anyone here had the expirience of this hijacked?

Please help me out

Thank you

Jose Ferreira

I have been hijacked on my Steam account, all of my games that I bought on Steam are gone, it was happen on last night 26/01/2010, and I tried to contact to Steam and they just always sent me a e mail with some code, and I don't know what to do with it.

Do anyone here had the expirience of this hijacked?

Please help me out

Thank you

Jose Ferreira

Doesn't the email include instructions?, the one they sent me did.

l8r

Dariusz thank you, on Steam is too complicated to retrieve, I tried many many times to get back my account and I couldn't make it, so at the end I had bought all the racing games back again from Steam.

Thank you for Bram Hengeveld and you too Dariusz

Jose Ferreira ( JoJo )

(...)so at the end I had bought all the racing games back again from Steam.(...)

No, you r kidding? I can't believe it! Please insist on getting back your money for this "rebuy" or otherwise Steam will neverever have an interest on banning hijackers nor helping hijacked users!

I assume that you have at least one receipt for one game of your "old" steam account. This is evidence enough for to see that it had been yours. So wirte a physical letter with a copy of that receipt and because you didn't get any help, you have bought your games once more and so you now want to get back your money for this "rebuy" until 4 weeks. After 4 weeks you refer to your first letter and now you want to have back your money until 2 weeks or you re forced to bring an action for an debt. And if they still dont react, go to law. - Please, do it, for your money and for better service to all of us!

Believe me, that can be a mini real life adventure and on the other hand the amount in dispute is not too big to become nervous. And so it will be a good training and preparation if you ever have a dispute which maybe is essential for your life. Good luck!

Thank's to Bram Hengeveld, Dariusz Swiderski and Zulu

Thank you Zulu, just now I had receive a e mail from Steam they give me a new password, and now I have 2 account but I am really happy to get back my old account.

Yes is true that I bought some of the games that I had in the old account, I just bought the Race07, GTRevo, I spent $59.98, but is ok at least I got back my old account, now everything is settle up.

Thank you

Jose Ferreira

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back