RDRC S3 Round 3 - Rallye Terre De L'Auxerrois (27 Aug - 31 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, a short even for me. I knew I had less-than-appaling pace, spent some time practicing today, but it didn't work as planned.

On SS1 I set a reasonable time, but disaster struck as soon as SS2. Instead of Limbo RSRBR loaded Cote d'Arbroz, original, tarmac one. I tested it offline two hours later, and it loaded it fine on SS4 too, so I didn't know WTH. Decided to work it out after the event, but this combined with the commotion almost literally over my head (I did my best trying not to go into rage mode because of that) caused me making a mistake, going off hard on SS3, damaging the FL suspension and a radiator. At that point I just wanted to cool down and drive to the finish line, but since RSRBR loaded Limbo correctly this time I was facing 9kms of flat-out gravel with a punctured radiator...

Tried to do it just going as fast as possible, but the engine died (along with the battery, apparently I've damaged the alternator as well) less than a kilometre before the finish line. I didn't want to just drive, as I already had some uncompetitive RBR time earlier today and all that shenanigans would just make me angry instead of letting me enjoy the ride.

So it's seems that the trusty N11 simply broke down despite preparations more thorough than usual. That means I need to step my game up if I don't want to be far, far behind in Production standings.

Well, maybe my powersliding, handbrake-heavy driving style on Bisanne will be at least featured for a brief moment in the vid later :)
Also I was able to more or less keep the pace of the WRCs that were with me in the session in SS4's third sector despite having a fudged up suspension :D

Not the best outing, first 2 stages started out well but on the second run through Bisanne I caught a tree at almost walking pace but it still decided to knack the clutch which meant the rest of the day was pretty slow.
2nd day started better, a clean if slow run through the dark and then 2 more cleanish runs in bad weather with only a couple of minor bumps.
Of course that meant I got cocky and with the conditions drying i thought i was superman only to prang it on the first stage of the afternoon and rip the radiator out. Things seemed to be ok, managed to finish that stage and start the next one strong with plenty of pace but 3/4 of the way through the constant hairpins obviously took their toll and the engine unceremoniously quit on me forcing me to retire, you would have thought with all the pissing rain about it would have kept it topped up but it wasn't to be.
Rather annoyed I headed in to the final stage proper with a bit of red mist and sure enough trying to go that fast just ended up in an almighty roll through the countryside, unbelievably and with every panel on the car dented it still ran fine..... why couldn't this have happened earlier i ask myself...... and so I finished the stage as sideways as possible!
Could have been better but it was fun all the same.
Thanks to the organisers and RD and well done to everyone who competed.

Replays

Does anyone know how to play the replays from the BTB Stages from this rally??
I've been trying to watch my replays, tried using the normal method, tried RBR.dll, but still haven't had any success. :confused::confused:

I just end up with car the floating in mid air, or I get a scenic view of the countryside, the sound of the car, but can't see the car or track. :eek:

Does anyone know how to play the replays from the BTB Stages from this rally??
I've been trying to watch my replays, tried using the normal method, tried RBR.dll, but still haven't had any success. :confused::confused:

I just end up with car the floating in mid air, or I get a scenic view of the countryside, the sound of the car, but can't see the car or track. :eek:
I was chatting to Nigel about this last night and was told that you have to watch your replay immediately after you finnish the stage, apparently you can't save the replay and watch it later - I'm going to try watching the replay and using Fraps to record it so I can save it.

Pete

I was chatting to Nigel about this last night and was told that you have to watch your replay immediately after you finnish the stage, apparently you can't save the replay and watch it later - I'm going to try watching the replay and using Fraps to record it so I can save it.

Pete

The replay actually seems to run after recording, it just seems to be the camera positions, maybe. I am hoping that there are some options that allow you to move the camera positions somehow, but I haven't found them yet.

Congratulations Nigel, what a result for you. Your first RD RBR win, and against such esteemed competition. I know you have been working hard for this, so it is well deserved. :thumb:
Great result for Mark (I knew it wouldn't be long before you regained your old form), and Gabor.

Grats to Simone, Norman, Nico, and Troy for their Class wins.

It's great to see so many new names on the podium this year, noone seems to be dominating yet, so it bodes well for a good competition in all of the Classes.

The WRC cars didn't totally have their own way this round, with Simone and Magnar keeping close to their pace in Production Class cars.
Nico and Christopher delivered extraordinary results for Rookie Class, promotions imminent there.

Stage wins were fairly well shared too, although Nigel was clearly dominant. I was very surprised to pinch Stage wins on both Rallycross Stages :eek:.

Huge thanks to Norman for his excellent and efficient posting of results, now that I have seen his clever software, I can appreciate how he is managing this task. :thanks:
Thanks again to Rick and the RDRC Organising team, 61 drivers says it all really. :thanks:

Thanks to all drivers, lets hope this level of participation continues. :cool:

Well, not a good outing for the N11s. At least Olli was close to represent the Group N cars in the points.

Congrats to class winners.

A lot of great results in there. Nice margin for Nigel, Great job on the rallycross stage Warren, a stage win for Michael Hammond too :trophy:
Niko, Christopher and Troy are very high on the table, wow :eek:. Faster than some WRC, and the majority of Production cars. Kudos.

Wow, very surprised and happy with the results after the last one didn't go to plan for me. Awesome result by Nigel and a very well deserved win after a lot of hard work, congrats to all the class and stage winners, production class is going to be next to impossible to make a podium this season with a plethora of Alien's now.

I'm looking forward to the Finland stages next round, see everyone in couple of weeks.

Cheers Al

I must say, I am very surprised to have won the Junior class, I didn't feel like I was pushing hard at all but I guess just taking it easy and not crashing worked well. Congrats to Jeff and Aaron for filling the podium, real shame Jeff retired on SS8 otherwise he probably would have won the whole thing.

Congrats to Nigel, Norman, Simone, and Niko for surviving and winning your respective classes, and Thank You Rick and Norman and the rest of the RDRC crew for your hard work.

WOOP WOOP :D:D:D

My 1st overall win feels great and although i prepeared the same for all 3 rounds i manged to keep my confidence up and nerves at bay this round, the win feels awsome and to take it by 55secs with only tiny mistakes no CFH`s gives me great confidence to try for more wins.

Grats to the other class winners :cool:

And thanks to Norman for the speedy results and points tables :thumbup:

I will now let me old m8`s Ren & Stimpy show you my feelings :party::party::party:

Well, not a good outing for the N11s. At least Olli was close to represent the Group N cars in the points.

I'm getting a bit confused here :s
There are only points for the first 10 overall am i right? I think Olli was around 29 position...
Making me confused Senad. :p

Congrats Nigel, but when i read yr report i already knew you'd win. Seeing such a report with Pb here and pb there it shows you knew the target time for every stage. Congrats.
Do you practice daily?

greets

I don't think you get points for that. Only overall there's 10 spots to get points, the first ten.

Norman and me are with 3 others in one class, we would get constant points if it was like that, i think...

Ugh... still very angry at my performance as well as RBR crashing on 2 stages. But atleast I didn't finish last. Good job to Niko getting 19th overall. Will be interesting to see that My Little Pony car in the highlights :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%