Steam ID cracked user SKIDROW -- running steam bypass version of race07!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past week user named SKIDROW has popped up in several servers, and now i see 2 or 3 of them in a single server. Apparently the well known skidrow, now has a steam id cracked version of race07 as a torrent download. Not sure but but i've heard all simbin titles from steam has been cracked. So now there are millions of users joining server with a crack that bypasses steam. Hopefully simbin and steam can resolve this issue. More and more public servers are being password protected because of this. This is bad news since it can close down simbin pretty quick

While it does suck that people have cracked it and, no doubt, the public servers could get flooded with idiots... I don't see how this could shut down SimBin.

Even with the expansion packs, they've probably gotten about all they're going to get from the 07 series. I mean, it's 4 years old... that's pretty darned old for a game! You might get a handful of people who say "ooh... what's this torrent? let me try" but they probably wouldn't have spent money on it in the first place.

I seriously doubt this would cut too deeply into their already tiny customer-base for this dinosaur of a game.

Now if they ever come out with GTR3 and someone cracked it shortly after release, THEN it could be a big problem.

What worries me the most about this news is that people can do this with Steam... a system that I thought was pretty good about preventing this crap.

If it wasn't on Steam, it would've been cracked before it hit the shelves, LOL.

Whether a game gets cracked or not has nothing to do with Steam. Their games get cracked just like all the rest.

Steam does not prevent games being pirated, it merely prevents you playing cracked games online... or at least, it used to. Unfortunately, as this thread shows there are even ways around that now which could be a serious problem for games whos primary focus is online play.

While I'm sure games like GTR 3 will be good, how many people will choose to pirate the game instead of buy it if they can play online either way? That could indeed hurt SimBin.

Sorry to say that I fully disagree with you, Jeremy. Not only the loss of money could harm SimBin (I agree with you that most of those skidrows woudn't have bought the game), but when you are talking about a game which is mostly intended to be played online to have the servers full of wreckers is actually a great disadvantage.

Many public servers are being passworded in order to avoid these skidrows, and this will kill SimBin's online litlle by little.

Regards.

We have banned over 120 SKIDROW's in 3 weeks or so but they keep coming back like weeds. Simbin are aware of this problem and they have replied by saying they are working on a solution in the short term. I guess this means a patch for now.

And how sad it is, there are not even a lot of players online usually, but already more than 120 players who have stolen the game... and they also give work (in a bad meaning of course) for Simbin guys, that can be one of the reasons probably why they're late with both the Retro pack release (true they said they have to fix something in it as well), and the Formula RR painting competition as well as it still doesn't have any results. Really sad...

Here in South Africa all our game shops dont have race 07 and stcc, and most people I know would realy love to buy the game but only way is by using steam and with credit card details. That is why most of my friends actually bought a cracked version from a guy because they would love to buy the game cash but there is no place here to buy it other than on steam...

Here in South Africa all our game shops dont have race 07 and stcc, and most people I know would realy love to buy the game but only way is by using steam and with credit card details. That is why most of my friends actually bought a cracked version from a guy because they would love to buy the game cash but there is no place here to buy it other than on steam...
The Raceroom website offers plenty of choices as well. Not only CC.
Also Steam does accept Paypal for example.

Well as I respect the Race 07 Community I have told my Friends that its quick and easy to get hold of a original copy. So I will nag him until he does. As for those Scidrow Players I try and kick them but not everyone always votes.

That is the most stupid thing I have read. There are many ways you can get games on steam and with raceroom not wanting to use a credit card because you might loose money steam and others have lots of back up so as your money and card are safe. Its not Sony.

I really hope steam and simbin put a stop to all this as people like that will kill simbin off.

Its not about cost, its about capped internet in a 3rd world country like South Africa. Simbin must get off its butt and make "ITS" product available to all users by whatever means. If Simbin cannot do this then people will pirate and thats a fact.

If Simbin cannot do this then people will pirate and thats a fact.

Corrected your statement.

However, there is never an excuse for pirating (ie, stealing) games. They are not essential to survival, a developer/publisher is under no obligation of any kind to ensure that their product is easily available to every single person in the entire world, nor are they responsible for capped internet connections... which exist in many countries, by the way, not just 'third world' countries.

Piracy may be a fact of life these days, but that does not mean that there is any justification for it whatsoever.

Race 07s life has for the most expired, there was not going to be very many more peple purchasing this game thats pretty obvious

Although obviousley having a pirated game is in essence theft , this does not indicate that such a player is neccasssarily a wrecker does it?

Also you should take into account why sombody has pirated the software in the first place, you guys may not haave realised this but som people cant afford to shell out for games all the time, imo this does not mean they should automatically be castrated as a wrecker.

Race 07 games sales are not be hurt the revunue would of been minute anyway and if these players play fair and act responsibly I dont see why they should be banned. However like everybody else if they wreck cheat etc.. then yes considering they haven't paid for the game theres even more reason to ban them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%