Some help with Rfactor Material Names

Hi everyone, like in title i need some help with the material names in Xpacker

Xpacker..jpg

In the image we can see a lot of names but i really have no idea what's for:rolleyes:

Roada -> road (that's easy:smile:)
Rdax -> ????
Rdta -> ????
Rdcp -> ????
Rged -> ????
Gras -> grass (easy too:redface:?
Grxs -> ????
Grvl -> Gravel
Dstg -> ????
Gtrp -> ????
Rmbl -> ????
Twall -> Tree wall?
Wall -> Wall
Grdr -> ????
Safer -> ????

You can get a lot of info by opening up the tdf file from any track. For each material you'll see something like this:

// Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
[FEEDBACK]

(lots of variables here)
Materials=rdax

So you can see that rdax is for small bumps which are quite close together. Further searching will reveal that Grxs is rough grass, gtrp is for gravel traps. I imagine this is more likely to stop a car, whereas grvl would be more like a gravel road.

You can get a lot of info by opening up the tdf file from any track. For each material you'll see something like this:

// Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
[FEEDBACK]

(lots of variables here)
Materials=rdax

So you can see that rdax is for small bumps which are quite close together. Further searching will reveal that Grxs is rough grass, gtrp is for gravel traps. I imagine this is more likely to stop a car, whereas grvl would be more like a gravel road.

thanks a lot:smile:

Roada -> road (that's easy:smile:)
Rdax -> Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
Rdta -> Roads Bumps LVL2 //Road Crack Sharp short bumps
Rdcp -> Road Cement Patchs
Rged -> Dusty berms
Gras -> grass (easy too:redface:?
Grxs -> rough Grass
Grvl -> Gravel
Dstg -> Dusty Grass
Gtrp -> Gravel Trap
Rmbl -> Rumblestrips (fake bumping added)
Twall -> Tirewalls
Wall -> Wall
Grdr -> Guardrails
Safer -> SAFER Walls

Now i'm able to create more realistic tracks:smile:

You can make your own Nmaes also. I made a Snow, Ice and Water material. The Terrain and Road sections I use it on has a material name of Snow, Ice and Water. And the tdf has.

// Water LVL5 //Water
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadWaterGrip Wet=RoadWaterGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=1.0 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=1.0 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=wata
// ICE LVL6 //ICE
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadICE Wet=RoadICE Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.5 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=1.0 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=ICE
// Snow LVL7 //Snow
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadSnow Wet=RoadSnow Resistance=1.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=1.0 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
Materials=Snow

About this, does that mean you need to call each material

"rmbl_bleh"

...or could it be called anything.

My question is - does the game search for all materials called "rmbl_xxx" - or is there some other way the material names are linked to surfaces.

It´s done, opened the track with 3dsimed, and select HAT target and Collision target for kerbs, exported all models to get new _output.scn and replace old *.scn with the new _output.scn file and voilá:biggrin: when passing over kerbs i realy feel them on my G25:tongue:

Amazing:biggrin::biggrin:

done with kerbs..jpg

The materials can have any name. In Venue Materials (or the Materials tab in the XPacker program) you choose a value for rFactor material name.
So if i got this right. When i have two cobble roads and i want to have 1 more bumpier than the other, i give to two materials two different names and i add to the tdf-file those two names with all the information.

has any one figured out how to get a water splash out the front of the car!!!!
I have tried and tried, but to no avail.....I was sure I had it right at one stage but nope! lol.......
Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30)
Have given these values a flogging! even tried a negative value to see if it pushes past the 0,0,0 axis......

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 136 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%
  • €3001-5000