Show us your Rig / Cockpit

phpmcsuv0pm.jpg

DIY button panel ran up to the SLI-M, still using the panel from the G25 shifter.
NRG Innovations 320mm steering wheel.
DIY wheel button panel.
I would love to add a nicer racing seat, but this one was only $50 and it's comfy with the Obus Form cover.
I didn't like how ugly the g25 pedals were so I made my own and added some grip tape. There's a fourth pedal inside the cockpit as well.
The floor and left side, as well as the top panel are covered in micro-suede which is fun to write things on, than just whip it back off.
Some Carbon Fiber Vinyl on the arm rest and steering wheel button panel.
Frex Shift + with a hello kitty toy on it. (Don't tell your GF she's allowed to do things when you don't actually want them to do things, next thing you know, there's silly crap in your cockpit).
I'll have to take some pictures in a few weeks when my ALMS and IMSA official decals show up and a bit more CF Vinyl to finish the LMP silouette on the sides.
phpssdalmpm.jpg

I had to figure out a way to have the buttons from the steering wheel be able to come off along with the quick release. I ended up using a 9v battery connector for each button. Maybe not the nicest, sleakest, but it works awesome. The wires for the wheel plate run all the way through the wheel compartment and up through a whole through the upper grill I added while I was adding some air flow to the wheel.

Next step is new pedals (can't decide if I should get a g25 load cell mod, clubsports or go full on and get CST's) and a triple screen set-up, and hoping a super cheap legit racing seat pops up out of no-where.

Hope someone out there likes it (yes I need positive re-inforcement to make me feel justified for the work I've put into it).
Cheers =)
Gary

Looks efficient, respect. Only thing i would change is to bring the monitor about ½m closer, so close that you can almost touch it with fingertips, as close as your eyes will allow... Mine is atop of wheel unit, 14cm from the wheel...

There is a bit of a backstory as to why it's that far away.

1. I was using a 19 inch monitor until the GF's monitor started smoking and I gave her my monitor. Just happened my parents got a new tv, so I stole their old one that was of no use to them.
2. When in cockpit view, the top of the steering wheel lines up perfectly to the bottom of the dashboard. The racing view is great.
3. I just put it there 2 days ago and haven't gotten "settled in" yet, plus I will be going to triple monitors soon. This is just to get me by until then.
4. I'm just running rFactor off my laptop so the frame rate isn't great in the slightest. I get about 30FPS on medium/low settings, so the closer the screen the more I notice how crappy it really looks.

Thanks for the input though =)

A few updates to my rig.

Additions are: Fanatec CSR-Elite, SLI-Pro mounted on the Fanatec wheel, TH8 RS Shifter and a BMW Sequential shifter (in a very temporary mount!).

The sequential shifter will be re-mounted shortly, in a new box, but I wanted to try it out and move it around a bit to get the right position first. The Thrustmaster shifter needs to move forward about 3 inches, but I'll do that at the same time, and then I'll paint the mount.

pics:

20111230-IMG_1988.jpg

20111230-IMG_1989.jpg

20111230-IMG_1990.jpg

20111230-IMG_1991.jpg

20111230-IMG_1992.jpg

20111230-IMG_1993.jpg

-a

It is actually the real thing :) Office chair a desk and a G27, thats it :)
Sometimes, it's better to keep it simple ;)

Been reading this thread for a long long time, so it's about time I posted:

Chasis: Obutto cockpit
Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite
Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (took the clutch pad off so it fits in the obutto)
Shifter: Fanatec Porche H-pattern (hobo mounted with hose clamps)
Monitors: Samsung BX2350 (LED)
Speakers: Logitech 5.1
Headphones: Turtlebeach earforce px21
KB: Logitech G110
Mouse: Razer Abyssus
Xbox 3shitty arcade (forza 4 client w/16GB usb storage)
xbox360 elite 120GB (forza 4 host)
xbox360 4GB (forza 4 client w/16GB usb storage)

Computer's guts:

MSI P67A-G43 Mobo
Intel core i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
4GB DDR3 1333MHz (generic cheapo ram)
ASUS HD6950 2GB
XFX HD6950 2GB
OCZ EliteXstream 800W PSU
120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
2TB 7200rpm Hitachi HDD
Fractal Define R3 case

Pretty much done upgrading my setup/PC after about a year of use/work (I'm sure my wallet/gf are grateful). Really glad I went for the obutto since it works as a great gaming chair as well (best keyboard tray out there IMHO).

It's time to reveail my racing chair! Many people have asked me the last years to post it. So here it is (click link):

Leen Bakker Racing Sim Seat Pro Evolution Desk Club Sport R-Edition Beta III

Pretty cool uh?

Wow!! You even have the custom arm rests, I couldn't afford that addon. I must have the Beta II, but I also use a special custom mod to help minimise the backward sliding. It's a box of A4 printer paper sitting behind the castors, I found that A4 worked the best after much research. :p
This brand seems fastest too: http://i.imgur.com/fbNWB.jpg

Proof on concept, the "hydraulic" linked system has clear effect: (don't mind about the spikes, that's Race07 autoblib... i hate it..)
gh.jpg

It clearly quite symmetric motion and if does help balancing the car better. The graph is from an overtaking moment so there's no concsious effort of doing this, pure racing.

Sometimes, it's better to keep it simple ;)

Been reading this thread for a long long time, so it's about time I posted:

nice setup mate :)

The most important thing on your rig ??? the clock.........so we can remind ourselves how much time we got left to race before bed/work, right ??

@Kennett

You can disable auto blip in race07 mate, you do know this right ?

nice setup mate :)

The most important thing on your rig ??? the clock.........so we can remind ourselves how much time we got left to race before bed/work, right ??
Thanks

Haha, yea that's what the clock is for :rolleyes: (good thing it's backlit or I might never go to bed on time)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back