So why is there not much buzz....

I downloaded this the other day but was surprised to see such a small community? I understand the game is in beta but would expected a little more. I've played a few hours using my G27 and i was impressed. Im not a sim nut so i wont begin to comment on its qualities as a sim but i sure had fun going for a few laps. I think the pricing is a little steep, 5 quid for a track seems a bit of a rip off to me. I could spend like 100 quid easily and still not have a complete race experience.

In most part the EvO software follows the R3E development from a gameplay perspective. On the other hand it has a whole lot of features that r3e does not have, but does not require at this moment (f.e. Touch screen supported menu). But sometimes the EvO team comes with something the R3E would really like to have, so in the end its a win win situation.

In most part the EvO software follows the R3E development from a gameplay perspective. On the other hand it has a whole lot of features that r3e does not have, but does not require at this moment (f.e. Touch screen supported menu). But sometimes the EvO team comes with something the R3E would really like to have, so in the end its a win win situation.
Conceptually it makes a lot of sense that they have multiple products with at least some crossover and that can only be a good thing in terms of extra features and quicker development. The difficulty is making specific products that please niche customer groups, hence the corner marker controversy, which of course can be solved by introducing a toggle for it. Which I surmise is harder than it sounds.
I also like the idea of racing series titles that might add new features but I'm not so fond of the pricing strategy that requires a complete purchase to have the add on series. If the DTM folks really want to use this game as a marketing tool they would figure out how to leverage your existing customer base by providing discounts to existing simbin customers. Good for both parties and especially in countries like the USA where DTM isn't so popular. It could really broaden their appeal.

I'd rather buy a good full quality DLC to race with than a free low level quality mod. While i have had fun with free mods in rF1, im not happy to see "same" low level quality mods appearing in rF2, despite all good efforts of people working hard for those mods:)thumbsup:).
But the sim needs to be complete for that model: SP / MP / full pitstops = a full racing sim. Im not happy with the development strategy path they have choosen. I would rather have seen a full game: two or three cars, two or three tracks with SP / MP. After that, the release of different DLC's. Anyways, i have spend my money so the strategy worked for Simbin. The downside is a unhappy customer because i have spent money at a product i do not use and to be honest...i do not have the feeling they care. :(

....agree, there is way more money in those "racing-fan-chaps", but they tend to race road-cars and less GTR&DTM Cars.
I disagree a little. the basic idea is trying to step into someone else's shoes. I bet even the most hard-core sim-racer in his deepest heart of hearts is not that different from the kid pushing his die cast cars across the carpet and going "vroom vroom" we just hide behind a "sim"-wall. the appeal goes much deeper, and with a series as well promoted as the dtm, the idea of actually being "in" the race you have just watched on the telly will certainly get many non-players to pick up / download a copy. it's not for nothing that the formula one series is codemasters' flagship even though for years it just offered the one series and naught else. chaps can buy it and get immersed in a jiffy, that's the basic appeal of dtm as well and i bet it'll work.

Assetto Corsa you cant beat it once multi player comes out
oh yeah gunna be good real good
Even if the current state of AC is quite good, but i disagree, because AC will not offer a platform for Endurance Racing (at least not with v1.0), and there are many many Simracers out there, which doing this special part of Simracing.

But this shouldn't be a topic here. Now back to topic. :)

I wonder if R3E will offer some support for Endurance Racing, perhaps in a more final release state. I think this will not fit into the whole R3E concept, even if i would like to see something like this. The slogan "Build the sim of your dreams" should also match to Simracers which prefer "longer races". ;)

I disagree a little. the basic idea is trying to step into someone else's shoes. I bet even the most hard-core sim-racer in his deepest heart of hearts is not that different from the kid pushing his die cast cars across the carpet and going "vroom vroom" we just hide behind a "sim"-wall. the appeal goes much deeper, and with a series as well promoted as the dtm, the idea of actually being "in" the race you have just watched on the telly will certainly get many non-players to pick up / download a copy. it's not for nothing that the formula one series is codemasters' flagship even though for years it just offered the one series and naught else. chaps can buy it and get immersed in a jiffy, that's the basic appeal of dtm as well and i bet it'll work.

ya, but comparing DTM with Formula1 is like a low-budget movie vs. a Cinema Blockbuster, atleast here in Europe. Lots of people don't even like GTR-Cars just because of those "unnormal" dashboards in cockpit (looks always the same). For me i like both, road cars and dtm/gtr cars.

Shouldn't keep Simbin or any other company from trying to attract the DTM&GTR Series for more people, but i think it will be a tougher job nowadays, when AC&Pcars are in the pipeline aswell.

The next thing is, R3E's F2P mode...barely someone who likes this business-model.

How long would Endurance racing be?
I think a racing duration of 3 hours and more would fall into that category.
Example: http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/

But to fully support Endurance Racing, it's necessary to have a working "driver swap"-feature in R3E (...like in rF1 and rF2). Not to mention a 24h-timecycle. ;)

I have strong doubts, that we will see this in R3E (also because it isn't a needed feature in a Raceroom center), but perhaps Simbin can positively surprise me at some point.:rolleyes:
I assume, the feature list for R3E is actually not set in stone, and could grow over time.
So Simbin ...... get your brains in gear! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%