RDRC S2 - Round 2 - Alpine Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo again podium :D And this time with a stage win!

Congrats to the other podium finishers, but I must say:

BIG congrats (and a bow) to Jakub, apperantly he drive the second part of the rally with tarmac tires and didn't crash off on the other stages, very impressive!

Very glad with 4th in class. I knew my pace was good enough for some points, and I would have been disappointed if I didn't make it to the top 10 again, but I didn't know I'd end up with such a good position.

Had a clean rally in general. I think the Monte mod is really fitting with my careful and consistant driving style in fact. Only a couple of half-spins sometimes(most of them at Joux Plane). Biggest off moment was a big hit with a rock at the end of SS10. I didn't lose much time immediately, but it did damage my front left and made the car feel very odd in SS11 and 12. Nothing too much serious, just switching to the "careful" mod at the end and that's it.

I'm glad I have my good rallys in championship, but I guess that's mainly because I don't bother with serious practice in club.

See you at next round everyone.

I did DQ, but nevertheless it was nice to see that I was really close to the top already. Back to the lab now and eyes towards the next rally.

Super thanks to organizing team for providing this great league for us, in short time RBR has become maybe my favourite sim!

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooo!!! 1st place is like best dream!!!
It was fantastic rally, 1st round - computer issues and retirement because of that and now 1st place, thanks guys for a good drive and I'm looking foward to Rally of Coast Harbour

Wow, stage win! At last there's something good in it. :)

I only needed not so much to get soime points in my class. If I hadn't had one CFH, I would have been score point. But, I'm so happy with that stage win, and I will try to build on it in the next few rallys. :)

Congratulations for everybody who completed this rally! :)

I,m well satisfied with my drive, 5th was not i had expected before the start. I couldn't bring myself to practice, had only 1 run on each stage more then a week ago and given the severity of MC mod i was expecting out of points finish. Maybe that was the key as i had to be very careful, only 1 CFH & 5 spins, no DNFs. I've also learned an important lesson; the default setups we very wrong, shame i only discovered this at the end. Before the start of my 2nd run through Alps i accidentally looked at the diff and suspension settings given by the game and they were very different to what the game was giving me at all the other stages. So for my last stage i copy them and the car become a different beast, so much easier to drive. I wished i had done more reserch in setups before the start, i think i could've easly shaved 2min of my total time.

Congrats to the podium finishes in both classes, WD all drivers.
Thx to the Addmins & RD, see you on gravel next round guys.

I've also learned an important lesson; the default setups we very wrong, shame i only discovered this at the end. Before the start of my 2nd run through Alps i accidentally looked at the diff and suspension settings given by the game and they were very different to what the game was giving me at all the other stages. So for my last stage i copy them and the car become a different beast, so much easier to drive.

Yeah, I was suspecting the Monte setups to be somewhat off, so I just copy-pasted my "uber" tarmac setup (default tarmac with lock/brakes tweaked ;)) and used it on all of the stages. Apart from the brakes locking up momentarily (set for dry tarmac and I couldn't be bothered to change them ;)) it wasn't too bad.

Yeah, I was suspecting the Monte setups to be somewhat off, so I just copy-pasted my "uber" tarmac setup (default tarmac with lock/brakes tweaked ;)) and used it on all of the stages. Apart from the brakes locking up momentarily (set for dry tarmac and I couldn't be bothered to change them ;)) it wasn't too bad.

This shows how different we all are in this Sim. :wink:
I did the opposite. I was having problems getting grip at Alps with Snow tyres, and did the same comparison as Daruisz, noting the big differences in default setups. So, I tried the default Monte setup (which i used for all Monte Stages) on Alps and found it much better. So, I used the default Monte setup (with minor brake adjustment) for my Alps runs. :)

Maybe the different cars had something to do with it.

Absolutely delighted with my 10th overall and 3rd in class.
Didn't do that much practice,actually only ran the Alpes stage twice about 2hrs before Rally start.Maybe that made me more careful and i concentrated on the notes more.
Only major dramas i had were in Joux plane 2,a stage i have done a couple of times now,i thought i will push in this stage and paid the price with two big spins-one only 0.02 from stage end.Luckily no damage.
Played it safe and ran snow tyres the whole rally,though i did raise the ride height of the car slightly to get a bit more weight transfer happening,as well as softening of the bars and springs.
Big thanks to Rick and his organising commitee,great rally with some testing stages(Bisanne) and well done to all podium finishers.
Looking fwd to Coffs Harbour ,where i predict the speed of the WRC and S2000 cars will leave us poor Gp N lagging a little.

Cheers Kev.

Well done to everyone that drive in this round. The monte Mod is a hard one and makes for a difficult rally.

As for the setups for Alps and any other BTB stages. When you create a BTB stage you get to choose the default tyres (snow/Gravel/Tarmac) and that ALSO sets the default setup. So anyone that didn't change their setups were using a setup suited to the first round, not the monte mod.

Well done with your clever tyre strategy, Jakub. It seems to have paid off handsomely as your winning margin was made entirely in the two Alps Stages. Good thinking. :thumb:

However, you achived that with brilliant driving skills, to run tarmac tyres for Bisanne was a huge gamble and only a very good driver could pull that off. I actually tried a test run at Bisanne using tarmacs, and I struggled hugely to complete the stage. So, I opted for the safety of Snow tyres.

Well done again, a combination of good strategy combined with great driving skills. :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back