rFactor Racing Club - Event Mods Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we use CTDP F1 05/06, FSONE/WCP 09, F1RFT 2011, GPTEAM 1998 for open wheelers here, or are they not valid for the racing club(illegal/bad quality/any other issues)?

I will be available for these and the other open wheel mods already mentioned in the poll as much as I can :D

I might know the reason that this post didn't work :D The dates for the advertised races are 24, 25 and 26 June, but the post was made only on the 29th of June. Maybe worth another try with future dates... :thumbsup:

Cut and paste eror then, either way that was going for 5 weeks, and i did them for 6 weeks before that, even with pictures, but still no difference.

I fear there isnt much lif left in this club

I mentioned on the Race07 forum that maybe tapping into the 130,000 members by sending out a newsletter with info about all the upcoming weeks Club events in it sent on say, the Thursday beforehand might get people noticing again. Can perhaps then allow those to subcribe/unsubscribe to certain sections so they only get the newsletter for Race07 events, or Rfactor events, or both, or neither.

As long as you have a clear opt out link no one should get mad.

I'd love to get involved in rfactor. I'm currently learning how to set up ect, I'm pretty quick in gp2 car but have bother in the wtm, v8's ect. Feel like they understeer massively. My prob is simple i came to this game to late and they are many veterans - but not enough info on set up ect. I don't want set ups i just want info on the tech side (what is doing what ect).
Id be happy to come into a session with you guys just to learn, But fear i will get in someones way.

I'd love to get involved in rfactor. I'm currently learning how to set up ect, I'm pretty quick in gp2 car but have bother in the wtm, v8's ect. Feel like they understeer massively. My prob is simple i came to this game to late and they are many veterans - but not enough info on set up ect. I don't want set ups i just want info on the tech side (what is doing what ect).
Id be happy to come into a session with you guys just to learn, But fear i will get in someones way.

The racing club is perfect for this, as most people are relaxed, and we will help you with setups and advice as we are also learning... There are some guys on the setups who really know what they're doing...

The racing club is perfect for this, as most people are relaxed, and we will help you with setups and advice as we are also learning... There are some guys on the setups who really know what they're doing...
I'm in then 100% mate, I was so wanting to play online but catch 22 when your not fast enough and spent 2 days setting it up. I'm a clean racer, I know its not comparable but i have been in xbox f1 league 2 years without incidents. Just need a nudge on certain things (i like to set the car up to my style not adapt to one given to me). Cool thanks alot mate. I will keep close eye out for you guys setting up races on this thread. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

I'm in then 100% mate, I was so wanting to play online but catch 22 when your not fast enough and spent 2 days setting it up. I'm a clean racer, I know its not comparable but i have been in xbox f1 league 2 years without incidents. Just need a nudge on certain things (i like to set the car up to my style not adapt to one given to me). Cool thanks alot mate. I will keep close eye out for you guys setting up races on this thread. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

What is your driving style? Do you like a more stable car, or a more 'nippy' car? Some guys here will help you much better than me but I can give you some tips to start off with...

Also refer to this thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/setup-advice.51171/ for setup tips. It's not much, yet, but feel free to ask questions in there. Someone might answer and then you're on your way.

I like a bit of oversteer and a stiff car -i'm finding that hard to set up. the rear breaks away or i understeer into walls ect. Its exit i seem to lose out on. I noticed playing with steering rates (degree's and steering speed) helps alot. But there is so much more to it. I can and know about camber toe ect, tyre pressures all that i'm on top of. Gears i'm not they end up all over. Also its a mind job when working with packers ect -what are they actually doing?
Anyway i will get this info from you bit by bit as i don't need to overload as il be off changing all kinds. I'l have a look at the thread - thanks.

I like a bit of oversteer and a stiff car -i'm finding that hard to set up. the rear breaks away or i understeer into walls ect. Its exit i seem to lose out on. I noticed playing with steering rates (degree's and steering speed) helps alot. But there is so much more to it. I can and know about camber toe ect, tyre pressures all that i'm on top of. Gears i'm not they end up all over. Also its a mind job when working with packers ect -what are they actually doing?
Anyway i will get this info from you bit by bit as i don't need to overload as il be off changing all kinds. I'l have a look at the thread - thanks.

It might be entry speed issues + braking, more than setup. If you try to brake really late (that's the first mistake people make), but fear letting go of the brake early, the tyres will be unable to recover and you'll be braking with loads of weight transfer, making the car unstable and trying to turn all at the same time. End result is the car will feel really unstable and it will be scary, forcing you to slow down more as you go roound the corner, and then to make up for it you have to put the gas on harder, thus more chance of a spin on exit. Some corners highlight this more than others.

Biggest leap forward for my times so far in a sim was learning to brake controlled, and to let go of the brake (or at least ease off considerably) as you get to the turn in point.What you are looking for is as much stability in the tyres and car as possible as you go for the hard turns. The more stable it is, the more grip you are able to leave in the tyres, that faster you can go round it. Taking the apex perfectly has a big impact, too.

Basically, the car needs to be very stable and the weight transfer going back to normality before you dare turn. If you do this, you simply brake hard, let go a little earlier, coast round the corner much faster because the tyres have more grip, and then you don't have so much throttle issues on exit because you had more speed and tyre grip in the corner, and thus, it's exit.

That's how i do it, at least, but i'm not amazing with my times, etc. And my technique could be wrong anyway!

I'm doing it like this mate, i initially was braking to late and the car was all over. I'm learning the car has to going at a constant rate. So doing my best to carry the speed as much as poss through the apex. I managed to take get a 2.20.2 at bathurst in a cosworth. Not great but took it down from 2.25.6.

I'm doing it like this mate, i initially was braking to late and the car was all over. I'm learning the car has to going at a constant rate. So doing my best to carry the speed as much as poss through the apex. I managed to take get a 2.20.2 at bathurst in a cosworth. Not great but took it down from 2.25.6.

Some night during the week we must drive together! Which F1 mods do you have and like???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back