So... What's it like?

Alexander, you can get ATI tray tools which allows you to change the pre rendered frames for ATI cards.
I am interested in those FFB settings museumsteve mentioned, but for some reason I cant access those forums :( Can anyone post them here?
Still really put off by the slight steering delay im getting, im just unable to make the car go where I want it to go. It feels like a codemasters game or nfs shift this way. blegh

I am interested in those FFB settings museumsteve mentioned, but for some reason I cant access those forums :( Can anyone post them here?

Can you see this?

Attachments

• rrre ffb (1).jpg
    rrre ffb (1).jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 378
lol
Easier to write it..but it's in german so I try :D

In game

FFB Vibration - Off
FFB -On
FFB Effect - Maximum
Invert FFB - On
FFB Strength - 90%
FFB Lenkkraft - 1.4
FFB Badenhaftuntg - 0.35
Lenkkraft Starke - 0.5
Curb effekts - 0.4
curb kontakt - 0.4

I reduced strength cos it was too much for me

For G25/G27 - try these settings, they helped me. Maybe not the ultimate FFB yet but, I have no input lag either. Logitech Global Settings:
Overall FX = 107%
Spring Strength FX = 0
Damper FX = 0
Degrees of rotation = 450 (Most recommend 540)
Enable Center Spring - checked but set to 0%
Allow Game to adjust = unchecked

All in-game control FFB settings are default except FFB Strength = 70%
and Steering Lock = 16 (@450) 540 would be a little different
Steering sensitivity should be 50% for linear (default)

Still no joy. ATI Tray Tools wouldn't even install.
Shame :(

Anyway, changed the pre rendered frames to 1 now, I thought it was on 1 but it turned out to be on 0. The ffb settings seem a lot better too! I might finally be able to play this now :) thanks guys.
The HUD and the mirrors are really choppy. I suppose that is intended but it annoys the **** out of me, but I think ill just have to get used to it and stop whining.

Just had a little go with the LMP car on the hillclimb track. Nice :)

Shame :(

Anyway, changed the pre rendered frames to 1 now, I thought it was on 1 but it turned out to be on 0. The ffb settings seem a lot better too! I might finally be able to play this now :) thanks guys.
The HUD and the mirrors are really choppy. I suppose that is intended but it annoys the **** out of me, but I think ill just have to get used to it and stop whining.

Just had a little go with the LMP car on the hillclimb track. Nice :)

Are you using an AMD card with ATI Tray Tools Guus?

I think I have cracked the stutter problem with AMD cards. First you need to download RadeonPro from here.

Once that is installed create a new profile by clicking here:

Capture.jpg

browse to your steam directory and then open steamapps, common, raceroom racing experience. Select RRRE Launcher and click open.

Now open the advanced tab in the RadeonPro software and check the flip queue size box and set it to "1".

Next right click on SimBin.RaceRoomRacing.Launcher in the main window and select "Apply".

And that is it. The game is now very smooth on High settings for me!

Glad to hear that you are having some success on both the Stutter and Steering issues. I will continue to try FFB settings and update with my findings later. The only real thing I am lacking in FFB is the steering feel at the grip-threshold but, some people have reported improvements.

I managed to clear up my stutter problem as well. Last night I performed a complete HD wipe and OS reinstall just to be sure. Ran all critical updates and made sure to install the ATI Catalyst 13.1 drivers. To my dismay, I was still experiencing the occasional hitch.

I decided to take the AA and AF control from the game / application and force it via ATI's CCC. Voila, everything is running perfect now.

Here are my CCC settings:

CCC_Settings_ATI.png

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (OC 3.6Ghz)
Ram: 8.00 GB
Graphics Card: ATI / XFX R7850 DD 2GB (OC 1000Mhz Core Clock)
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3
Controls: G27
Simulation: Obutto Cockpit, 3x24" ASUS Widescreen LCD

If the R3E forum is dead, wat am I? a zombie?
For everybody with a decent GPU (560, 660 and up) and suffer some stuttering, ad more higher settings to the Nvidia controlpanel or NV inspector.
I was having stutters when the GPU load dropped under 80%, now I have 99% load and a smooth game.
This may be my problem. Ive run ati for years but got a 660 ti for xmas. Not too familiar with nvidia software but i think my cpu is working overtime because the fan has been kicking on. How do i get my gpu to 99 percent load? I have a phenom II x6 so i wasnt expecting any problems

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%