RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I wouldn't touch something that works as well as our tournament here and the rally club. I may be too cautious, but there is the saying: "Never change a winning team" isn't there. For me, if we just go on like this with a bit more of a gap between tournament series, I am thoroughly happy.

nuff said. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. i agree with the above, variety is sufficient with the rally club events imo.

Whilst the Club Rallies provide a good level of entertainment and fun for some, the ever changing cars, tracks and weather conditions aren't always a suitable a platform for developing a cars performance or a drivers ability. I'm trying to improve my sim driving skills and feel that being able to drive one particular car would be most helpful. Being able to drive a group B car over a series would be more attractive to me than having three weeks of different cars over different stages with varying climatic conditions.

I would be happy to join an organizing team to run a 'B' series or any other form of series that has the consistency car wise that the current Championship rounds offer.

Pete

Whilst the Club Rallies provide a good level of entertainment and fun for some, the ever changing cars, tracks and weather conditions aren't always a suitable a platform for developing a cars performance or a drivers ability. I'm trying to improve my sim driving skills and feel that being able to drive one particular car would be most helpful. Being able to drive a group B car over a series would be more attractive to me than having three weeks of different cars over different stages with varying climatic conditions.

right, and this is what the rdrc already does... but currently without group b....
so, you're only going to improve if you can constantly drive a group b?
curious.

personally I wouldn't touch something that works as well as our tournament here and the rally club. I may be too cautious, but there is the saying: "Never change a winning team" isn't there. For me, if we just go on like this with a bit more of a gap between tournament series, I am thoroughly happy.

nuff said. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. i agree with the above, variety is sufficient with the rally club events imo.

I,m not asking for ANYTHING to change with the format we use, so i don't get it why would you be against it ???? No one is forcing anyone to drive 2 championships, its only an addition to those who would like to do it......:confused:

Wait, second what?

I understood it as being just another car class you could drive in. Same events, same everything, just two runs in two classes for people who feel like it. That I have no problem with.
But now three people in a row mention two championships. :confused:

And just a reminder that this championship is still looking for someone to take care of the session and results work :tongue:

It's a matter of wording only Senad, nothing else. In principle it would be just like another class but it would have to be totally seperate points wise, so why not to call it "championship" ?
I wouldn't imagine it would bring too much extra work as it would use existing sessions but i may be wrong on that as i was never involved in that kind of work.

@Eckhard
Thx for your concern but i can really decide for myself if i want to run in two championships simultaneously or not. I personally think it wouldn't take attention away from the main event at all. The stages would be the same so no much extra practice needed if any.

It's a matter of wording only Senad, nothing else. In principle it would be just like another class but it would have to be totally seperate points wise, so why not to call it "championship" ?

Because the C in RDRC stands for championship? :D
As I see it, Pete and Eckhart are definitely talking about a separate championship; Pete is saying 2 championship and 2 club events, and Eckhart is filling up the gap between RDRC seasons.

I wouldn't imagine it would bring too much extra work as it would use existing sessions but i may be wrong on that as i was never involved in that kind of work.

If Norman was in charge, it probably wouldn't be too much trouble. But with him gone, who knows.

Thx for your concern but i can really decide for myself if i want to run in two championships simultaneously or not.
wasn't concerned about individual players but about the admins. If a player overdoes it and quits, so what? If the admins overdo it and the series stalls it will hurt us all. @Senad: how very wise to bring up the open post: first things first :) and it will be damn hard to find someone on Norman's level, let alone someone at all.

Whenever I try to slow down from high speed sections and stay for a bit on the brakes, they look up and I fly off the road.

Are the standard brake bias that deadly for FWD cars? I was told I should reduce the pressure on the rear brakes until they are 0.1 rear and 0.9 front, and not touch the front pressure in the setup screen.

Whenever I try to slow down from high speed sections and stay for a bit on the brakes, they look up and I fly off the road.

Are the standard brake bias that deadly for FWD cars? I was told I should reduce the pressure on the rear brakes until they are 0.1 rear and 0.9 front, and not touch the front pressure in the setup screen.

David, I wouldn't recommend 90/10 bias for gravel stages, only go that far for tarmac.
For gravel, I'd suggest somewhere around 70/30 (maybe even down to 60/40) but try reducing both pressures to minimise brake lock ups. Alternatively, take it more easy on the brake pressure by braking earlier but more gradually. One other option is to add more curve to your brake filter settings (I do this).

For most Hokkaido stages, I settled with 0.2/0.8 brake bias. Early depends on how early I notice what corner I am flying into:tongue:

Curve? Haven't tried that yet. Is thatr around the same place?

Warren mentioned the 'curve' a few times... naturally being a thick Irish dude, I ignored him. Last time he mentioned I thought I would have a wee look and try messing with it. Big difference (thanks Warren). I now hang on his every yoda-like word...(no pressure big lad =o)

Warren mentioned the 'curve' a few times... naturally being a thick Irish dude, I ignored him. Last time he mentioned I thought I would have a wee look and try messing with it. Big difference (thanks Warren). I now hang on his every yoda-like word...(no pressure big lad =o)

Geez John, what is the world coming to when a thick Irish dude ignores a thick, antiqated dinosaur Aussie? :rolleyes:
Glad it helped, but I wouldn't rely on me to get you to the top in this Sim, I'm still hopeless outclassed by the aliens here. I think I'm pretty competitive with the over 60's brigade though, maybe they will introduce an "old farts" class/grade in the next Season. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%