SLS AMG

Rims finished. Putting ingame now.

rodafinal3.jpg

Ingame:

screenshot309copy.jpg

screenshot310copy.jpg

Interior almost done:)

But I have a question about blender: I'm limited to 16 materials per model, but I need more then that to do both the exterior and interior. I have separated the body from the interior so I don't have a problem now. But I can't export it as one dof-file since I have 2 different models in Blender.
Now AMGfan puts them together in zmodeler (so I will have one body.dof), but I wondered what I could do about it. Or what other blender-users did with this problem...
thx

Attachments

• dfdfddddddf.jpg
    dfdfddddddf.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 313
  • dfdfddddf.jpg
    dfdfddddf.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 304
Interior almost done:)

But I have a question about blender: I'm limited to 16 materials per model, but I need more then that to do both the exterior and interior. I have separated the body from the interior so I don't have a problem now. But I can't export it as one dof-file since I have 2 different models in Blender.
Now AMGfan puts them together in zmodeler (so I will have one body.dof), but I wondered what I could do about it. Or what other blender-users did with this problem...
thx

What if you have have multiple blender objects with as many materials as you want and then join them?

I always model every material as a separate object and export it all as obj, then change the obj into 3ds, then import into zmodeler and unite them and export. It takes a little longer but I think it saves time overall due to faster modeling.

I model objects in Blender, texture them with the desired texture image and then export as dof directly from Blender using the exporter developed by Brent Burton which I have posted in the download thread.

Zmod can produce Qlog errors when doing it your way.

What if you have have multiple blender objects with as many materials as you want and then join them?

I always model every material as a separate object and export it all as obj, then change the obj into 3ds, then import into zmodeler and unite them and export. It takes a little longer but I think it saves time overall due to faster modeling.

Nope, doesn't work.

If I model every material as a seperate object, I can't export it using blender which is pretty useful. Blender export every object as a single dof-file. But exporting it as obj and 3ds....you loose your sharp edges, smooth faces etc? At least I do when I try export or import something as obj. It's something I don't get 100%:)

In the recent versions you can also use generic objects to split the body into several parts.

Code:
graphics
{
  generic
  {
    model0
    {
      file=interior.dof
    }
    model1
    {
      file=...
    }
  }
}
body
{
  model
  {
    file=body.dof
  }
}
Ends up looking something like that for specifying the models. Of course there's other stuff in there as well.

I don't do the Blender->Racer export very often though so I haven't really had to think about making it a smooth process.

Nope, doesn't work.

If I model every material as a seperate object, I can't export it using blender which is pretty useful. Blender export every object as a single dof-file. But exporting it as obj and 3ds....you loose your sharp edges, smooth faces etc? At least I do when I try export or import something as obj. It's something I don't get 100%:)

Just export it as a single object into Zmodeler and the separate the materials into individual objects using the split function...
1. select the object (make sure the "SEL" button is pressed too).
2. go to create>objects>bymaterial>split.
3. you can now separately smooth the individual objects.
4. export the objects you wish as dofs.

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back