Sim Racing Resource Manager Released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Sim Racing Resource Manager Released

Let me start by thanking everybody in our community for your their tremendous patience over the last 1 1/2 years. The moment we switched our forum software at the end of 2011 we announced the arrival of the anticipated Resource Manager for our new forums.

Due to ongoing legal issues between two software companies the release was delayed, postponed, delayed, postponed and delayed again until now.

Our...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
I knew that question would come the minute i posted the article lol.

We've paid for the resource manager with the donations coming from our small but awesome group of premium members. All donations go towards server rental, maintenance and software costs (forum and add-on licenses, domain registrations etc).

Jep, for now legacy titles will have that feature only. As disc space is of course limited and older titles get less traffic than newer titles.

I've created an account for myself on Mega.co.nz for the GSC tracks and it works fantastic tbh. I recommend everybody to try it.

I think it could use a couple of improvements. First off, I think resources is a bad name. Surely downloads or even just mods is a much clearer description. Second, why take out the link to the downloads section from the f1 2012 mods subforum (and I'm guessing this was also done for the other games' mod subfora)? I know there's a link in the main forum but I don't see why another link could hurt. And third, I think adding small previews of files would be a good idea. Currently all you can see is the avatar of the person who uploaded the file, I think replacing that with a preview is much better.

Overall I think it's good that you guys are trying to innovate but honestly I don't really see what this does better than the old system, and I think this update makes it much harder for people, especially those new to the site, to find mods they like.

ad 1: its called resources as over time it will cover more than just "downloads". Also guides and other features will be added.

ad 2: the old downloads manager will be removed over time and people should reupload their work in order for it to be preserved until .. forever

The biggest changes are mostly in the backend. The old downloads mod was basically just that, a mod. This is compatible software that is feature rich and has a great set of feutures to administrate it for both us as the users who upload files. Updates can be done quickly, ratings and reviews can be given and there is more to come :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%