RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tervaniemi is Finnish and Limo is Swedish :tongue:
It could be the "Østfoldrally"-stages that were uloaded here a couple of years ago he means.

But again - I am known for being wrong :tongue:

And Eckhart is German.

He's obviously referring to a stage used in the championship, and with the 17km number, I'm fairly confident he meant Tervaniemi. Especially since that one was thrown out because some people couldn't run it properly.

This would be before my time here, I guess. I have only been in the series for a year or so now :tongue:

So, just wanted to say that I haven't raced for a while now. It's not because of this series, it's been handled extremely well, but I just can't find the motivation to practice anymore. Getting sort of tired of racing games just now. It is more than enough for me to practice for the endurance races in LMS here. So, I will return, I just don't know when :)

So, just wanted to say that I haven't raced for a while now. It's not because of this series, it's been handled extremely well, but I just can't find the motivation to practice anymore. Getting sort of tired of racing games just now. It is more than enough for me to practice for the endurance races in LMS here. So, I will return, I just don't know when :)

Best wishes Ole, enjoy your break and I hope we see you sometime. Don't forget that you are always welcome in our Rally Club events, no need for serious practice for those. :peace:

I would like to make a suggestion for the next season of RDRC to include group B cars as independent Historic Rally Championship open to anyone regardless of grade and participation ( or non participation ) in the " normal " RDRC, to be run on the same stages and dates as to minimize the admins and drivers workload with it.

What do you think guys? I would love to run those beasts in " Championship Mode " and not just for occasional club rally fun, it would be the ultimate challenge and homage to all those insanely brave souls who drove those cars. :)

I would like to make a suggestion for the next season of RDRC to include group B cars as independent Historic Rally Championship open to anyone regardless of grade and participation ( or non participation ) in the " normal " RDRC, to be run on the same stages and dates as to minimize the admins and drivers workload with it.

What do you think guys? I would love to run those beasts in " Championship Mode " and not just for occasional club rally fun, it would be the ultimate challenge and homage to all those insanely brave souls who drove those cars. :)

I'd certainly be supportive of this - I think it's a great idea.

Pete

I would like to make a suggestion for the next season of RDRC to include group B cars as independent Historic Rally Championship

Sounds like a fun idea. It would need to be totally independent of the main championship though, these cars are waaaay faster than the others. Unfortunately, all the cars within the Group B Class are very different in performance too, but that might be able to be offset if the Stages are very mixed with many tight ones to offset the faster ones.

I know that is what Dariusz means, but I have added this in case others weren't aware.

count me in :rally:

After having a look through the posts here and in the S4 ideas thread I find it interesting that this idea has come up. There was no interest when I brought it up before (including by some that are showing support here) so what is different?

After having a look through the posts here and in the S4 ideas thread I find it interesting that this idea has come up. There was no interest when I brought it up before (including by some that are showing support here) so what is different?

The difference is that people may thought of it as another class of cars taking away drivers from the " normal " RDRC or from the club rallies if run in beetwen seasions. I,m thinking of it as an addition to " normal " RDRC for those who want to run 2 championships simultaneously or for those who only want to do group B. Totally independent in scoring but shadowing the main event with stages choice so no extra work needed in setting it up.

There may also be another option for this suggestion.

I have been considering a mini series as part of the Rally Club Events. Nothing too serious, but basically a series of Club style Rallys across each country (each Round to be 8 stages of a default country, moving to the next country for Round 2 etc). Each Rally will be a separate Club Rally as normal, but we allocate a basic points system for each Round towards an overall Series Cup.
This could be held each 2nd Club Rally and would be independent of the RDRC, so it wouldn't interfere with the main Championship.

My thoughts were to use one car class for the series, something a little different to the RDRC classes, so my plan was to go for the RWD cars (or maybe even only one of them). I've broached the idea with Rick and Senad, but have been waiting to see which cars will be used for the next RDRC Season. I guess we could also consider using Group B instead of RWD cars, depends which is more popular.

I wasn't planning on this being a serious Championship though, more of a continuous series of Club Rallys which would be kept as informal as normal Club Rallys.

Maybe this is an option if we don't want to have a serious Championship in Group B. I'm happy either way.

personally I wouldn't touch something that works as well as our tournament here and the rally club. I may be too cautious, but there is the saying: "Never change a winning team" isn't there. For me, if we just go on like this with a bit more of a gap between tournament series, I am thoroughly happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%