rFactor wont work

Hey all.

I just installed the rFactor demo and then bought it and was given an activation code for 5 renewals. When i launch the game and try to go online it says that its not available in the demo. I uninstalled and used an activation code and the window said that it was ready for use. Still doesnt work. I only have 2 tracks and like 1 car. What should I do to fix this?

Hi Ethan. First thing is you'll need rFactor 1255. 1 GB download I'm afraid. There is rFactor lite but not recommended because some mods use original rF files that aren't available in lite. You activation code will work for you then. The demo is just that. A demo not a full game install. Go here http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=downloads . Download Full v1255 installer. Once installed the activation code will open the game as normal.

This is a base style game so rF alone is not much of a game. Go to http://www.rfactorcentral.com/ were you can get a great number of car mods, Tracks and add-ons. These are usually in a rar compressed file so you need a rar or win zip type program to open or extract them. I recommend opening them before extracting to check path ways are correct. If there not right extract to a new file and manually install from there.

Some file structure knowledge would be handy. Any problems just ask.

In addition; some anti-virus software restricts access to the online activation after starting rFactor (full version) for the first time. Especially AVG.

I run AVG and never had had any issues with rFactor.
It's any Anti-Virus using VET drivers. Such as Computer Associates, SBC Free Anti-Virus and some others.

Taken from rFactors Readme...

· In some cases VET anti-virus software will cause the rFactor startup procedure to take an exceptionally long time. If rFactor seems to be stuck on the rFactor logo screen and you have VET anti-virus installed, at this time the only known work around is to uninstall VET.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%