RDRC S5 Round 1 - Rally de Monaco (2nd - 5th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6th place in RDRC-2. Can't say I'm very satisfied with it because I thought I'd done better after the rally. Gap to 3rd place is about 1min30s so not very much. Could've easily got that with less ****ing around.

Why is Andrew included in RDRC-2 although he's a grade 1 driver? Rules state:
Any Grade 1 driver wishing to participate in a RDRC-2 car will only be able to be awarded overall points, as they will be excluded from the WRC-2 championship
Alasdair isn't included although he has RDRC-2 eligible car too... :O_o:

ExtraLife SimSports

After round one of RDRC, ExtraLife SimSports was very dissapointed with their results, which could easily be seen by looking on the expression of Åcerclinth when we caught up to him standing on the side of the road on the way between SS1 and SS2. Both Åcerclinth and Kjäll spent more time out of the car than in the car for the time they had to try and get to the next stage but they couldn't get their Alfa going.

Afterwards it was found out that a misstake on SS1 had hurt the bonnit which allowed the snow falling from the heaven get onto the engine wiring which killed the engine. There were a chance for Åcerclinth and Kjäll continue but as Wang also had trouble but was better placed in the event they decided to use the limited spare parts for Wangs car.

Meanwhile Wang also had trouble and was dissapointed with how his rally went. He managed to finish but had a lot of trouble, mainly caused by misstakes made by himself.

Åcerclinth said "I'm very dissapointed as it felt like we could have done very well as I was 3rd fastest on SS1 but unforunatly it was not to be. I'm happy that at least JJ managed to finish the rally, it was a very hard one." He continued "We will be back for Rally Norway to show everyone that this will not be repeated, we will be traveling to Alfas' plants in Italy to try and find a way to secure the wiring better as Norway will have the same possiblity of problems.

ExtraLife SimSports would like to congratulate all finishers and runners in the Rally!

Here is a video of Åcerclinth/Kjäll on SS1:

6th place in RDRC-2. Can't say I'm very satisfied with it because I thought I'd done better after the rally. Gap to 3rd place is about 1min30s so not very much. Could've easily got that with less ****ing around.

Why is Andrew included in RDRC-2 although he's a grade 1 driver? Rules state:

Alasdair isn't included although he has RDRC-2 eligible car too... :O_o:
Because I made a mistake :D

EDIT: fixed Andrew not being in the correct class, one more point for me :p

Thanks

i didnt win then..? :whistling:

Edit: I just watched my 2nd run on Peklo, I was driving THAT slow that the virtual spectators, as I was approaching raised their hands to cheer... but as I passed they put their hands back down without cheering in disgust.

I mean ffs it's bad when make believe spectators cant even be assed to clap. I fear I may need to go back to my crash on every stage approach for next rally.

i guess magnar,craig jani nylander and viestusare are not in RDRC3 as well they are grade 1 if im not wrong here.

I believe that its only the RDRC-2 championship that we cannot compete in as we are grade 1
Rules say RDRC-3 is fine
So we have to drive faster Andrew to gain some overall points ;)

DOH you answered before me !!!

So the first rally as independent driver with the Samara has been a huge failure. During the very first stage something gone terribly wrong with electronics, we barely made it to the finish and while we were driving to SS2 Samara just died and refused to start again. So after finished only one stage, which was terrible as well, we had to retire already. Really unlucky, not to mention that I was looking forward for way more better start of the season. Oh well, now we are trying to find the problem and fix it for the next rally, hope we can manage to do so.. Otherwise we might need to attend the rally as spectators.

Thanks for the rally though, great organization, great amount of drivers, hope it only gets better. Good luck guys. :)

Pretty happy with 5th in RDRC-3 and 30th o/a.

Had a few issues along the way, plus the exceptional turn out in the class, both numbers and talent, mean for me this is a pretty solid start!

Good to see me and Tom Peters were pretty close at the end, pretty much confirming my move to R3 was a good one! Considering we both had DNF's on SS1 & 2 there was only 21s between us in the end! And the added bonus of second on the Power Stage ,less than half a second to 1st on that stage as well!

Thanks to all!
Sion - BobSport (Wales)

I thought I'd better do a more expanded report.

1st loop - After discovering a fault with the cars brake pedal mechanism as early as stage 1 I was quite pleased to get through the toughest loop relatively unscathed with the only issues being 2 spins on SS1.

2nd loop - The good run continued with only the occasional pedal induced lock up to contend with. I still have a lot to learn with this car however, particularly the gearing. I'm either hitting the rev limiter or changing up too early. More practice methinks.

3rd loop - Probably my favourite 2 stages in this loop. I really like Peklo and Mlynky. I do find Joux Verte's endless bloody hairpins kinda boring though. Especially in this car instead of a WRC. Everything went ok however.

4th loop - Survived Peklo despite another pedal mishap causing a visit to the scenery and tootled up the hill in Joux Verte with no problems. The pedal issues became much more severe on the 2nd Mlynky with 2 lock ups causing barrel rolls down the hillside. This meant a car with all 4 wheels pointing in 4 different directions. This also meant a slow crawl through the final stage.

Overall I think I can sum it up with a quote from Roger Clark when being interviewed about his new Triumph TR7 V8 - " Well the car's quick. If I can learn to drive it we'll be alright "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back