RsRbr 2013 out on Sunday 16/12/12 *Patch 2 out 25/12-12*

Patch 2 made my anti virus go off. I can't open the Menu but if I go into the 2013 folder and click on the alone, public or champion icon's it will open up the interface... idk what to do, tried to reinstall the patch but it didn't help. Also made an exception on AVG and it still nothin.. any idea?

Jeff exactly the same as you! Can use individual icons but not the main RS centre one, AVG, Trojan horse.
I noticed this was the same before patch one, but worked after the 1st patch... I guess another patch will be out soon.

Jeff exactly the same as you! Can use individual icons but not the main RS centre one, AVG, Trojan horse.
I noticed this was the same before patch one, but worked after the 1st patch... I guess another patch will be out soon.
Hmmmmmm had downloaded both patches not a problem
runs real good no problems
BUT
Just cant download the new tracks
:unsure: got everything else
maybe the problem is with the track download ?

I can't say if it did this before the first patch I installed it before I even tried to open the game but hopefully with the next patch it will fix it. Not the end of the world by any means I can still play the game.

Well, MOST of the guys at RallyeSim are friendly. :rolleyes: There is always one hey, John.

I was originally going to suggest creating the Exception rule in your AVG settings, but Jeff said he had tried that.
Also made an exception on AVG and it still nothin.. any idea?

So, I'm not sure now. Obviously there is no trojan with the file, so restricting AVG from checking it should work. :confused:

Which file specifically do you want John, I haven't installed RSRBR2013 (yet) but if noone else can supply it, maybe I could later on?

BTW: I gave up using AVG after getting heaps of these sorts of problems. I use free Avast now, problems solved (so far).

Warren, its the main RS exe (Menu file). but I can use the separate exe's in the main RBR to run the individual menus (alone, champ, public etc) so its no biggy. I will look into avast as I tried to make the exe an exception with avg but it threw a hissy fit and kept blocking it.

Doubt I will ask again at RS.

And one more question for me, maybe someone here can answer.
I have had a brief look at the RSRBR2013 Menus / Options etc, and I can't see the previous option to set my timezone to synchronise with the RallyeSim Server.
This seems to have disappeared (or I'm going blind).
Does that now mean that my timezone is automatically recognised by the Server? If so, that is a great improvement. ;)
Or does it now mean that I have to reset my PC clock to the French timezone if I want to join a Session? Hope not. :unsure:

Okey dokey, I am up and runing.

The AVG/RSmenu exe fix was:

With avg turned off
I copied the Patch1 RSmenu exe to a separate folder when I installed Patch one.
I ran patch 2 and then replaced the RSmenu exe with the one from the Patch1.
Turned on AVG

(I dont know why any of the above worked, but it did...)

All working great.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years