RDRC S2 - Round 1 - Rally of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,m finally done with my run:beer: and given the circumstances i'm reasonably pleased :). After all my pc troubles i,m happy i was able to do it at all. All this meant i couldn't join my TBR mates for their practice runs over the weekend and i went in blind. My only goal was not to have any DNF's so i was very very careful ( and slow:D ) but i've succeeded:cool:.Case of consistency over speed:tongue::D:D.

SS.1 very very careful & slow
SS.2 ok..ish
SS.3 went off the track at 2nd corner & susp. broken with steering off to the left:mad:, not a good combination on Mlynky, big time loss
SS.4 with the broken susp. i trashed the car futher with 2 big off's, lots of time lost
SS.5 a bit better run
SS.6 was taken for interrogation by the Police for killing a spectator:wink:
SS.7 Mlynky at night was the worst combination in this rally for me so very very careful, no major off's :)
SS.8 look above..:redface:
Last 4 stages i could relax a bit, have done some runs on it in the past so it was easier, no major off's :).

I've reached my goal for this rally, no DNF's & CFH, could have been quite a bit faster with practice but there you go...:tongue:

Made it...just!! Got through SS1 but made a few tragic mistakes and took ages to get to the finish, by the time I did the clock must have rolled over for the SS2 start so was bumped straight to SS3............doh!!
Managed to sort of get it together by the end of the rally but had lost way too much time in the first 8 stages.
Still - given I got RSRBR, the car pack, updates, and tracks installed with about 15 mins to go before the final OC event I consider myself lucky to have competed at all - well done all and see ya's for the next rally.

Overall Rally Results

[Click on the image to make it larger]

Congrats to our winners, Sebastien in the Premier, and Helder in the Champions league :trophy:

Stage wins
Sebastien Levret (P): 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Gabor Tim (P): 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Helder Moreira (C): 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Jakub Sulej (P): 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Oscar Hardwick (C): 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Ole Marius Myrvold (C): 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Roy Magnes (C): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Mark Johnston (P): 1 stage win :star:
Ryan Callan (C): 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to all who participated, making this the biggest grid I've ever seen :). And thanks to Rick for organizing the whole thing.

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to me at senad.subasic@gmail.com , or upload them to http://www.speedyshare.com
:thanks:

Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

A championship debut with mixed results for me. I decided late last night that I would drive today, and downloaded the plugin and the carset. And when I came home from work today I found that it was somehow corrupted and not able to install, so I had to use another 2 hours to download and install. This gave me no time to test, and as the first stage started it turned out I had the french codriver. This is a slight problem on the stages I did not know, as I do not understand french :tongue:

SS1: Quite okay, struggeled a bit with the default setup

SS2: When the first stage was done, I ended up in the folder of the game ( since I had barely gotten it up and running in time, it was open). One way or another I managed to start the game from here, with the result of a retirement on the stage that did not start for another 3 minutes... Bummer.

SS3: I have not driven this stage more than 2-3 times, on dry tarmac. With a codriver I did not understand this ended up with 2 heavy rolls with CFH, and a massive timeloss.

SS4: With a badly damaged car I slid off the road and did hit a tree, resulting in a slipping clutch for the rest of the stage. Still I was second fastest on the stage of tonights group :)

SS5: Got a slide and cracked the oilpump against a barrel on the second loop. My fault entirely. And the second retired stage.

SS6: Fastest overall of the group on this one :)

SS7: Only one CFH this time, still not easy with pacenotes I do not understand...

SS8: Second overall, but cathcing time on the leader of the S2000-group of tonight.

SS9: Again second fastest, 4 seconds behind the WRC and 44 before the second S2000.

SS10: Second fastest overall on this one aswell.

SS11: Second time through Sikakama, 10 seconds faster than the first run, and overall fastest by some 3 seconds tonight. I might make a video of this stage :)

SS12: Again second fastest overall, and wit this I did catch 3min 30sec on the winning car of S2000 tonight. Looking forward to see the results in total, I think the second half of the rally was quite good on my own behalf :)

Next rally, though, I will be back with a scandinavian codriver and a game I know is working fine :tongue:

A big congrats to the podium winners in both classes :D
That's a huge number of entrants; this is going to be a great season I'm sure.
As for me; only two mistakes of any note, the rest pretty tidy. I'm definitely learning to enjoy the snow too.
Thanks to the organisers and see you all for the next round :cool:

Woot, 7th out of 32 in C League, and an S2000 stage win on Mlynky plenty to improve on, like not losing 3 minutes right off the bat, but that satisfies me for now :).

Many thanks to the organisers, I know how much effort goes in to these things :)

Well I am very pleased with my performance on this rally, I was sure, had trained well all week and knew I could do a clean rally, without mistakes, did not expect much consistency because I am new in RDRC and RBR, much less be fast, although nervous as it was my second Rally in RDRC (did one in RDRC S1) I feel that I overcame my own expectations, and that makes me happy. :) Congratulations to all who finished this tough challenge, especially to the podium in both classes.
Above all, the greatest thanks for the excellent organization of the RDRC and your organizers, thanks for organizing one of the best leagues of the RD, in my opinion, the rally gained a new fan :) thanks to this amazing simulator/mod RSRBR, I'm really enjoying the rally driving :rally: and now also follow closely on the TV the performance of real drivers on IRC and waiting for the WRC. :cool:

Now I put here 2 replays of my rally:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26491763/Replay_-_Rally_Norway.rar

THANK YOU ! ! !

Congrats to our winners!!! sure the rally was fun and for 53 drivers! WOW thats a lot imagine if this game lines up all the drivers before the start that would be EPIC! or even taking a class picture off all the drivers and their cars haha!

very please with my result 13th overall :)

also to Helder amazing pace with the N class car :)

and lastly thanks you to all the organizers!

Your car must be stop to CFH, you can not CFH if you are flying out of the track on a ditch

yup though sometimes while off track we can just drive back at the road..well try to get back at the road for 10sec or so, so if we can calculate that it would take less than 20/30sec to get back on the road its better to do that rather than cfh :D

And sometimes it can take an eternity for the car to come to a full stop!
true! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back