RD GP Championship 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entry list posted.

• You have until Monday to report absence in this thread. After that day I expect you to be present on the grid!
  • If you can't finish a race and escape the server within 10 laps like happened during the last races for a group of people please just sign out of the league and go race in the racing club or something and don't occupy a grid slot that others would love to have.

Quali 7th,

Race
1st before first corner. (Why was everyone so slow on the start?)
3rd after first corner (Still overwhelmed by the rocket start)
1st due to pitstops (decided to go without pitstops)
DNF (after almost 80% complete)

It was one mistake and I tried everything to avoid the crash, but that fkin monoposto sht didn't stop at all. - It's a day later and I'm still angry as hell... Hope to see the V8s back soon.

Brilliant fun doing my first race in the series with such a number of great competitors!

Without really thinking about a serious strategy for the race or having a clue about the tyre management for such a long race, I decided to take it easy and see how things work out.
After the start I soon lost 3 spots and tried my best to keep in contact with Jack, who seemed a bit quicker than me at that point.
There were some moments of great close and clean racing between us in the first half of the race which I enjoyed tremendously.
Unfortunately Jack went a bit wide in one corner and from that point on I was mostly on my own for the rest of the race.

Due to some unfortunate moments or the pit-stops of some of the guys in front of me I was running in second at one time.
Bram, who seemed to be on a mission that night, quickly repassed me after his stop and went on to dominate the grid. :)
Also no point holding up James after his stop, who made quick work of me while I was struggling to keep the car on the track.

From that point on it was only praying the tyres will last, making no unforced driving errors and keeping the distance to Anthony who was running behind in 4th.

Congrats to all finishers on this beautiful but very demanding track! Good, clean racing all around from my point of view.
And Bram clearly needs some extra ballast to optimize his car for the next event! :D

Lessons learned for the next race:
Stopping for tyres is a good thing in a 50 min race with those cars, 60 litres are probably 10 litres too much for a race that long and make sure to check the starting lights before the race. ;)

See you all next week.

Do any of you have any tips for setups on these F3 cars? I know nothing about setups, so was just using default with longer gears... Does it make much difference?

It can make huge difference, it all depends on your driving style. Do you like understeer or oversteer, maybe a neutral car? Everyone will have it differently. I tried Bram's setup, but I cannot drive with it (at least not as fast as him), probably he can't be fast with mine. :p
I posted my setup from last nigth in the setup section. Try it and maybe you like it or want to change a few things. Make sure you check the steering lock first, my wheel profile is set to 540 degrees, so in game I use 20~23 degrees,

I am still praying every night on my knees in front of my bed to the sim-god if we can have these monsters: pretty please?!?

Now that would be awesome league material with a full field of 25-34 drivers, hahah

i can't wait for them trucks, i watched the video the other day and thought to myself, where are they? did i break the game again so i don't have them :D

yesi m interested Bram in a F3 league again, although a second season of the V8's first would be better :D or maybe rather then the F3 cars use the classics? or is that not so popular? i prefer the classics more! :p

With so many people constantly leaving the F3 league races after a few laps i dont think any step up would be recommended.

Its my biggest grief this league that people cant even finish a race,

Another F3 league would be mega cool, but the Classics would be equally cool. I'm not so good in the V8s but the first league was a success.
But no matter what it's gonna be: Pleeeease not on a wednesday :) Too many cool things on wednesdays, like SRE's leagues, Touring Pro Series leagues. Reto, Sergio, Patrick, Jari and I are all involved in one of these and it would be a shame if we had to miss the next RD league.

Another F3 league would be mega cool, but the Classics would be equally cool. I'm not so good in the V8s but the first league was a success.
But no matter what it's gonna be: Pleeeease not on a wednesday :) Too many cool things on wednesdays, like SRE's leagues, Touring Pro Series leagues. Reto, Sergio, Patrick, Jari and I are all involved in one of these and it would be a shame if we had to miss the next RD league.
For me the time is good, the day also, but can be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thurdays. The classics are extremely hard to drive, very oversteered. I prefer a car "more in the ground" like the F3. I only think we should open a 14 days gap between the races for more pratice and improve our setups to avoid mistakes;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back