Safety Car Fix "mod"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah bummer, oh well no biggie.
Cheers

I hope CM will fix this in f1 2013. So we can have safety cars at the start of the race and finish a race under safety car.
But I think they won´t because most of the people who buy the game aren´t sim racers but arcade racers and they don´t want to start under safety car.
They just want an easy f1 game and race like they do in need for speed or similar games.

But when they do there will be less work for us so we can concentrate on modding other things like the plans we have for the realism overhaul mod.

I think that when we are finished with the realism overhaul mod (if we finish it ;) ) we don´t need f1 2013 from CM :p

I could be wrong here as I don't have a good means to mess around with or test the coordinates, but if you check the triggers_pit.xml file for each track located at \F1 2012\tracks\circuits\[track_name]\route_0 you'll see coordinate entries for "rear_wing_timing", "rearwingtiming", "rear_wing_timing_1", and "rearwingtiming1" down near the bottom of the file.

I'm going to guess those are the coordinates where the AI uses DRS, though I'm not sure the difference between "rearwingtiming" and "rear_wing_timing" coordinates.

Interesting side note -
If you check the triggers_pit.xml file for Monaco, at the very bottom you'll notice a section for "rear_wing_forbid". This also is true for the triggers_pit.xml file for Spa. These coordinates would be for the tunnel at Monaco, and Eau Rouge at Spa, where you're not allowed to use DRS.

So somehow you will need to edit the coordinates so that only the race DRS zones are not in that "rear_wing_forbid" section, and the rest of the track is. Maybe it's as simple as the "rest of the track" being the coordinates found in the other coordinate blocks in the triggers_pit.xml file...?

I just hope you can add the "rear_wing_forbid" portion to trigger_pit.xml files for tracks that don't normally have sections where DRS is forbidden, as this seems to be the key to making DRS act as it does in 2013.

Hope my 2 cents winds up being worth more than 2 cents ;)

Great minds think alike :thumbsup:

Good luck with it, sorry I can't be more help but I've no idea how to use the coordinate system CM uses with these files >.<

The co-ordinate system is where I can help, as I used the CM co-ordinate system to develop a large chunk of this very SC mod.

Yes, it is the rear wing forbid values (co-ordinates) that need to be changed, but how we can get it to distinguish separately for qualifying and the race remains a mystery to me at this stage. I can map out the areas of track with no issues, but will this affect both the race and qualifying? Probably, which defeats the whole purpose of a DRS mod. Also, there may be other files that assist where the driver/AI can and can't use DRS. What these files are I'm not sure of yet.

I can map out the areas of track with no issues, but will this affect both the race and qualifying? Probably, which defeats the whole purpose of a DRS mod. Also, there may be other files that assist where the driver/AI can and can't use DRS. What these files are I'm not sure of yet.

The part highlighted has me confused.
I might be off today...or right now, but isn't that what we're after? In 2013 DRS is now only allowed in the "race" DRS zones for all weekend sessions; practice, qualifying, and race (obviously). In other words, the places you can use DRS in a race in 2012 are now the only places you can use DRS in 2013. So if, as you say, you already have the correct coordinates in the "DRS forbid" code section to mimic what the 2013 rules and regulations say, then you should have what we're searching for?

I must be missing something...

The Game was Coded so that we cannot use the DRS in all the track for race session apart from the Selected DRS zones which are specified in the rear_wing_timing and rearwingtiming methods
the forbid method is used to Deny usage of DRS in particular parts of a track like Tunnel in Monaco and Eaurouge in Spa-Francorchamps. So if you install more co-ordinates in the forbid method then that part will not be allow player/AI to use DRS in that section of track.

The Game was Coded so that we cannot use the DRS in all the track for race session apart from the Selected DRS zones which are specified in the rear_wing_timing and rearwingtiming methods
the forbid method is used to Deny usage of DRS in particular parts of a track like Tunnel in Monaco and Eaurouge in Spa-Francorchamps. So if you install more co-ordinates in the forbid method then that part will not be allow player/AI to use DRS in that section of track.

I must still be missing something.
So...what happens if you put the coords into the forbid function for the whole track except the normal race DRS coords? During practice and qualifying does the AI still open DRS in those zones you've specified as forbid?

Sorry for my ignorance here, just trying to understand what the problem is, so maybe I can help.

I must still be missing something.
So...what happens if you put the coords into the forbid function for the whole track except the normal race DRS coords? During practice and qualifying does the AI still open DRS in those zones you've specified as forbid?

Sorry for my ignorance here, just trying to understand what the problem is, so maybe I can help.
params playerOnly="False"
This line gives what you want as the answer i believe
If this was Set to true then AI use DRS through out if False they won't and does just like Player
And the Problem is with Co-ordinates only we are still looking into that.

Wow great! So then what is the issue with the coordinates? Is the problem just getting the correct coordinates into the DRS-forbid model? Or is there something else that is an issue too?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me :)

The co-ordinates are definitely not the problem.

All co-ordinates are entered around the track with the exception of the DRS zones, in a similar way to which the SC triggers were done. However it appears it is still not working correctly, so there may be other files that affect it that we still haven't been able to locate.

I want to take this time to thank Remy & Co for their fantastic work to get the SC working as well as it does now.

I apologise if this has been answered before.

This Mod: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/cm-debugging-options-enabled.579/viewfile allows you to launch the SC manually, even on the first lap. Is there a way to incorporate this trigger into your Mod? To have 6 laps where the SC can't come out is ludicrous. What's strange is it works well enough when you launch it manually. I don't know why CM didn't finish it. If they didn't have time during the main development phase, why not in the 12 patches? I've seen the SC flash green lights and stop to allow me to overtake and everything, it seems to work great. I even had it pull in on the very last lap, giving the leaders a 200 yard dash for the line.

The reason the sc won't come out in the first and last 3 laps is because codemasters has coded it in the exe.
So we can't change that.

When you use the debugging options you can call the sc whenever you like, BUT we've encountered and issue when using the debugging options in a race.

When you use it, after the sc has gone in it is very hard to get it out again.
So if you change the weather with it, the sc won't come out when there are crashes that need a sc.

When you change it again still the sc won't come out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back