RD GP Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great race.
In Quali I couldn't get the ultimate lap that I had sectors for, but never the less 2nd with 1:17.5, 5 thousandths ahead of Alexandre. Close between the top 5.
The start went well for me, although I was waiting for a formation lap, which didn't happen. Off the grid I got a great launch compared to David and took the lead. I managed to build up a 2 second gap to 2nd which was crucial. Alexandre pushed me very hard and was closing me down a few tenths a lap. He got pretty close to me around the middle of the race but a mistake put him around 2 seconds behind me again. Around 10 minutes to go mark he closed me down again and overtook me on the straight. I managed to get the lead back on the next lap and due to Alexandre making a bigger mistake, which gave me a 5 second cushion to him, I could finally relax a bit.
Excellent and hard race.
Few uncomfortable moments with backmarkers ignoring blue flags, although they are displayed very early.

I was taken out in the the first lap. Loosing my rear wing and my rear suspension was damaged as I was hit from behind. :mad:
Nursed my car back to the pit. When I came back on track I was 2 laps back.
I was behind a group who were a fraction slower than I could drive, but they were battling for position, so no one letting me unlap myself. Then I started to get blue with penalties. :confused: I really had had it and forgot to break and turn in the long lefter....

Thanks guys for the race. Things didn't work out for me.

Q: 1.19.001. 7th place, 2 tenths off my best but still quite some margin to the top 5 or 6.
R: Very clean from my POV, good start. Jonas from 8th was better and after things settled i was in behind him. We had a great battle for the whole race, swapping places every now and then. I was 7th and Jonas behind, we were well clear of 9th/10th when the "10 minutes left" mesage came up heading towards the hairpin...then my game completely froze. Screen went black but you could still hear my car. I waited around pressing ALT TAB et cetera and eventually it came back, right in front of Jonas again!!...but this tme a lap behind. I was now 11th. i let him pass and just followed him home. i had to stay close in case someone in front made a mistake and i could sneak a spot...which is what happened :D
Then Jonas and i slowed as we thought the race was over?? I'm sure it was.
Now we both have DNF's for entering the pits and garage a lap early it seems.

Despite Jonas side swiping me once, 1st turn (don't worry about it m8 :) ), it was very clean as at times there was only a sheet of paper between us :thumbsup:

Thanks RD, Bram, Reiza and all that raced.
Congrats to the podium dudes, very very quick!

Well done Ivar taking the win! :cool:

Group 2 was very tough. Nearly the whole field lapping me, blue flags all race, hopefully I didn't cause any problems for anyone. Tried very hard to give way at appropriate places to avoid causing any incidents. Was about 3 seconds off top qualy times, and in race was trying to conserve tyres in the hope people were going to pit. Didn't happen, lol

Roll on round 2, and hopefully some closer racing :)

I was taken out in the the first lap. Loosing my rear wing and my rear suspension was damaged as I was hit from behind. :mad:
Very sorry about that. Had a jump start and got a stop go penalty for this. Had no key assigned regarding box menu. Got me confused as well as distracted so I did not expect you to break at that point and did hit hard. :cry: Could not serve penality, either. First stopped, they changed my tires, thought it may have been only a drive through -> DQ.

Very sorry about that. Had a jump start and got a stop go penalty for this. Had no key assigned regarding box menu. Got me confused as well as distracted so I did not expect you to break soon and did hit hard. :cry: Could not serve penality, either. First stopped, they changed my tires, thought it may have been only a drive through -> DQ.
im pointing this out to not just you but everyone, you guys can never "not expect that driver to brake so soon" seriously, that is exactly what causes crashes, you have to expect drivers to brake early, i done it for the whole race behind Jari and he done the same, we never touched once, apart from me being slow on the exit of 1 corner.

just bare that in mine :)

[quote="Thomas Stauer, post: 1192082, member: 132464Got me confused as well as distracted so I did not expect you to break soon and did hit hard.[/quote]

Ofcourse I breaked sooner, as there were cars around and I needed to be conciderate. Race start.... heavy car... cold tyres.... other people have different lines and break points......

Breaking points really!! Come on guys there is no rule that says you have to brake at 100 metre mark... So a driver can brake when he wants for a corner.. You that followers must be safe and brake early than what you would normally.. And guys really when someone makes a move make sure you give each oter space... No use you cut him off but next corner you would have anyway had inside line... I was playing really safe in start managed to get jump on team mate "So Scott Saw my arse for once" :D Then turn 1 he was inside gave him room to take position as I knew I was just going to slow him down had some early battles and then mid way was a very lonely race 13 seconds ahead and 10 seconds behind... Decided to do the opposit stratergy to my team mate and take no tyres.. Last 4 laps I was still putting constant laps but it was 21 secs :( my team mate then passed me on 3rd last lap but he spun on new tyres Sorry Scott that made my day :) So ended 4th Well done all who entered and made pitched for the race :thumbsup: Thanks Bram and RD

Hi guys. I want to apologyse to the guys i get involved with, one of them i know it was Antonia. Sorry mate. Sorry to the other guys as well and sorry for not remember your name.

About the race, it was so bad. Spun a couple of times, and wasn't near competitive, thats the result of not having time to practise. I don't know if i will be able to attend the next one, but i will inform in time.

Hi guys. I want to apologyse to the guys i get involved with, one of them i know it was Antonia. Sorry mate. Sorry to the other guys as well and sorry for not remember your name.

No worries Diogo:). I had lifted off the throttle on the exit of the corner as the car infront off lost traction and I didn't want to run into him!! It caused my car to step out on me and you had very little time to react.

You didn't have to wait for me either as I didn't feel it was intentional, but thank you anyway:). My apologies for spinning infront of you later in the lap!! I was a little frustrated with myself!!

Had a great race, so glad the season has started again.

Battled with Jason Lancett for most of the race and a couple of times i think we touched tyres because we were both racing so hard. To the point that we were catch people infront of us. His speed in the straight was incredible there was no way to get him on it, i thought id be chasing him all race. Finally managed to go past when he locked up a bit and went wide at the S's only for him to go back infront on the straight. Great racing Jason.

Took a chance on around lap 27 to pit for new boots and went back to 15th. I thought i was a gonna but the new tyres made me around 2 seconds a lap faster than the drivers infront. I managed catch and pass back to 10th where i finished the race.

My Missus Dawn and two sons were watching in the next room and i could hear them shouting when the comentators got my name wrong lol

Reece my 11 yr old is hooked on watching this and cant wait to watch the next round lol

@ Scott, he still dont like you, especially as you beat me lol

Congrat to Bram for the win

Congrats to 2nd and 3rd.

and Congrats to everyone else who made this a great nights racing. Cant wait for round 2.

Then Jonas and i slowed as we thought the race was over?? I'm sure it was.
Now we both have DNF's for entering the pits and garage a lap early it seems.

You were right Bill, I just checked the timestamps on the replay, the race was actually over but then a bug added another lap after the time had gone to 0:00 and Ivan crossed the line..

A word to this battle, I just had a blast to the point where Bill unfortunately had that technical problem.
Untill then however I had one of my best fights in sim racing so far I think :)
Hard racing but very clean and almost the whole time without contact, so I cant wait for the next battle :)

Wow what a race, i set my fastest ever time of 1:18.6 , which got me upto 3rd, a massive far cry from season one when i was position 12 i believe, last Season i finished 8th this time i finished 4th, i have high hopes for this season!

Jari i must thank you so much for your very clean driving, the battles we're a blast and i think we both kept it gentlemenly! (is that a word?) Great stuff and thanks for the entertainment, i hope we can continue these battles

I pitted on Lap 29, due to my front right tyre being so red and bad! ... i came out 7th and worked my way upto 4th with 5 minutes left, made abit of a gap, but then the last corner on the last lap i spin and lose 2 position (i finished 6th) really gutted but these things happen!

i must thank the back markers to, they moved over at the right time without slowing us down or themselves! thank you mike and ken and christoper (it wasn't your fault it was my, i mis-judged the gap there)

Until next week!

i must thank the back markers to, they moved over at the right time without slowing us down or themselves!

Glad you point this out as it was a continuation of last years exceptionally good backmarker behavior. Excellent to drive in a field where people use their mirrors and take such good care of others. Kudos, as some drivers are an example to the rest of the community, big respect :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%